Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

5 posters

We leave! [ALL]

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

We leave! [ALL] - Page 3 Empty Re: We leave! [ALL]

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:54 am

“I know two things. One is that the Centaur were Gem's allies before they left. The second is that though the Minotaur were allies with my father, I have not had any love for them what so ever. I banished them from Nuduien's walls with no chance to return here. Eltaor told me days after my father fell that the Centaur would be my allies and I accepted. That means we will help them.”

She looked towards Edmund. “Gather the rest of the Yellowjackets, we ride. And this time, no Minotaur escapes with its life.” Velatha roared, and clearly she was ready for a fight. Then she looked to Rhyllae and Kiiron. “Are you up for this? Have you recovered enough?”

“Yes,” Rhyllae replied. Gently she took her bow back from Kiiron and retrieved her two arrows from the apples.

“Prepare yourselves then, and meet Velatha and I at the stables.” Keya smiled. Then she hurried off.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:11 pm

At their queens word, Edmund and the other yellow jackets rushed to saddle their horses.

Kiiron nodded, letting Rhyllae's bow from his grip and rested his hand on the pommel of his blue sword once more.
    "Let us ride," he muttered, looking at Keya for a short moment and blinked shortly.
    "I do not ride, my queen," he said "I can, but the horses dislike my other half, and therefore cannot be tamed. Do I have permission to fight as my other half? Or at least run there as it?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 pm

“Fight as you must, in whatever form is best for you, Kiiron. Just scare any of my other Yellowjackets, please.” Keya smiled. “I'll meet you at the stables.” With that she rushed off in another direction. She knew she had to get Velatha's saddle, and frankly what could be more scary for the horses than a dragon?

Rhyllae blanched at the thought. Snow leopard? Uh oh. She sighed. “Will you follow me as always or head straight there?” She was already on the move, it would take her some time to get that armour on, but she had no trouble with it herself.

Reaching her room, she started to pull on all the different pieces. Clearly she had done this a lot of times. It took her at least ten minutes though to get all of it on, some parts were a struggle from the injuries that were almost completely gone.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 pm

He nodded his thanks, before turning his attention to Rhyllae and nodding once more.
    "I will," he said, ignoring the comment of him always following her around "are you able to put your armour on yourself?"

Edmund swung into the horses saddle, sitting there with the ease of a natural born rider and rubbed the dark stained mare with a comforting word. The fae was excited, her hooves prancing slightly with the thought of an upcoming battle.

Slowly, the other yellow jackets appeared. Armed with weapons and armour, as well as their assigned steeds. All they needed was Kiiron, Rhyllae and Keya.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm

With a loud roar, the golden dragon landed in front of the stables, though far enough from the others that she would not frighten the horses with her initial appearance. When they seemed able to handle seeing her, she moved forwards.

“Just don't shift where I can see you,” Rhyllae muttered. She knew this was going to be difficult. She smiled though as she did up the last of her armour before reaching over and picking up her helm, resting that on her head. “Does this answer your question?” she asked. She smiled at him. 'Come on, lets get down there.”

She smiled and hurried off, not bothering to see if he followed, she knew he would. Her horse was already waiting, as soon as the Yellowjackets had come, one of the stable boys had prepared the mare. Lighting she mounted and the mare whinneyed.

The tall female Centaur nodded and then galloped off, in the direction fo her kin..

“Follow us,” Keya called to the others. “We'll lead you to them.” Velatha leapt into the sky.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:57 am

Edmund's mare snorted with surprise at the sight of the huge golden dragon, but calmed at a gentle word from her rider.

Kiiron chuckled slightly, giving her arm a gentle rub before kissing her hand lightly. As much as he wanted to kiss her cheek, or even lips, he didn't want to startle her.
    "Stay safe and you won't have to," he murmured, letting go of her hand and moving to the other side of the group. She didn't want to see him as a snow leopard, he would respect those wishes as hard as it was for him. Or at least he would as much as he could.

Flowing gracefully into his other appeared, he bowed his head slightly at Keya's command and loped after the group with a gentle pace.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:02 am

It was not long before Velatha roared and soared towards where five Centaur were fighting a huge black minotaur. Eltaor, spotted her and shouted something in the Centaur's tongue and all of them darted away as she opened her maw, expelling arid flames at the Minotaur. it crumpled as she landed, and Keya leapt down from her dragon.

