Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

A messed up family -OPEN-

Erosaf
    Admin

Re: A messed up family -OPEN-

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 pm

He did not know what was really going on this time, but the human seemed to have ran off somewhere he wouldn't be able to get to him. He doubted the human would dare show himself around them again. He did not have to move far to scare the human off it seemed, he'd only taken a few steps. He shuddered though as he realized what kind of animal he'd become. A bear? No! The howling noise that left him this time was not one meant to frighten anyone, but one of sheer horror.

He was his father's creature and that was something he could not handle at the moment. how could he let this happen? Why hadn't anyone told him that he was changing in appearance when he was this creature. Though he could hear Keya getting people to keep moving and not stare at him, he knew it was no use. His father was the most hated of all the elves, and right now, he looked like his father, except for the color of his fur. Small luck that was.

Rhyllae-Ash seemed to stare at Drannor for a moment before turning her eyes elsewhere. There were some things she knew that did not want her attention, and she knew this was likely one of those times for Drannor

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    in a relationship with Glenawing Dragon: Velatha [Dawn Dragon] - no children
    Earl Drannor Wistari Silverleaf
    married to Lady Sahar Ashia Lamya - dragon: Neldor [Dusk Dragon] - shifts into a golden bear - Children: Taeron and Kasinda [twins]
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    in relationship with Kiiron - Dragon: Onyx [Day Dragon] - no children
    Stewardess Ashlere Nuala Evenadari
    in relationships with Faeron - Dragon: none - no children
    Lady Maith Soora Silverleaf
    no relationship - no dragon - shifts into a chocolate wolf - no children
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Sahar slowly moved towards Drannor, hand rubbing his snout and buried her face into the golden brown fur.
    "Hush Drannor," she whispered "come
    on love, change back so we can talk about this."

She pressed her lips and patted his cheek gently.
    "Come on love, it's not bad," she murmured " there will be a reason behind this."

Kiiron's eyes flickered to Rhyllea, noting the distant look. She seemed to look away from Drannor, seeming to understand his pain.
    "Are you alright?" he asked softly.
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 pm

He growled unhappily. How could this happen to him like this? He sighed though, changing back though he refused to look at any of them. Clearly there were issues with what his animal had changed to. "Once I would have been pleased to be what my father was. That was a long time ago." There was nothing in this, nothing in being a bear for him. He wanted his wolf back, that much was clear.

Rhyllae-Ash sighed. "I know what he's thinking about. I remember his father, and I have a feeling that being a bear is not something Drannor wanted. PLus, a creature someone is does not just change like that. There had to be a reason."

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    married to Lady Sahar Ashia Lamya - dragon: Neldor [Dusk Dragon] - shifts into a golden bear - Children: Taeron and Kasinda [twins]
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 am

Sahar knew, she understood. She had been with him long enough to understand at least half the conflict around him.
    "Drannor," she sighed and kissed his cheek gently "calm down, we'll figure out why later, but we have other things to do now..."

Looking to Keya, she nodded her head "yes, and we will find out why and find a way to change it Love, but not right now."
    She squeezed his hand gently and gestured towards the castle.
    "Best we see if any new riders will be running around soon?"

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 am

"The moment Velatha roared that greeting to all of you, a few of the others went down to the lower town areas to let people know that you're here. There's at least twenty youths the right age this time," Keya replied. She smiled and glanced at Rhyllae-Ash for a moment. She knew that Rhyllae was the right age herself. "Please, come with me."

Keya smiled, turning away and moving through the walls towards the huge throne room. Though the room was bare at the moment, except of course for her throne and a few tables, it was ready for what was happening.

"Those tables are for the eggs."

Gem smiled, moving back to the bag attached to Gaelira's saddle. This she detatched, and carrying it carefully over to the tables, she rested it on the floor. Four eggs ccame out. Two were blue, one was cream and the other was a brilliant white.

"A sun egg?" Drannor asked.

"Yes, and thats the one I'm watching. You and Auraka have the two blues. Keya has the cream one."

