Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

A messed up family -OPEN-

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

A messed up family -OPEN- - Page 8 Empty Re: A messed up family -OPEN-

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 am

Kiiron smiled politely, letting the hand go after the tight handshake and followed Keya and Rhyllae into the family home.

It was...different, he had to admit, to the kind of houses he had grown up in. But he decided he liked it, it had a 'homely' touch to it.

As the younger girls leapt at Rhyllae, he was instantly behind her to catch her tumble but allowed her to touch the ground as her bouncing sibling giggled with delight. He didn't want to scare her family away, but his inner being was already growing at the thought of her being injured.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 am

Rhyllae shook her head as her little sister ran off again. This time, out of the house. Clearly someone was being chased. Sure enough, Mason and Colin ran after her, laughing their heads off. "No running in the house!" Rhyllae called after them. both slowed to a wwalk before bolting when they reached the front door.

It was clear that she was the odd one out, all her siblings had red hair. Then two older humans came out, her father, and step mother.

"It's good to see you again, Rhyllae," Jackson smiled. His army background was well noticable in the shapr of his powerful body. Though his red hair was flacked with grey, so was his wifes. She seemed a little pale though, and that was a concern.

"Are you alright, Bianca?" Rhyllae asked.

"Just a cold that's all, dear," Bianca replied. "Though I have to admit, it's good to know your mother won't be a burden on any of us again."

"Believe me, that is something I am glad of myself," Rhyllae replied. She smiled at her step mother, then moved across and gave her a hug.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:04 am

Kiiron studied her biological father and adoptive mother, and instantly noticed the kind air that surrounded her.

"Greetings, Mr. Jackson and Miss Bianca," he said warmly, offering his hand to shake once more

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:22 am

Both of them shook his hand, though again they both seemed rather stunned like their son had been that there was an elf here. Though this time, neither of them commented on that. Maybe it was because they did not know what he was like, but it was true that they were good people. It was just difficult for them to get past abusive Manora.

"This is Kiiron." Rhyllae smiled. "Kiiron, this is my father Jackson and my mother, Bianca."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 am

"An honor to meet you both," he said with a warm smile, with drawing his hand with a slight bow of his head.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 am

"Step mother," Bianca corrected her. "Though i do see you as a daughter anyway." She smiled. "Come and sit down in the lounge, please."

The two older humans led the way, they were easily older than Kiiron was.

Rhyllae fell into her usual chair content. Though it was only a single seat, it worked for what was happening this time.

"There was something I wished to talk to you of, Farmer Slenderbow." Keya smiled.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:26 am

Kiiron perched himself on the floor beside Rhyllae. His elegant manner seeming somewhat odd on the wooden floorboards.
    He allowed Keya to speak, for she was the queen, and he would later have his turn.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:26 am

It seemed she had everyone's attention with her words. But then again, she was the queen.

"I have one town which is currently lordless," she started. "Ciarbera. However I have heard that though the lord who called it home is gone.."

"The usurper you mean. That city was never his," Jackson interrupted. "It was my families home. He came at dawn, to take the city for his own. To kill off every drop of Slenderbow blood was his goal, and he almost succeeded. I managed to escape the bloodbath, because your father had already had me taken for his army."

"So I was told. Do you have any wish to claim what is rightfully yours?"

"No."

Keya sighed. Clearly she had been expecting that. "Do any of your sons?"

"No. Though they know the tale, they are happy as they are."

She sighed again. What was she to do?

"His son's might not, but his daughter would," Rhyllae spoke now.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:44 am

Kiiron smiled slightly, not in surprise because he had expected the very words to come from his strongly-willed mate.
    His ocean blue orbs flickered to Keya, knowing what she would say next, or at least had a rough idea of what she would say.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:50 am

Keya looked at Rhyllae, with a small smile. "I wish it was that simple, Rhyllae. Besides the fact that you are not Jackson's legitimate daughter, which can be overridden easily enough, by me, there is one other issue. Ciarbera's history mandates that it be passed down father to son, a daughter may only claim if she is married."

Rhyllae blinked at the words that Keya had said. She knew though that there was no one else in her family that could claim it who would actually do so. "That's all?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:00 am

Kiiron still sat in silence, listening to Keya talk with the welcoming family. At Rhyllae's words, he was slightly surprised.
    She had already agreed to marry him, not for the love he felt which saddened him, but rather to get away from her mother. And now a title.

But he was selfish enough not to care. He only wanted her.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:05 am

She sighed, knowing that there was something she had to tell Kiiron, but she would wait until they were alone again. She had no idea how he was going to react either. At this point she was not ready for her parents to know that she was certainly pregnant.

Keya looked at Jackson. "Will you let her take what was yours once?"

"If she really wants it, yes," he replied. "I know she does, so its hers."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:20 am

Kiiron lifted a hand somewhat, gathering the attention and nodded to Rhyllae's parents before talking.
    "I believe this is where I come in," he said with a small smile "as you can see I am an elf."
    He chuckled "do you know much of elven culture? Much of our kind and how we live?" he questioned, wondering how they would take the 'she's my mate and meant for me' thing.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:39 am

“I'm afraid out of all of us, I know the most about elves customs and things,” Keya said. “And even my knowledge is badly lacking.”

Both the older humans shook their heads. “No nothing do we know,” Jackson replied. He smiled though. There was so much that had been forbidden. “After all, the elves have been a forbidden subject for the last... two hundred years.”

