Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

5 posters

We leave! [ALL]

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

We leave! [ALL] Empty We leave! [ALL]

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 am

Well, it was finally that day for all of them. The day when her people left Nuban, for the long time that was planned. Keya knew that she would be leaving today, and she knew that her cousin was not pleased about the idea. There were few staying behind, she knew Kiiron was the only elf who was remaining on at the moment. Oh and Sahar and Drannor's missing child, though there had been no sign of him at all.

“You have to come and visit!” Keya told Gem.

“I know, and I will, but so do you, once we've established ourselves in our old world,” Gem replied, smiling at her. She hugged her cousin. There was so much being left behind now, and this was not an easy thing for her to do, but she knew she had to. “Call for us if you need help, alright? We will come, I meant what I say yesterday.”

“I know.” Keya sighed, stepping back away from the boats that were waiting to take all the elves away. This was something that was hard for her. She stepped back to the safety of where Kiiron and Rhyllae stood, as well as Velatha.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

We leave! [ALL] Empty Re: We leave! [ALL]

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:05 am

Glenawing

He looked at Keya, he was wondering when he would see her next. He sighed and looked at her, sad, annoyed, and a bit angry that his people had to leave the lands he had grown up on and fought for. He kissed her, "I'll see you soon my love and if you need anything I will be here for you in an Instant." he kissed her again and smiled holding her hand, not wanting to let go.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:26 am

“I will only call in dire need of help. Most of the things that happen here now I need to deal with on my own two feet. Gem knows that I will call for help one day, and she will do what is needed to give me the help I require.”

Her cousin grinned over at her. There was so much to do. “You know I will, Glen,” Gem added. She smiled at him. “Again I apologise for doing this to you both.” There were some things that had to happen though. Gem spotted Ashlere moving up onto one of the boats, her own boat. Her family was staying together on the same boat. "It'll take us about three weeks to sail to where our old land is. I'll let you know, Keya, when we get there."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:17 am

Auraka stood proudly beside his queen, arm wrapped strongly around he waist as they said their goodbyes.

Sahar stood with her twins, tears in her eyes at the thought of leaving her new son behind. They hadn't found him, and despite Keya's promise to keep looking she was starting to loose hope. She honestly didn't want to leave, but would follow Drannor to the ends of the earth.

Edmund watched with mixed emotions, worried for his queen who seemed to be loosing everyone she counted as a friend or as family.

Kiiron stood beside his to-be wife. Dressed in his yellowjacket armor, he watched as all of his kind prepared to leave. He was staying behind, unable to leave his beloved Rhyllae.
    His gaze dropped to a smiling Auraka and tear-filled Sahar. His siblings, despite having only just met Sahar he still loved her like the sister he once had. He wished they would stay, yet understood why they could not.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 am

She knew that her people were the ones who needed her at the moment, but saying goodbye to the little that remained of her family was not easy. "I wish you luck, Gem." Keya sighed, knowing there was nothing more she could do to convince them to stay. They were leaving as Gem had said they would yesterday.

"Hey, at least you still have us," Rhyllae told her, smiling at her queen. She knew she would never leave Nuban, it was where she belonged. Keya smiled at her, glad of that.

"I am glad that you are staying, Rhyllae, but then again, you're not like the others, so you had to," Keya replied.

"Even if I was a pure elf I would have stayed, for you."

Keya looked across at Sahar. "I will not stop looking for him, Sahar, and I will send word if we do find him, you know that."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 am

Sahar bobbed her head, wiping the tears that had escaped her green orbs.
    "Thank you," she whispered, moving to hug the woman tightly "thank you so much..."
    She pulled away, crying heavily once more. It seemed all she does was cry these days, not even her go-happy twins could help her now.

Kiiron nodded with Rhyllae's words.
    "Ah, and you have me," he chuckled gruffly, vocals seeming loud over the voices of those saying their goodbyes "I don't plan on leaving anytime soon...maybe for a visit when they settle, but my place is here. With you."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 am

"You'll always be a welcome visitor, Kiiron," Gem said, looking over at him briefly. Then Drannor was there on the wooden dock, wrapping his arms around Sahar. "Of course I'll be watching Manora, if I get any hint of trouble, I'll be sure to let you or Keya know, if she doesn't already know. Not that she'll have much free time once we land once more. I'll be dealing with her then."