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 am

Auraka smiled brightly at the sight of the sun egg, among the other. A rare honour if it would hatch, and a new, strong rider to join the ranks.

Moving to his position behind the blue egg, his hands ran over the smooth surface. Head lifting as Kiiron came to stand beside him, he watched in awe as the egg rattled slightly and Kiiron's hand brushed against the egg beside his own. Drannor's charge.
    "Ah...Kiiron?" he asked, for his brother hadn't seemed to have noticed "touch the egg again..."

Kiiron frowned, wondering what the hell Auraka was on about, but complied. The egg rattled again, so his hand quickly snapped backwards.
    "Auraka!" he said, eyes wide. He didn't want to be a rider, not that he hadn't wanted to as a child, but he knew he was content with a life on the ground.
    "Surely not..."

"Drannor?" he asked his brother-in-law beside him "it seems we are down to three already."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:31 am

"the dragon chooses the rider, Kiiron," Drannor replied, studying the egg. "The dragon chose you. Wanted or not, you are a rider." Or at least one in training.

A human male was picked by Keya's cream egg.

Keya stepped back as had Drannor now that their eggs had chosen someone. Now it was Rhyllae's turn.

"Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow!"

She moved forwards, greeting Gem first and rested her hand on the Sun dragon. It zapped her and she quickly withdrew the hand. She was the last of the people wanting to try out. She turned to Keya and smiled. Then her hand moved out to rest on the egg in front of Auraka. Instead of the unfreindly zap she'd gotten from the Sun Dragon egg, this egg felt warm under her skin. She removed the hand and it shook, hard.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

Kiiron bowed his head slightly at Drannor's words, knowing it to be true but still unable to understand why he. Why was he chosen? He was easily one of the oldest here, at least among the humans and most dragons chose young riders. But, alas, he was one now.

Auraka grinned as Rhyllae approached, for his egg was still unhatched and he hoped that it would, for it seemed that the sun egg wasn't going to hatch today, maybe not even any time soon.
    "Well done," he whispered as it rattled and shook, claiming her as it's rider "wait for it to hatch and give it a name."

He stepped back, joining Drannor and Keya.

Kiiron watched the shuddered egg with awe, breaking into a small smile as a little head broke free from the tough shell, black in colour with a streak of purple across it's spine.
    "Laiadion," he named the squeaking hatchling, hand brushing against the little head and he sighed with relief, he was glad to have been chosen, not that it had been a planned thing.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:55 am

“My daughter's rider has not been born yet, I do not think,” Gaelira replied, as Gem carefully packed the Sun Dragon egg away in the bag it had come from. She was smiling though at the few riders who had been chosen. She had known that Rhyllae-Ash deserved a dragon, but Kiiron and the human? They were a surprise for her right now.

Rhyllae blinked as she looked down on the egg that had chosen her. It was something she had not anticipated. She only glanced up at Auraka at his words before the exploded, revealing a house cat sized dragon. It chirped at her, looking up out of huge silver eyes. She smiled looked down at the little one.

“Onyx. His name is Onyx.”

For the first time in history, a male dragon had chosen a female rider.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Kiiron smiled over at his soul mate, not that she knew it yet, and sighed with relief. She deserved to be a rider, her strong soul and personality suited the role to perfection.

"Well done," he whispered, shifting closer to her, his little black hatching on his arm and blinking up at him with purple eyes "and I think the name suits him."

He half-smiled, rubbing the chin of his own and sighed, looking to Auraka who nodded slightly with a boyish grin.

Auraka turned to Gem, wrapping his arms around her waist and tugged her close.
    "Think we are done here love," he whispered and kissed her head.
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:19 pm

She only really had eyes for the little dragon that had climbed up onto her shoulder, wings wide open. How could she have become a rider? Sure she had felt lured to the egg, and certainly more than a tad jealous when others touched it, but who cared about that.
    “You too,” Rhyllae replied. She knew that there would be nothing more important to her now than her dragon.