“I only know something because I lived with Gem for a month. And that was not long enough to know anything really.” Keya shook her head.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 am

"Ahh," he said nodding slightly "completely understandable, I guess I shall have to start from the start."

Pondering and ordering his thoughts, he cleared his throat slightly before starting.
    "I am slightly different to some of my kin," he started "and therefore have slightly different customs then most, but they are all similar in a way."

"We elves," he said, locking eyes with Rhyllae and a warm smile quickly appeared "take mates, not the bonds you humans have, rather we mate for life. Of course, their are the few that may stay together, if they cannot find their true mates, but they more often or not will wait for the true one made for them.....and I found mine, only the other day."

He gestured to Rhyllae, all the love and adoration shining on his face as he spoke.
    "Rhyllae here, is my true mate. And I wish to marry her, Sir," he said directing his thoughts to her father "I spoke to Manora....she is fine with this, and she will no longer be a hassel in Rhyllae's life."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:03 pm

The humans seemed to sit there for a while as they thought about what Kiiron had been talking about. All they knew were the tales that some braver folk had spoken of. Of a time when the elves and humans were once allies and worked together.

“How on earth did you get past Manora? To be honest, I know what she thinks of her own kind, and to know that you somehow got past her gladdens me. She has been giving us a lot of trouble these past few weeks over Rhyllae,” Bianca said. “Me more than anyone, seeing as she wanted her daughter, but I have not been willing to allow Rhyllae to go with her.”

Jackson smiled. “You're welcome to her, Kiiron, as long as you can keep her safe. She can be quite stubborn, our Rhyllae.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 pm

"She will be treated as the princess I think her," he said fervently and smiled a crocked grin at the mention of getting past Manora.
    "It may be against my kind to hide our appearance and lie, Miss Bianca," he said "changing our appearance and personality though, for the ones we love is little compared to other things."

He knew he had most likely confused them, but the cryptic response was all he was planning to say on the current topic.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 pm

The words took a few moments to sink into his mind before Jackson smiled and then looked at his daughter. “What do you say to this idea?”

“I was the one who helped him figure out a way around mother. If I had not liked the idea, father, do you really think he would be here now asking you for my hand?”

Keya smiled. “I'm glad we've settled that. I was meant to meet with the other lords about Ciarbera tomorrow as it is. They gave me a week to find its rightful leader, had I failed, then one of their younger sons would have taken over.”

Jackson blanched at the thought of another family owning his precious family's city. “That I would not have allowed. If it came to that, then I would have left the farm and gone there myself with my family. I am glad it did not come to that, for I have no need to set foot in those walls again.”

Keya smiled. “I guess I best send word to Sahar and Auraka,” she said, looked at Kiiron. “I'm sure your siblings would be happy to hear of this, though I have the feeling Gem already knows.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 am

Kiiron could not help but beam broadly at her words, glad that she had agreed, no matter of what terms.

"Yes, as soon as they land I will be on contact with them," he agreed easily, more then glad to see his family despite them only just leaving.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 am

"Gem and I discussed how to keep in contact with them. Gaelira will come back to us, so she will be able to take the message to her rider and to the others who need to know." Keya smiled. "After that initial contact, Velatha will be able to blink there and back with no trouble." She smiled.

"That is good to hear," Rhyllae said, grinning. it seemed that she would be a married woman soon, but she knew that it was only so that her father's lands did not fall into someone else's hands.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 am

As if knowing what Rhyllae was thinking, he sighed heavily and ran a hand though his dark locks, splaying them slightly over his eyes.

She doesn't love me, does she... he whispered mentally to Keya, looking at her from the corner of his ocean blue eyes she never truly will ever...will she?

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Keya sighed, looking between the minds of her friends. Then mentally she replied to Kiiron. She has started to realize that she is, drawn to you in a way. I think you'll find that soon, your thoughts about her not loving you were wrong. I will not say anymore, for it is rude for me to pry into such a thing.

Rhyllae smiled at Kiiron. She knew that he might have his doubts about her, but that was not something she would be able to talk to him about
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 pm

I understand...he whispered mentally with an internal sigh and slight nod.

"I am sorry, I must be on my way..." he said, shifting his feet and shaking Rhyllae's parents hands once more. He was sure they would want to talk without him around "I shall return another, if you will have me, to learn of this family I will be entering into."

With another nod at Keya, he went to leave the room.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm

“I'm fairly sure our daughter can explain those things to you, easily enough,” Jackson chuckled. He seemed fairly at ease, even with Kiiron there. It was something he was well known for, his laid back attitude.

Keya also stood. “I should be going. I have to deal with those other lords.” She sighed. What fun it was to deal with those scheming men, though she knew the thought was sarcasm entirely.

She smiled at the family in front of her. “I'll see all of you later.” With that, she left the building. Rhyllae smiled at her family. “So what do you think?”

“If he's the one you want, is there any stopping you? We've learnt there is no chance of that.” Bianca smiled. “I might go sleep, so head off wherever it is you're staying.”

“Of course. I'll come again soon.” Rhyllae smiled, hugged them both and then headed out. Ryan was still struggling with Bess in the field. She waved and then moved on.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Kiiron had felt the need to shift forms rise within him when he had been sitting in the lounge. A things that would happen until he spent more time elf then animal, something years of roaming had caused.

Safe from view and humans, he melted into his snow leopard form and ran though the trees, only Rhyllae's scent tingling though his senses.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am