Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

A messed up family -OPEN-

Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Re: A messed up family -OPEN-

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

"It is worth a try, in the least, and I am more then happy to waste my days pursuing her beauty," he sad, her being pushing to the front of his mind and her scent returned to his mind, flooding the senses once more.

"Greetings, Rhyllae-Ash," he said warmly, grasping he'd hand and placing a soft kiss upon the top of her tanned skin "I have heard much about you."
    Or, he wanted to at least.

"As Princess Keya has said, I am Kiiron Taurtheldómion but you may call whatever you want."

He looked to Keya in the corner of his eye, wondering if she would tell Rhyllae of their plans.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 pm

"Kiiron right?" Rhyllae answered. "What exactly have you heard about me?" She knew that the way her mother was was something that often turned people away, muttering their disgust at who she was. Manora was well known in the village.

"I'll just head off, there is much to do before the Dragon Riders get here in the morning. I'll see you later, Rhyllae, Kiiron." To Kiiron, Keya also added. "There's a spare room next door that you can use for the night. I don't mind."

That said, she left the pair behind in Rhyllae's room.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    in a relationship with Glenawing Dragon: Velatha [Dawn Dragon] - no children
    Earl Drannor Wistari Silverleaf
    married to Lady Sahar Ashia Lamya - dragon: Neldor [Dusk Dragon] - shifts into a golden bear - Children: Taeron and Kasinda [twins]
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    in relationship with Kiiron - Dragon: Onyx [Day Dragon] - no children
    Stewardess Ashlere Nuala Evenadari
    in relationships with Faeron - Dragon: none - no children
    Lady Maith Soora Silverleaf
    no relationship - no dragon - shifts into a chocolate wolf - no children
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

"Bits and pieces," he admitted, but saw the worry and fear in her eyes "but nothing bad, I promise."

There was a silence, before the handsome elf offered her an elbow. "Would you give me the honor of showing me around the castle, or maybe even the village? I've never been in the human village before."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:45 pm

"In the morning perhaps. It's been a long day out on my family's farm." She smiled gently. She knew that so much could happen during the course of the day. "Plus, the buildings are rather unsteady at the moment, seeing as the city is being moved now that Lindan Marcos is dead." She knew this was something that would please the elves. "It seems everything tainted by him is being recreated by his daughter."

She sighed. That could not undo what she was. The result of an affair that should not have happened. "I will happily show you around in the morning, I'm tired out now from the things that happened today." She knew she was nothing but a commoner, but that did not mean that she should not show him respect

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    married to Lady Sahar Ashia Lamya - dragon: Neldor [Dusk Dragon] - shifts into a golden bear - Children: Taeron and Kasinda [twins]
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

"Ahh," he said, looking out the window and noticed the falling sun "must of lost track of time..but, if you wake in the morn and wouldn't mind, I would be delighted to walk with you."

He broke into an easy smile, looking younger then his years "maybe you could show me the sparing grounds."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:46 pm

She smiled at him. "I would not mind doing so. Sometimes I go there, just to practise my archery skills." She knew there were some things that she had to always be prepared for, and she was one of the ones who was always ready for anything that came their way. Plus it kept her mind away from how much of a screwed up family she was a part of.

Never in her life had she used a sword, she preferred a bow when it came to fighting. She knew though that this was the only difference between herself and Keya most of the time. They were as close as sisters and that was indeed a rare thing for Keya. Keya would never admit it, not unless she became one of the nobles herself.

“I best get some sleep, the Dragon Riders come, and its said that the dragons won't pick someone who is lazy and gets there late.” It was true the dragons never had picked someone who was that way. And they never would as far as they knew.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

"Then I shall see you in the morn, beautiful Rhyllae," he murmered, turning with a last glance and moved from the room, easily finding the room Keya had directed him to and for the first time in years, sank into the soft mattress.

In truth, he somewhat missed the comfort of the forest. The feeling of belonging with the other animals, and never quiet being alone. But now, in his room and surronded by stone, he felt more alone then he thought he ever had.