Clearly Gem was not impressed with Manora's antics, and that she would soon find that out for herself. "I do not take lightly to having people turn out like her what so ever."

"Thank you, Keya," Drannor replied.

Gaelira, Neldor and Velatha were talking as well. For Velatha was being left behind by her siblings.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 am

Kiiron nodded his thanks, glad that she had not taken offence to his rash thoughts and pledging himself to Keya before she was even queen.
    |Thank you, my queen," he murmured before shifting back to his place beside Rhyllae as a guard.

Cyara hummed softly beside her Neldor, listening without talking on their conversation. Beside her, Rasjar did the same and knew that Gaelira and Neldor were both sad to leave friends and siblings behind.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:19 am

"You don't know how much we're going to miss having you around, Velatha." Neldor sighed.

"Just keep our daughter safe," Gaelira sighed. "We're leaving her with you, Gem and I. That way there will be a Sun Dragon here now that I am not." She smiled looking at her sister. Then she sighed. "I think its time to go, Gem and Keya have finished their goodbyes."

Velatha looked over at Rasjar. "Keep her safe!" The same this she said to Cyara regarding Neldor. She would not be pleased if something happened to either of her siblings. "And I will make sure our new Sun Dragon gets all the attention she needs." For this would be the closest thing she had to a daughter, having not found a mate.

Gem sighed, giving her cousin one more hug before she turned and headed up onot one of the ships, stopping beside Ashlere. Keya stood watching, as the ships slowly started to move away from the docks.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:35 am

Rasjar bowed his royal purple head in agreement.
    "Yes, keep our children safe," he murmured, seeing the flickering movements of his two already hatched sons, Lai and Onyx. They had good riders and he was proud of their choices.

"Of course," Cyara said with a warm smile, nuzzling Neldor's side as Rasjar agreed once more "we will watch our mates, and keep in touch."

Kiiron said goodbye to his brother and sister, waving them from the docks and sighed as they disappeared slowly. The soaring forms of Rasjar, Cyara, Gaelira and Neldor alongside other coloured in the sky. He sighed, feeling more alone then before. He was one of the only pure kin of his kind staying behind. He would be the oddity around now.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 am

Rhyllae sighed as she stood on the docks, the elven part of her family was one the last groups to head up onto the ships. She moved with the for a moment, hugging each member of her family sadly. Manora walked past her without a glance, and Rhyllae did not react to that.

First was Talila and her twin brother Jakaen, and her other half siblings, Lewis, Louise and Jenny. All of them were sad to sad goodbye to each other. She also gave her step fathers, Maethon and someone else a hug.

"I'll miss you guys," she said, looking at them.

"So will we, Rhyllae," Maethon adde, before hearding his children onto one of the boats.

The dragons took to the sky, and she sighed, turning back to Kiiron. This had been one hard day for her. "So ends half my family." She was shaking, it was hard not to cry at the moment.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 am

Kiiron instantly sensed the sadness around Rhyllae and shuffled closer to her, tugging her body into a comforting hug and kissed the top of her head.
    "Cry if you need to love, but you are not alone...." he whispered, rubbing her back in comfort "you will never be alone."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am

“I know I'm not alone. I still have my father, and the few siblings on that side of my family.” She sighed. It was something she was not going to get used to easily. She ahd always been there for her family, but now she could not be, for half of it at least. “I just hope Manora does not try and corrupt any of the others.”
    She saw her father coming over to her now though, and he was not sure what to make of any of what had been happening, that much she could tell. Her five half siblings from him were with him, two girls and three boys, as well as the others who remained of her family. All of them human. There were also the twin half silbings, Roanella Fang and Maeron Fang, and their father Henry Fang.
    Henry also had other children, from his deceased wife, Lisa. There was his eldest son, Roran, and his wife Masie, with their children Giana and Mia. There were also his oldest daughter Rose and her husband Marcus Short, though they had no children they were expecting. Last but not least in this family there was ten year old Ronal and three year old Robyn.
    Also coming to them was one George Mason, and her half sister, Roan. As well as George's true daughter from his dead wife, Giana, the daughter being Liana.
    Rhyllae still stood out amongst all of them, her skin was still the darkest.

Keya sighed, looking on for a moment, before turning and heading back to the castle, a few of the other Yellowjackets training her, including Sir Edmund. Her family was all gone now, and there was nothing she could do about it anymore. She had no one.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:39 am

Kiiron blinked readily, taking in the approaching family members. She did have a big family, not just siblings wise either. His family had only consisted of his mother, his father and his sister. And at their death, Auraka and his parents and well Sahar, but she wasn't their his whole life.