"Good to see you again, Eltaor she called as the Centaur galloped past after another Minotaur. Velatha fought furiously, hitting a few into tree, causing the trees to fall.

Seeing the fighting ahead, Rhyllae drew and arrow to her bow and let it sail, felling one that had slipped up behind Keya. Arrows soared from the bow in quick sucession.

A horn rang out and fifty Tauren started to move towards them from the flanks.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:28 am

Edmund led the mare with his knees, galloping over the earth and leapt into the middle of the battle, sword swinging and leaving a trail of bodies and blood behind him.

At the sound of the horn, his head lifted and was momentarily distracted by the sight of fifty odd Tauren approaching. Instantly, all the yellowjackets shifted closer to their queen, worried for her safety and the severely over numbered opponent.
    "Any orders, my queen?" Edmund asked quietly, eyeing all the approaching beasts, and struck out at a Minotaur that was straying much to close.

Kiiron flickered his tail, pouncing from one to another and dispatched each with the ease and grace of an elf. He didn't loose himself in the middle of battle, unlike many of the other yellowjackets, and strayed to the back of the fighting. Keeping an eye on Rhyllae.

As it was, he was needed.

Launching himself into the air with a loud growl, he took down the Minotaur before pausing, peering up at Rhyllae with worry and panted roughly as blood ran down his white spotted side, due to a wound of long fighting and somewhat carelessness. He fought for everyone at once, merely forgetting to protect himself on occasions. The beasts knew that, knew that he was an elf, that he tried to protect all forms of life. Especially the fragile lives of humans, apart from the great war.

Sorry my love.... he whispered mentally, turning and disappearing into the battle once more. But he was never far from her, ready to save her again with the quickest of thoughts.

At the sound of the horn, he was at the front of the group in a blinks notice and paused, confused why they were defending against their own. The Tauren were on there side, or at least had been on the elven side before they had left.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 pm

She saw the great Tauren arriving and broke into a grin at the gret black furred leader. She knew him immediately. Looking to her men she smiled. "The newcomers are Tauren. Leave them alone, well help them of course, if the have straight horns. If they are curved, kill them. They are our allies, the Tauren. I will honor their alliance with Gem once more."

She moved towards the leader and grinned as he grinned down at her.

"Queen Keya," the deep baritonal voice said.

"Tamin. Thank you."

"You're welcome. We'll talk later little one," with that the huge Tauren bellowed and he and his bulls rushed away to help.

The Minotaur were bellowing in outrage, but soon they were all cut down.

Rhyllae blinked as Kiiron leapt past her. She was starting to get past the snow leopard fear now though. She nodded her thanks and then turned her horse towards the remainder of the Minotaur.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Kiiron bowed his head in the general direction of the Tauren leader, before pouncing off into the battle once more.

Edmund, reassured that the Tauren were indeed on there side, but he never strayed far from Keya's side.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Occassionally one of the brute had gotten her, but now, there was something else to deal with. The ones who had escaped. At least she only had a few minor scratches, which she healed with magic. It was enought o return ehr own skin to normal health at least.

Velatha snarled as the last fell. "There are a good number of them that escaped from us," she growled. "They headed for the mountains." Keya knew that was not a good thing. They were all going to die today.

"Do you think you can track them, Kiiron?" Keya asked, looking at the leopard. She knew he would either nod or shake his head. "They went in the direction behind Velatha."

The golden dragon growled. She knew that this was not going to be easy. She knew though that Kiiron would not have any trouble.

"We are going to scout ahead," she said, indicating herself and Velatha. She looked at Edmund and the others. "Follow Kiiron. We'll meet you there. Don't worry, Velatha and I are stronger together than you realise. If we need help, Velatha will let you know."

"Look for lightning in the sky, even though there will be no storm," Velatha said. She rose up onto her hindlegs, craining her head back, to let several large bursts of lightning streak from her mouth. "Lightning like that." She snorted, dropping back onto all four legs with a loud thud.

Rhyllae's horse reared, but with a word from his rider he calmed.

Keya smiled. "See you all soon." With that she darted across to her dragon and leapt up into the saddle swiftly. She might be the only fully trained rider here, but she knew that would not last much longer. Velatha drove her wings down, and they were in the air.

It did not take long for them to find the missing band of Minotaur, and Velatha dove, attacking angrily. Though the Minotaur were easily dealt with, there was no warning before anotehr dragon dropped onto Velatha, tearing one of her wings before lunging again. Keya only just managed to drop out of the way as the dragons fought, tearing at each other furiously. Malefore had returned.

