Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

A messed up family -OPEN-

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

A messed up family -OPEN- - Page 7 Empty Re: A messed up family -OPEN-

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:24 am

"What on earth would you want that wretched child for? She knows nothing of what she is supposed to be as a woman. Gadding about like that with that stupid bow and fighting. I told her she'd never find someone doing all that male work."

Mamnora blinked though. "Last I saw her, she was talking to another blasted elf. She's not worth an elf, but a human... perhaps."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 am

"I must marry," he said with a carefree shrug "my parents died, leaving me a heirloom of hand and I must marry to get it. I heard you were trying to get her off your hands, and thought I might be welcome."

It hurts that I must lie to get her.... he thought towards Keya with a slight whimper, but was sure to keep all emotion from his face, despite feeling somewhat human.

"I will, of course, pay for any repretions lost in her marriage," he added after a moment.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

I know it would be hard, but I think I can make that one not seem so much a lie, Keya told him mentally.

"He is one of my best soldiers at the moment, and when he came to me with the issue he had with what he is meant to inherit, I thought that Rhyllae might be a worthwhile choice for Sir John here."
    Keya smiled, knowing that this was something that Manora would be impressed by if nothing else.

"Well in that case, you'll have to deal with her father. She's too much like him than me, but of course, I cannot refuse that idea." Manora smiled. "It will be good to have you as a son in law, John."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:19 am

He innerly giggled at the title ‘sir’ but nodded his head.
    “Oh, of course, I shall speak to her father,” he said with a small shrug “and I think it will be enjoyable being a son in law to you, Miss Manora.”
    He sighed to himself, wishing he could leave already.
    Will her father be anything like this?

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am

Wait a moment, Keya told him. She was listening hard to what was going on in Manora's mind right now. Slowly it seemed that manora had accepted the idea of Kiiron taking her daughter from her. You've won here. And no, unlike Manora, Jackson is a reather pleasent man and has no annoyance at elves or any of that. Quite the opposite. Twould eb good if you were to take Rhyllae with you that time, she'll be able to tell you more.
    Keya smiled. “Thank you for your time, Manora. You don't have to do anything. I can handle everything.” Manora nodded.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 am

"I'll see you soon then, I will be in touch," he said with a slight bow of his head, turning and follow Keya from the yard.
    He breathed a sigh of relief, it had gone a lot better then he expected.

Thank gosh, he will not mind if I am elven for that meeting? he asked mentally as they paced away.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:00 am

She waited until they were out of hearing range before she replied. “I do not think that it will bother thim. After all, he was fond enough of Manora once, and that is something of a mystery to most. Especially being a married man before he met her.” Keya chuckled. The things her people got up to never ceased to surprise her, and that was something she knew she enjoyed having to deal with.

She looked at him with a gently smile on her face. She was impressed with how things had worked out with Manora. “Rhyllae will be glad that our plan worked, so you might as well turn back into an elf now that she can't see us anymore.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:11 am

Kiiron nodded with a wide smile, glad how it had turned out.
    "Finally," he said, features turning back into their normal shape and let out a loud sigh, relieved to feel himself once more.
    "Much better," he grinned as they moved back to the castle, excited to share his news.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 am

She smiled as relieved as he likely was to see him as an elf once more. “You know, you're the only pure elf that's going to be here after they all leave.” Thoughs he was not sure if he had concidered that. “Everyone else is leaving.”

It did not take long for them to reach the castle. “I have other things to do, I'll see you tomorrow.” That much she knew at the moment. There was so much left for her to do. She knew that she had to find out where those blasted Minotaur were as well, she did not want any trouble from them at the moment. If they dared come close to one of her towns, well, they would find themselves dead.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:42 am

His good mood lessened slightly at her words, but nodded formally.
    "Yes," he whispered "yes I will be."

At Keya's goodbye, he turned in the other direction and headed back to Rhyllae's room. Slipping inside, he found Sahar tending to her wounds once more.
    "Hello," he whispered and looked at Sahar confused as she laughed at him before explaining.
    "Your nose is still human," she chuckled giving it a teasing tug before watching him turn it back with a hurried, muttered word.
    "Much better," she whispered, looking over Rhyllae.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:07 pm

She laughed as well when he came in. “You forgot about that didn't you?” she teased. At least she was well on the route to recovery now. That was something that was good for her to think about. It would not be long before she would be completely better.
    She was in a good mood though, which she knew was due to knowing that soon she would not have to deal with Manora anymore.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 pm

"Maybe," he said, a red flush growing in his cheeks. He couldn't believe Keya hadn't said anything!
    "How are you feeling?" he asked, changing the topic "any better? Oh, and I have some good news."
    He grinned, gripping her hand gently.
    "We're getting you away from that mother of your's."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:06 pm

"I am glad to know that the idea worked, though I do not know how long that will last." She smiled. "I feel fine." She knew that though she did not do much at the moment, her strength was coming back of course. She knew that Manora was likely to try and see if it really was a human that wanted her daughter. She was such a paranoid old cow.

"I guess Keya did not notice, or she didn't think to tell you."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 am

Kiiron nodded, glad that his unintelligent actions had brought a smile to her face and laughter to her lungs.
    "good," he said, glad she was feeling better "and we will go speak with your father later."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:34 am

"It would be good to not to be stuck in here when we do go and see him. At least we we know we have all the time in the world when it comes to seeing him." She smiled at him though. There were some things that would take time. "He will be a little stunned that I've found someone. Though I am the oldest, the others all had someone at least once before me, though none of them went anywhere."