Gripping her hand gently, he waited for the tidal wave of names that would come.

Sir Edmund attacked the guard before him with his training sword, within seconds the other man was on the floor and Ed stood regally over him, before lowering the weapon to his side and helping him up with a good natured grin.
    Wiping the sweat from his brow, he looked around the court yard and spotted his queen. She looked so sad, so alone that he felt himself leap at an chance to comfort her.
    He wasn't vain enough to think he loved her, or would ever love her, but he knew that he could be a friend to lean on when she needed it.
    But, she might just want to be a lone.

He jogged over to her with a friendly smile, bowing his head before speaking.
    "Are you okay...Queen Keya?" he asked softly.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 am

She smiled as she watched the others practising in one of the fields. Clearly, they knew what they were doing and she was pleased of that. I really should get some practise done, but who would I choose? I know none of them would dare to refuse me, she thought. This was not the easiest of things for her to deal with either.
    She looked over at Edmund as he came across to her. “I'll be fine, in time. I'm just the last of my family tree left here in Nuban, other than Velatha. I just have to get used to not having any of them here.” This was something that would take time, but she would get past it.

Rhyllae sighed, knowing that having all of these guys with her was not the same. “It's not the same as having my whole family together in the one city.” She knew though that she was better off than Keya at the moment.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 am

"You have more then most," he told her gently, nodding in greeting to each.

Edmund nodded in understanding. Not that he had been close with any of the elves, but he knew how it felt to loose family all the same.
    He studied her in silence for a moment before gesturing to the training field.
    "Do you wish to spar, my queen?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:14 am

“I would love to,” she replied. “There are a pair of new Yellowjackets back at the docks at the moment, they should be coming here shortly. One of them jsut ahd to say goodbye to her family as well.” She knew that the Yellowjackets were all meant to be practising right now.
    She smiled though. “I won't go easy on you, you know my father trained me, don't you?” Everyone had known that her father had been very tough to beat in a fight. Only two ever had, herself and Gem. Everyone knew how the other fight had ended, he had died, stabbed through the heart.

Rhyllae blinked. “I think we forgot. We're meant to be training with the other Yellowjackets for the first time today.” She blushed. “We better get up there, though I need to stop on the way and get my bow.” Onyx chuckled in his peculiar little way.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:38 am

Kiiron smiled slightly.
    "Didn't forget," he said tapping his brow "merely forgot."
    He chuckled at his father's old saying and grasped her hand gently.
    "Say goodbye and we will head up, I'm sure Keya wont mind if we are a little late."

Edmund nodded his head, a sparkle in his intelligent green eyes.
    "I know," he said, raising his training sword into position and bowed slightly to her "and I do not expect to win. This is training, not a war...and your skill suppresses my own."

He knew it was true, but that didn't mean he wouldn't fight as hard or harder then he normally did. The need to impress and protect his queen overwhelmed him and waited for her to make the first move.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:51 am

“She likely knows where we are at the moment, she knew i had people to say goodbye to.” She smiled though.

Her father laughed. “Get going you two. We can talk later.”

Rhyllae chuckled. Then she turned and headed back up towards the huge castle, though she made one stop on the way, and that was to duck into her father's house and retrieve the bow that she was so used to using. She smiled, running one hand over the strength and testing it quickly. It worked, and she smiled, heading back outside to Kiiron.

She looked down at the gold hued wood, at the beaklike middle of the bow. It had been her father's but he had given it to her, when she had chosen to be a warrior, something the others had not chosen. It was rather ornate for a simple farmer, but he had been a soldier once, and a Yellowjacket. As she left the house, she slung the red quiver onto her back.

“Let's get over there.” She was looking forwards to showing those humans just who she was. She knew that once her name had struck fear into them, and it might do so again. She was known to be one archer who never missed her target. It was her gift.

As they got there, they saw Keya leap at one of the other Yellowjackets, it seemed the fight between them had just begun.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:06 pm

"It wouldn't surprise me," he said simply and nodded to her father, turning and heading back to the castle at a quick walk. They could be late, but not to late.

Waiting for her patiently outside her father's home, he eyed the bow she returned with. It was truly a masterpiece, ease gentle slope in the weapon drawn to perfection and he had no doubt that it would send a arrow a long way, with enough weight.