Keya smiled as she looked at the others. She understood only too well how the new riders felt as their dragons broke their eggs open. She looked at Gem though and then headed out of the room, though Rhyllae knew she wanted to talk to her alone.

“I'll be back later,” she told Kiiron. Then she quickly headed from the room.

Gem smiled as she looked at the others who had come with her. “Yes, our work is done for the day. But tomorrow we're here anyway.. Keya knows its time for her to become queen.” She chuckled. “She still has much to do.”

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Auraka nodded at Gem's words, rubbing her arm with a smooth palm and knew only how much she had to stand up and act. He was raised in Taror, never to be a king or think of ruling. Then, for some odd reason, Gem ended up being his. Someone he wasn't planning on letting go. Ever.

Kiiron watched Rhyllae go with a heartbroken expression, not even the little chirping hatchling on his arm could snap him out of it, though it got a scratch in reply.
    Auraka eyed him before gesturing to Gem, knowing the look only to well.
    "Brother," he called to no reply "Kiiron..."

"Kiiron!" he yelled, finally making the elf snap out of it, turning to stare at Auraka with wide eyes "is there something you haven't told me yet?"

Kiiron blinked, shaking his head and frowning slightly, wondering what he hadn't said.
    "About a certain pretty lady?" Auraka continued, earning a low growl from Kiiron and watched as his fists clenched.
    "Are you married?"

"No," he said shortly, finally understanding what Auraka was going on about "she doesn't know yet and does not look upon me in any such way."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Keya laughed for a moment at Auraka's words, thoguh her face was carefulyl calm when Rhyllae entered the room behind her.

“You wanted me?”

“Yes, I did actually. I know your mother's type, Rhyllae. Somehow I don't think she'll stop trying to control you. We're going to have to do something about that, you know,” Keya replied.

“I know, but there is little that can be done. She never wanted me to get to know other elves, nor to be able to settle down and live life the way I want. I know something bad is going to happen, but I don't know what. It's just a feeling I have at the moment.”

Rhyllae sighed. Her mother was going to be such a pain for her.

“I have been considering things for a while, Rhyllae. What if I made you a part of my guard? She would not be able to touch you without insulting me, that way.”

“Do you think that will work?”

“For a time perhaps. Indefinately, I do not know,” Keya replied. “And I am glad you have Onyx as well. That should make her think about things before she tries anything. You already outrank her, you know.” She smiled. "I think we better get back to the others."

With that the two friends headed back to the other room.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Kiiron heard all the words Keya said, and felt his heart leap slightly. Maybe she was going to propose his idea...but much to his dismay she had another. A guard? A royal guard? He felt his heart sink a little lower at the idea, it was just something else to keep her futher apart from him.

But then his own idea came to mind, maybe he could become her guard as well? He had nothing better to do, and already finished his knightly training. He had been fully knighted at only 16, making him one of the youngest ever. Maybe Keya would allow that...

He sighed, but smiled as they re-entered the room again.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:22 pm

She knew that there was little chance that Kiiron would go with the other elves when they left Nuban. not while he was thinking how he did about Rhyllae Ash. She knew that she would ahve to do something abotu that so he did not have to worry about being apart from Rhyllae. Though it was something she rarely would have done, she knew she would have to.

She looked across at Kiiron now. "Kiiron? Could I have a word with you?" she indicated back the way she'd come with her head.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:31 pm

At the call of his name, his head snapped up and landed on Keya. Bowing his head, allowing the longish locks to cover his blue eyes once more, he nodded and stood to follow her from the room.

"You wished to speak with me, princess," he said formally, the little black hatchling resting on his shoulder, tail curled around his neck and squawked in protest at the sudden movement before nestling into his pale neck.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:06 pm

A couple of gaurds moved passed them in the corridor as she lead him over to the other room where she had talked to Rhyllae-Ash. “There was something I wanted to ask you, in reference to something I heard in your head. I know you're aware of the trouble Manora is causing for Rhyllae-Ash. I have decided to do a few things, so that Manora cannot get to her without going through me .I know that I gave her a place in my Yellowjackets, and that you think this will keep her away from you.”