“Signal, Velatha?” she shouted as her dragon roared in agony. The lightning shot fromt he dragon but it was over quickly, seeing as Malefore clamped his teeth into her neck, and velatha had to thrown him off to try and send another blast. Then Velatha crumpled as a huge green dragon flew overhead. And then, she was there. Hycis. She had her sword out though, and Keya noticed.

"No one else fights. Just me and you, brat," Hycis snarled. Malefore had vanished though.

"Fine."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Kiiron swiftly nodded his cat-like head and loped off in the direction of the scent, sending back messages with his thoughts.
    Of course my queen, they have a very clear trail. We shall return whence they are dispatched, he hummed softly before disappearing from view, the others trailing behind him.

They had only found a few small bands, easily killing them and moving onto the next. But as the signal of lighting entered the sky, all the humans and Kiiron froze, studying it.
    "Follow the trail," he ordered sharply, leaping from where he rested and disappeared into the trees, leaving the others to follow him.
    Keya he was worried for, there new queen was needed. The human lands no longer needed war and horror to rule them.

Edmund was just as worried for his queen, kicking his war trained mare into her fastest gallop and followed easily after Kiiron. The sure-footed mare had no trouble with the twisting and dangerous landscape.
    Keya, was the only thought on his mind.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Her sword raised, though she knew she was in for a challenge, even with ehr foresight and other things that were in her power. Hycis was pure elf, there was nothing human in her, and that would give her the advantage when it came to stamina.

The fight began, and Velatha simply lay there, unable to move, though she occassionally sent short flickers of lightning into the sky.

'Be careful,' Velatha sighed, struggling to keep an eye on them. A few times she managed to knock Hycis away from her rider with her tail, but it was never enough to force the elf to stay on the ground.

Then the geren riders blad struck out once more, knocking Keya across the forehead. With a gasp, Keya fell to the ground, defenceless. Hycis laughed, raising her sword one last time.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:03 pm

"No!" screamed Edmund, leapt from his horse and in-front of the lowering blade, falling over Keya's injured form and instantly felt the pain arch though his right shoulder. Blood dropped from his spine as he flinched from the pain, unable to move himself from Keya.

Kiiron entered the clearing a split second later, somehow the human had bet him and had saved Keya from a death blow. But he was injured, he noted the mingling scent of blood on the air.

Seeing Hycis, he instantly shifted into his elven form and muttered the words of the elven language, freezing her in time and removed her weapon from her hand, dropping it to the floor and quickly moved to the withering Edmund and wounded Keya.
    "Are you alright?" he asked Keya softly, muttering the healing words to seal Ed's back but growled softly as it didn't seal properly. He wasn't a true healer, but he knew enough small spells to get around.
    "You'll have to take it easy, my friend," he told the young guard "I cannot seal it all the way, and I am afraid it will scar."

"Is Keya okay?" he whispered, eyes closing from the blood loss, but he would be okay "did I save her?"

"Yes, Edmund, she is okay..." he said gently.

"Good..." he whispered, drifting off as the other yellowjacket guards appeared.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:11 pm

She felt something hit her, but she knew not what. It was not long though before her eyes opened. She knew she was injured, but it was not her that she was worried about, but for her dragon. The golden dragon was looking over at Edmund.

“I would completely heal you, but i cannot right now,” the golden dragon said. “I need to recover some of my strength before i can do anything.” She did not like this at all, that much was clear from her voice. She looked at Keya, who was carefully getting to her feet, after Rhyllae helped her up.

Keya grimaced, looking at the arm that had held her sword. Hycis had struck her hard there, when it seemed Edmund had fallen on top of her. Even thoguh it seemed he had taken most of the blow there was still a rather deep cut into her shoulder.

Ignoring the painful thing, she looked down at Hycis. "Look who's been caught again. Nice try, but next time try harder... that is.. if there is a next time after your sister has dealt with you... Hycis." She glared at her cousin. Bending down, she picked up the green sword, and handed it to one of the others. "Keep this away form her, will you?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:17 pm

The guard hurried to comply, taking the green weapon and placing it into one of the many saddlebags gracing the horses and stared wide-eyed at the elf.

Kiiron gestured to the faint Ed, getting several of the guards to ready a stretcher to drag him home behind a horse. Looking to the golden dragon at her soft words, he blinked in surprise.
    "You cannot even stand...can you?" he asked softly, approaching the huge goddess and rested a palm on her snout.
    "Borrow my strength," he whispered "you need it more then me."

Closing his eyes, he gathered as much strength as he could afford and sent it though there touch, waiting for her to accept the energy.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:23 pm

“First my father, then one of my cousins... who else is going to betray me in the family?” Keya muttered, glaring at her cousin. She knew it would shock a few of her men that Hycis was related to her, but then again, she had once been a common sight in the palace, before Keya herself had been found by Sir Edmund.
    “Someone bind her up.” She was tired, but she would see this through until they all got back to the castle. It was then she realised there was one issue. She had no horse, and there was no chance Velatha would be able to fly her back.

Velatha sighed, accepting the energy, though she did not like having to. Slowly she stood up, looking at the torn wing. “I will not be able to fly with this.” She would walk.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Kiiron felt himself instantly weaken, but not enough not to walk back as his leopard half.
    "Ride Edmund's horse," he suggested to Keya, listening to her words "he is in a stretcher, so she'll just be led back anyways."

He looked at Rhyllae, eyes flickering over her bodice for any signs of injury and was instantly glad that none where seen.
    "Are you okay?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 pm

“I'm fine,” Rhyllae replied. “Nothing hurt this time.” She smiled. “Well other than you frightening me like normal when you were fighting.” She actually laughed. “Though I do think that is the only time you do scare me in any way when you're a leopard. Are you alright?”

“What about you?” one of the Centaur asked. It was Eltaor who asked. “How are you going to get back?” His words were towards Kiiron. “I would have given Keya a lift.” He sighed. “But I suppose a horse would not allow you to ride them would they?” He smiled. “Perhaps I can give you a lift?”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 pm

"Good," he said softly and half smiled sadly "I am sorry to have frightened you Rhyllae...but it was that or see you get hurt."

He turned to look at the Centaur surprise, blinking before nodding his thanks.
    "I was planning on running back," he admitted but yawned slightly "but I think I am to weak now...to much magic and to much energy to Velatha, but they needed it more then me."

"I would be honoured," he said finally

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:19 pm

“it is because you helped them, that i offer to help you,” Eltaor replied. He smiled though, he was a kindly Centaur. Never did he leave someone stranded if they needed help and he was the only one around. He knew though that he was too tall for Kiiron to get up onto his back while he was standing. Smiling, he lowered himself down onto his knees. “Hop on,” he said. “If you wrap your arms around my torso, you'll be able to hold on easier. And to be honest, the few times I have allowed others to ride on me, they all agreed, elf or human that it made them feel a lot safer.” Not that he had allowed many humans at all.

Rhyllae smiled at Kiiron. “The more times i see you like that the less likely i am to get frightened.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Kiiron nodded, settling himself somewhat awkwardly on the centaur's spine and tried not to knock him with his heels.
    "Thank you again for your kindness," he said as they started to move, feeling the lack of energy sap from him.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 pm

“You're most welcome,” Eltaor chuckled. He started to move. “Don't worry if you kick me by accident, it happens when I let someone on my back. I never allow saddles though.” That was something that would insult a centaur gravely.

Rhyllae chuckled as her horse moved up beside them. “You do look odd,” she commented to Kiiron. She laughed though and her horse shot forwards, riding with the other gaurds closest to Keya. She was still on edge though.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 pm

"I would never insult you so," Kiiron said fervently, knowing it was an honour rarely given to any to ride alongside a Centaur.

He smiled over at Rhyllae, shaking his head slightly.
    "No odder then you look amore," he called across to her as she moved past and looked down at the still faint form of Edmund and sighed quietly.
    "He did such a great deed," he hummed quietly "and...it seems it meant something more to him."
    He frowned, having already guessed that Edmund was dedicated to his queen. But...obviously, it might be something more. And that worried Kiiron. But he turned his thoughts away from that topic, not wanting Keya to catch drift of his thoughts.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Rhyllae smiled, as she rode beside Keya. She knew that when Kiiron and herself moved over to Ciarbera, she would not be able to spend as much time with her freind. Except for those times when there were meetings between the different town lords. She would be married then, so who knew how much things would change..
    “I do not think that much swill change in our freindship, Rhyllae,” Keya said, looking at her. “There is too much that we've been through together.”
    “I know but you cannot deny that I will have alot more on my hands then than I do now, when Ciarbera truly is mine.”
    “No matter what happens, I will never desert you, Rhyllae.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am