He tossed and turned, kicking the sheets from the bed but never seeming to find comfort within the soft bed. That was the problem...it was just to soft. To comfortable.

With a growling sigh, he stood shirtless and padded bare foot out from his room, deciding to search the castle in his restlessness. But, his nose had other thoughts alongside his mind. He didn't relise until his senses became flooded, that he was trailing her scent, slowly drawing closer to her room.

Forcing himself to stop, he turned in the opposite direction but struggled with every stride. How he wished to lay beside her, to just fall asleep to the gentle rytham of her breathing pattern. But he couldn't, not yet at least. He couldn't scare her away.

So, walking away, his mind drifted to another subject. The dragon eggs. He wouldn't be a rider, surely, he had as a young child always looked upon the dragons as a thing of great beauty, to those pure of soul and strong enough to care for such amazing, graceful creatures. But he knew that was never the life for him.

He wasn't born to be a rider, and he was fine with that.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:22 pm

The sleep she had that night was one of the easiest ones she had had in a long time. It was something she had not anticipated, and she woke up once more at dawn. She knew what was coming and she hoped that she would be chosen. The only people who outranked the Dragon Riders unless one themselves were the royal families.

If she could become a Rider, then the trouble she had with Manora would be hopefully over. No one was allowed to deny a Dragon Rider anything, but would that stop Manora from being the beastly elf she was? Rhyllae knew that the family on her mother's side had once had a lot of honor to its name. Now it was nothing. Well, she would just have to do something about that, mighten she?

Smiling though, she freshened herself up to wake up and then muttered something in elfish. The well crafted longbow was always ready for a bit of work. She smiled, running her hand down the fine horse tail hair strong. It was like a hawk was carved into the wood, and it was very ornate. A little too ornate for a farm girl. But she had fought for Gem, and as a token of her thanks, Gem had given her the bow and its oddly shaped red quiver.

She slung the bow over one shoulder, and the quiver over the other. Like so, she headed out of her room. The long black hair was carefully fixed out of her eyes, and the clothing she wore now was more of the elven kind. She was ready to face the day, like a true warrior would.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

The dawn rose, the sky turning into it's ribbons of blue and pink. He was still awake, but still no tired nor sleepy. He could live a few days without sleep, his body had seen much worse in the right of arms. And the thought of his beautiful angel kept his mind awake and fresh, the mere thought of her scent dragging his dark blue orbs open.

But her scent drifted closer, his head snapped up and widened at her approach. She looked beautiful, elven robes and all. She looked every part a princess, a warrior and a mate in one.

"Rhyllae-Ash," he greeted, bowing his head to her, but his restless orbs never seemed to be able to look away for long "are you heading towards the dragon choosing room?"

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:09 pm

She smiled as she moved through the hallways until he crossed her path, making her stop. “After a bit of archery practise, yes. Keya and I usually meet up at the sparring grounds each morning, she knows what an asset I was to Gem in the fighting.”

It was not something many could say. She knew that Keya saw her as much more than a simple farm girl, but it was something she was yet to make it official. “I normally train there for an hour, as does she.” She smiled at him. There were some things that she could not say. One would not reach their goals if they did not do what was needed.

“Did you want to come?” she asked. “Once I've been there, yes I am going to the dragon room, its being held in the throne room, of all places.”

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

"I would love to," he said, breaking into a relaxed smile and turned to follow her strides towards the sparing ground. He couldn't wait to see her fight, he had no doubt that she would be strong and unforging with her weapon.

They walked in silence, making their way along the trail towards the training grounds before he just wanted to hear her voice, for it to fill the silence. Not that it was awkard at all, he just wanted to hear her vocals lingering in the silence of the grounds.

"Tell me more of yourself, Rhyllae-Ash," he said softly, dark blue turning to her to plead.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 pm

She was about to say something when there was a loud roar of welcome from Velatha, which made her jump. It was a sound not due for another two hours and yet there was Velatha, sitting on her back legs, wings outstretched to their full length in the weak early morning sunlight, staring at something in the sky.

A glance told Rhyllae-Ash that it was the Riders. “Maybe no practise for me after all. They're early.”

It was then that Keya came rushing out to her dragon's side. She did not appear to see Rhyllae-Ash or Kiiron, for she leapt up into Velatha's saddle lithely, and the golden dragon leapt into the sky.

'Are you sure its them?' She asked as the dragon propelled her through the air.

'My eyes never deceive me during the dawn. This is the time I am at my most powerful.'

Soon they saw the huge white dragon, plus a purple and a blue behind her. There was also a black dragon behind them.

Velatha stopped to hover in the air as Gaelira changed her path to face her personally.

“it is good to see you again, my sister,” Velatha chuckled.

“And I you, little sister,” Gaelira chuckled.

The two riders also exchanged the right greetings, the only different being their titles.

Then Keya finally said, “You're early... more than half my city was asleep until Velatha roared her greeting.”

“Better early than late,” Drannor replied.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

Kiiron chuckled, peering up into the sky and made out the small forms of the flying grounds, easily able to see their forms and which was which. The purple and black dragon though, he had no idea who they were.

"I guess we should head back," he said softly, somewhat disappointed that he would not be able to see her train today.

Cyara dipped in the sky, the smallest of the dragons, and pulled up beside her mate, Neldor and eyed the approaching golden with bright eyes.

Rasjar nodded his head to Gaelira's sister, his bright colour constrasting against the rising sun.
    "Greetings Velatha," he said to the older dragoness "how have you been?"

The red head peered over the landscape of her birth, many of the vast landscapes looking different from a dragon's back. She was a changed woman now, her life turned to the best. Her scar's, three across her face, still stood out brighting in the place of freckles, but everyone knew better then to mention them around Drannor and Sahar herself. Behind her, rested the twins. Tens years in age, Kasinda was growing into a smaller version of her mother, despite the deep chocolate brown locks that were her fathers. And Taeron was as much as father, despite the fiery locks of his mother, but had his father's eyes of ocean blue.

"Was this were you grew up Mum?" Kasinda asked softly, eyes wide as they took in the beautiful lands.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:47 pm

She spotted the two children and smiled. “I was not told there would be children coming,” Keya commented, looking at Gem.
    “That was a last minute decision. You should have seen them coming,” Gem replied. She smiled though. “A gift like yours should not have been fooled by that.”
    “I haven't had any visions for a while, Gem,” Keya replied. She sounded concerned, it was not like a gift to simply stop happening.
    “We can talk about that later,” Gem replied. “After all, today is a very special day isn't it in Nuban?”
    “Most certainly.” Keya smiled though and Velatha flipped backwards, leading the way back to Nuduien. She landed easily, retreating into her den while the others landed.

Rhyllae Ash smiled. “I suppose so.” She was in truth a little disappointed about not being able to practise. She turned and headed back into the walls where it was safe from the landing dragons.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Kiiron Taurtheldómion

Kasinda waved hesiantly, while her brother just fully grinned at Keya. He loved being the center of attention, which suited his quiet, younger sister perfectally.
    "Yes, they decided that they wanted to come along and see the dragons, it shall be their turn in a few years," Sahar said in a motherly fashion, nodding to Keya polietly.

Rasjar and Cyara followed suit, landing softly upon the open field and allowed their riders to dismount with ease and the twins looked around with excitement.

As it was, Auraka hurried to help Gem dismount, even though he knew she still could. He worried for her and the three extra bodies she was carrying.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:18 am

Gem chuckled as Auraka helped her down. “For someone who once had a huge fear of heights, no one would believe me that you had that nowadays.” She smiled at him though as her feet touched the ground. “And you know I can handle getting down perfectly well on my own.” Gem was surprised though, when Keya moved over and gave her a hug. She smiled, returning the gesture. They had been friends Keya's whole life and it was something not so well known.

“Been a while, cousin,” Keya said.

“Yes well you know, its been hard work making sure things are working smoothly before today came. I trust everyone knows why we're here?"

"Of course, and there are a lot of people who are interested in those eggs." Keya smiled. "Though I am more than aware that they are not the only reason for you coming here."

"Of course not, you have to take your place today, you know that," Gem replied.

"A better queen we couldn't ask for," Drannor added. "You are everything these humans need, when we leave."

Rhyllae-Ash chuckled as she moved out towards the other elves. She knew most of them by name, except for the red haired one and the children. She greeted Gem, knowing what was expected of her.

"So this is where you've been hiding?" Gem asked.

"Yes my queen. Half my family lives here."

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:06 am

Auraka chuckled, kissing her cheek gently. "I almost forgot about that," he said sheepishly and held her hand a's they moved towards Keya and Rhyllea-Ash.

"This is my little sister, Sahar and her twins Taeron and Kasinda. Sahar is married to Drannor."

His eyes widened, maw dropping to stare at the sight of the elven man trailing behind her.
    "Kiiron?" he asked, studying the blue-eyed, black haired male "Is that you?"

Kiiron relaxes, easy smile breaking though his emotionless features.
    "Auraka, brother, long time no see," he said, pulling the elf into a hug and smiled warmly at Sahar "I see you found her? How many years did it take you?"

"Around 19," he admitted, hand brushing back though his hair "she was engaged and pregnant by the time I found her."

Kiiron chuckled, "heard you got married a's well," he said before turning to Gem.
    "My queen," he murmured, shocked at himself for ignoring his queen while welcoming back his long lost friend, and frowned a's Auraka broke into loud laughter.
    "What?!?" he asked, wondering why he was laughing "what? What did I do?"

Auraka struggled to control himself "you haven't changed at all! And you just met my beloved wife, Queen Gem."

Kiiron couldn't help but laugh at that.
    "So you're a prince now? You're helping to rule the elves?" he chuckled before smiling at Gem "interesting choice my queen."

Sahar watched on with shock, having rarely seen her brother so relaxed and carefree. Never before has he mentioned this Kiiron.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:11 am

One eyebrow rose as Auraka and Kiiron spoke. It seemed this was another family member perhaps? “Yes he would be helping me. Auraka is doing a good job,” Gem replied. “I do not think I could have chosen a more worthy elf.” gem smiled as she walked over to the two men, wrapping one arm around Auraka.

Drannor chuckled at the conversation. Then he moved back to his family. “It would seem another family member is revealed.” He smiled at Sahar. “I don't think Auraka was expecting to see Kiiron here.” He was smiling though, as he watched what was going on. A few times though his eyes roamed the walls of the courtyard, seeing the humans starting to come out to stare at all of them, as well as the dragons in interest. “You'd think the humans hadn't seen and elf or dragon before,” he murmured to his family.

Rhyllae-Ash shrank backwards, she was not good in a crowd of elves. This was something she was not able to handle all that well at the moment. Kiiron and Keya seemed to know everyone here, but she knew this was not a gathering that was likely to be any good for her to interact with. For she was the daughter of the elf who got around.

“Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow! Get yourself back over here!” shouted a woman and Rhyllae shuddered. She knew it was Manora but did she care? Not in the slightest.

“You don't have to go anywhere, Rhyllae,” Keya replied. She looked over at the red haired female elf who had shouted out. “She does not control you if she did not raise you, which I know she did not.” It was true, aside from visiting on Rhyllae's birthday's, Manora had been mixing from the family.

Likely travelling and seeing other men, Rhyllae thought, scowling at her mother.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 am

Auraka laughed good naturally, arm wrapping tightly around her waist and pressed his lips against her soft hair.
    "I think I chose pretty well myself," he chucked, twinkle in his green eyes.