This was not the easiest of things to do, to make sure everyone was happy with what she gave them. “Know that I am not doing that to separate you two. So, instead, I was thinking of offering you a place in my Yellowjacket Gaurds as well, Kiiron. What do you say?”

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Kiiron listened intently to her words, feeling somewhat ashamed that she had assumed from such things.
    "I only meant, princess, that training as both a rider and a knight if very time consuming, meaning she will be able to spend very little time with anyone, and she barely knows me, so why would she waste spending it with me?"
    He sighed, but instantly brightened at her proposal.
    "I would love nothing more, I have always been a knight and it has been something I have dearly missed in my years of roaming," he said softly, eyes shining with gratuide "thank you."

Making a split second decision, he knelt before her with his head bowed.
    "Please accept my as your vessel, and loyal servant," he whispered "I am yours to command."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm

She smiled as she looked at him. "I know that training her will take time, but I think there are some things that are hidden even from you when it comes to her." She smiled. "I have known Rhyllae a long time, and I know that once she gets to know someone, tehre is no one more loyal. That was why i offered her a position as well. Well,a s well as to stop her mother from getting int he way on her all the time."

For a moment she thought about things. "I accept you into my service, Kiiron."

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:30 pm

"Thank you," he whispered fervently "my princess."

Shifting to his feet, a new power shining into his eyes, he agreed easily.
    "I have no doubt, she is so beautiful, so powerful and strong," he said "she would of had to be with a life such as hers, and I only hope she will be as loyal to me as I will be to her. Whatever she needs, be it a friend, lover or something else completely, I will be there for her..."

He smiled weakly, opening the door for Keya to return to the other room "I hope she will one day feel as I already do."

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

“Though it is not fair of me to say it, I dare say she will, in time. I know not what she needs other than to be freed from her mother's influence. It is the only thing that troubles her, and I can only do so much to stop things from turning ugly there.” She smiled, and headed back towards the rest of the group.
    When she got back there, she asked, “Where's Rhyllae?” For the dark skinned half elf nor the silver hatchling were there at the moment.
    “She went back to her room, she said she was tired,” Drannor replied.

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Kiiron instantly frowned, worry flooding him as she drifted from his sight.
    "My princess, I must...go," he said urgently "I will report to duty first thing in the morn."

With those words, he turned stiffly on his heel and marched out the door, not knowing why he felt so worried. But something must be wrong if he was feeling like this, something must.

Heart heavy, he followed her earlier words of where her room was and paced softly down the halls. He didn't want to scare her with his forwardness.
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:54 pm

She sighed as she moved into her room, not bothering to close the door this time, she only wanted to lie down. Onyx leapt from her shoulder onto the bed, choosing to hog one of her pillows. She sighed, as she entered the room, not realizing someone else was into the room until her dragon hissed in warning. She heard the blade coming though and rolled out of the way, colliding with the post in her bed.

The sword kept coming though, the man was much stronger than her it seemed. "Eep!" She yelped as she dodged again. The sword that she had came out once, but it was quickly knocked from her grasp.

"And we were told you were stronger than this."

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 pm

His strides grew quicker, his mind fluttering with even more worry. How far did he have to be! Why was it taking so long?

He lifted his pace, no longer caring and charged down the hallways.

Auraka looked at Keya, questioning her silently.
    "What was that about?" he asked after a moment.

Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:59 pm

"I think it would be best if he told you him.." she broke off. "Anima." Since when did she use that word? it would have to be the first time she had used it around Gem.. Someone had gone after Rhyllae? But why?

She ducked again, but soon he'd backed her into a corner. "What a short lived Uruohtar you made, girl." She blinked, eyeing the dagger he held at her throat. "Should someone come in, you'll be dead."

Queen Keya Ava Marcos
    Rhyllae-Ash Slenderbow

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:48 pm