Ed ducked with ease, fighting back with his own overhead counter attack. She was quick, he had to give her that. He had to admire her speed and grace as she moved though the air, as if she was merely walking along. And the way she moved, he could tell he would have some bruises later tonight.
    Twisting from the uppercut blow, he lowered the sword quickly to aim for her gut and followed with a quick shot for the head once more.
    Not to harm her, for he would never do that, but to try and set her off balance. With an opponent such as her, he would have to plan his attacks and hope for a surprise element. His mind ticked quickly though plays and sets he had learned over the years, intelligence shining though. He knew she could read his mind, but he didn't really care. She had the advantage, and she always would. He was glad she had it, glad that she would be able to easily tell friends from foes. It was a much needed skill being a queen.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 pm

She smiled as she watched as the two ducked,dodged, blocked and attacked each other with their swords. it was clear that Keya was still very much the warrior she had been taught to be ever since being brought home from Aduran. Rhyllae knew though that in comparison, she was nothing. This was something she was not used to seeing, she had not had the chance to see Keya fight in battle before.

Keya laughed, as her sword whacked the knight on the shoulder easily slipping past his guard. She knew that Rhyllae and Kiiron were there now, but she did not allow this to distract her. Though it was futile to try and land a blow on her, there were a few she allowed to hit her, though she knew that her sword made contact with the knight twice as often as his hit her. Eventually though she managed to disarm him. "Dead."

Rhyllae, watching from the sidelines knew that at the moment, she could only dream of being as graceful with a sword. She couldn't fight to defend herself for five minutes. No, archery was where she shined.

Keya turned to look at the two others. "Well, its about time you two got back up here." She smiled though, she had known they were going to be late and she was not truly bothered by that. "Who's going to be first?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Edmund allowed the sword to drop from his head and instantly bowed his head to his queen.
    "You are so very fast," he murmured, eyes peering up at her and rubbed the sweat that had formed on his brow.
    "So very fast my queen, never have I versed one such as you," he smiled slightly up at her "I shall work harder until I am as good as you," he vowed.

Kiiron watched Keya and the knight spare with amusement, they were both fast but compared to many full elf spars, it was slow. But he guessed that things would be somewhat...slower, with his kind gone from these lands.
    At the human's words, he blinked in surprise. Such dedication shone from the man, as if he would do anything for his queen. It was a good thing to see, a great honour.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:13 pm

She smiled at the words. He did not know how true they sounded at times, when it came from a human's point of view. They were true though, she was faster than the humans, but she knew that against a normal elf, like Kiiron, she would be slow. "I'm no where near as fast as a pure blooded elf, though generally faster than human." She was amused from those words.

Then Rhyllae stepped forwards. "I will," she replied. She was smiling, she knew that she was more than ready for such a battle. Though she had no skill with a sword, she knew that her archery skills were almost unmatched.

"Archery, right?" Keya asked.

"Yep." Rhyllae shifted her bow back down from the quiver, smiling.

Keya stared at the bow. "I know that bow."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Edmund nodded his head once more, having never really versed an elf before. Of course, a few in the war, but he had never really been involved. He would rather hang back then fight someone for a little gain.
    "You are still the fastest in my eyes," he whispered, turning on his heel to go and stand with the other guards.

Kiiron watched his mate, wondering just how good she was. Of course, he had heard stories, and the mere way she held the weapon spoke a million words. But, he still wanted to know. He knew she had no idea how to use a blade, so this bow and arrow had his attention.
    At Keya's words, he lifted an eyebrow and wondered what she meant.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm

“This was my father's.” She knew a few of the others would recognise her chosen weapon. “He used to be one of the Yellowjackets, but he retired just after I was born. When I told him I was going to fight, he gave this to me.” Rhyllae smiled. “There has been a lot of death brought since it came to me.” She laughed though. “Not that I intend to use it for that anymore, unless there is great need for us to fight once more.”

“Well then, what target shall we use?" keya smiled, looking around the courtyard. There were a few apples, fifty meters up the wall. But there was another that was at least two hundred meters up. She grinned. "What about the red apple all the way up there?"

Rhyllae looked. "Sounds good to me."

Keya looked back to see where Edmund had gone. "Edmund? Could you go and stand under the apple tree over there? Near the wall? I'd like you to tell us who exactly makes that apple fall."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:31 pm