Sahar blinked before turning her attention towards her husband and wrapped her arms around him, chin resting on this chest and the slight bump of her stomach pressed against him.
    "So it seems," she agrees absently "and could be possible love, with their old king, our kind would be rare and the only dragon they saw would most likely be blue."

Kiiron watched Rhyllea with worry, eyes running over the horrid elf she called a mother and felt the overwhelming need to comfort her and save her from the awful woman.
    The look on her face said it all, and he silently thanked Keya for saying the words he so despartly wanted to.

She looked so out of place with the elves, so uncomfortable within her own kind that his heart leapt up to comfort her. Auraka noticed the expression and nodded with a knowing nod, seeming to know what was on his mind.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 am

“Velatha was also a common sight, Sahar. So no, not only Rhothilion was seen here when my father was in power.” She smiled. “I and my dear departed mother, as well as Hycis were the only elves welcome here in Nuduien, so how Manora even got in here is beyond me,” Keya remarked.

Rhyllae sighed. “Likely by hiding what she really was?”

Keya chuckled then. “No need to thank me, Kiiron, I am only looking out for my people here.”

Drannor smiled. “I know who Manora used to be, Shame really, her family was once a family of nobles, but due to her behaviour, and her father's, they have lost their honor.” He chuckled, rubbing Sahars belly before kissing her scarred cheek. He would never forgive himself.

“no need to remind me,” Rhyllae replied, speaking for the first time

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:13 am

Sahar smiled slightly in response and nodded.
    "True, but most likely not all at once, nor with elven riders."

Sahar hit Drannor on the arm lightly and scolded him for bringing up smothers hard past. Surely, with one like his own he would know better? Obviously not.

Sahar screamed and huddled deeper behind Drannor, forcing a frightened Kasinda and Taeron behind her, Cyara placing herself firmly in front of he'd rider with a rumbling growl.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:22 am

He chuckled as she hit him, knowing that he did not really get hurt from the movement. "Sorry love," he replied, kissing her gently. "But Manora's family used to be freinds with mine, until we lost contact."

"Drannor isn't t?" Rhyllae-Ash replied.

"Yeah thats me," he chocolate brown hared elf replied.

"I remember stories mother told me of your family," she replied.

Then Sahar screamed and Drannor looked down at her. "Whats wrong love?" He growled though, moving in front of her worriedly. What had frightened his wife like this? Neldor' s great head moved about as well, looking, as he settled in front of Cyara.

Almost straight away, most of the elves were on edge, including Gem and Gaelira.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 am

Cowering behind Drannor's safety, Sahar made sure the twins were out of sight. But she only had eyes for the human man before them.

His baby blue eyes, his crooked nose...the scar that ran along his cheek could only belong to one human. The reason she was now carrying a human's child.

Not wanting to tell the others just yet of her shame, she opened the mind link to Drannor and sobbed internally.
    "It is him."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:08 pm

He growled, turning to glare at the human. Keya seemed to realise what had happened, for Velatha moved out fo the way, as did Rhyllae at a signal from her. Drannor was not pleased to see the human who had done what he had to his wife.

Keya knew better than to get in the way when it came to something like this, though Sahar's secret was safe with her right now. Remembering what had happened last time he was this close to Sahar, Drannor took several steps away from her, though he was badly shaking at the moment.

The human seemed to notice and seemed to run for it as a huge golden bear exploded from where Drannor stood. He seemed to be twelve feet long and four feet wide. Surprisingly he was not brown any more, but a huge golden furred bear. He roared and he was surprised for a moment before he leapt after the human.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Kiiron blinked, watching his sister cower behind her husband and looked to Auraka in surprise.
    "What's wrong with Sahar?" he sake softly but Auraka shook his head, shrugging but the worry was clear in his orbs.
    "I don't know...." he whispered "I don't know..."

Sahar stood stock still, green orbs filled with horror.
    "Drannor!" she screamed "Drannor stop it!"
    The twins stood behind her, peering around her curves and watching their father with something close to fear. Never had they seen him like this, sure they had seen him fight before, but never like this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:48 pm