She smiled, thinking about her step siblings. Things were easy enough there. "Though there will be some things you will not like about their traditions."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 am

"I am willing to put up with any odd human traditions for you, amore," he murmured gently, taking her hands with a gentle squeeze.
    "You'll have to try harder to get rid of me now," he said, tones warm.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 am

She laughed. "Who said I was trying to get rid of you?" She was smiling though and she knew that was good. It was a smile that was rarely seen on her face, though she knew that he was seeing a lot of it. There were some things she knew that Keya had not told them as yet, but they would come to that, in time. Surely Keya had her own plans when it came to the pair of them at the moment. They were her youngest knights, she knew that. Well, apart from Sir Edmund.

"It's going to be odd, for both of us, having humans as our comrades," she murmured. Something to get used to.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

"You are half human at least, and was raised with them," he reminded her gently "you will somewhat fit in, unlike me. You were the first human I met, other then the war."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

"That is very true, but you'll learn as well what its like to be one of them," she told him. "I will help you to do so, you know that." She smiled. "Sadly I cannot say the same. Gem was the first elf I met that had the pure blood status, though Keya is pretty close to being one. She's got two royal lines in her. Her father was of royal blood, as was her mother."

Very few knew all that much about the late Queen Ava. This was because Lindan Marcos himself was against people knowing too much about his first lady. She sighed. "Lindan Marcos would not even talk to Keya about their family tree which is rather rude."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 am

"That I will," he murmured "and blood does not matter, we are all here for the same purpose, which is to protect our queen."

He sighed, looking to Sahar who shrugged her shoulders gently.
    "If you must," she said softly, leaving the room with a small smile.

"Thank you," he whispered, turning to Rhyllae "shall we go see your father? Are you up to it yet?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

"I think she'll find she'll be a little hard pressed to find time without you being here." She smiled though, knowing that things were changing and that it was a change that she welcomed. There was still so much of Nuban that she had not actually seen. She knew one thing though, if she was allowed to, she would head for one of the other towns.

Maybe Ciarbera. Or Quinahiroo. Both town's needed a better eye on, and she knew that. At the moment both were leaderless, and she knew that her father's family came from Ciarbera, he'd been the son of the lord there, but he'd been drafted into the army, and well, he had no wish to go back there. Nor did any of his sons, not she knew that someone would have to step up.

"Keya said she would have to talk to my father as it is, over something from his past. I think I'm up to it though."

"That's a good thing," said Keya's voice as she stopped, she'd been walking past the open doorway. "I need to sort out what happens with one of my towns, and I know your father might be of some help there." She smiled at them. "Only if you're up to it though Rhyllae."

"I'll be fine. I'm stronger than I look, My Queen." She smiled at her freind. She sat up, slipping out of the bed easily enough. It seemed that the bandages on her body were the only lingering remainder from being attacked the way she had been. Her strength was back.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:29 am

Kiiron nodded his head and greeted Keya softly as she entered the room.
    "We'll take it slow," he said, helping her from the bed with worry. He was excited to marry her, even if it meant more to him then her, and only hoped she would be okay. She had such a hard life, but he vowed to make it better from here on.
    She would be treated like a princess and be his.

"Let's go."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 am

Keya raised an eyebrow at what was going on in Kiiron's head, especially the last thought, though she said nothing of it. If that was what he wanted to do, well she would not stop him of course. She was not one to step in like that where she was not wanted.

Rhyllae grinned. "I'll be fine, stop fussing over me," she said, looking at Kiiron pointedly. "I'm not that stiff that I can't do anything for myself."

"That's true," Keya laughed. "You never were one to take the help of others when it comes to something like this."

They made their way out of the castle though, Rhyllae led the way this time, she knew where to go better than the other two. Keya was a common sight though at the farm house, and there was no need for titles normally.

When they got there, they could all see one of the other humans cursing at one of the ox pulling a plow, clearly he was having trouble with the creature. Ryan was the first to notice that she was back on the farm. "Rhy!" He came running over, having dropped the plow he'd been using.

"Hey Ryan. Having trouble with Bess are you?" Rhyllae smiled as her brother hugged her.

"You know what she's like, Rhy." He smiled, then noticing Keya, he bowed.

Keya smiled.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 am

Kiiron sighed but smiled wryly, following after her willingly down the streets of the human town. He no longer had interest in the surroundings, only in the beautiful walking angel before him.

Kiiron eyed the human man he had only seen once before, as his other half and was relieved to know that he was only Rhyllae's brother and nothing more.
    "Good evening," he greeted the man, offering a hand to shake as he had seen many humans do.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:52 am

Ryan smiled at his sister before turning to look at Kiiron. He shook his hand, but looked at Rhyllae in some confusion. Clearly he had no idea why there was an elf here.

"Ryan, this is Kiiron. He only stayed because there was something keeping him here, instead of with the rest of the elves," Rhyllae quickly said. "Keya and Kiiron both want to talk to our father. Oddly enough, Kiiron's seen you before though neither you nor I knew at the time."

Ryan blinked. "I'll see you inside. Mother and father are both there."

Rhyllae grinned at him. "Alright." She was happy to see her family again. Just as she stepped into the room though, a younger girl leapt at her. She laughed, and the girls both tumbled to the ground. Both were laughing though, clearly this happened a lot. "Off you get, Elena."

Standing once more after the ten year old got off of her, she looked around the room. Her father and Bianca must have been in the next room. "Father? Bianca? We have some visitors."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm