Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

5 posters

We Leave For Distant Shores

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

We Leave For Distant Shores Empty We Leave For Distant Shores

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:40 am

I knew that what we were going to do had its worries for us all. There was nothing that we feared more than change. Yet why should it be so? We were the elves and we had come here from somewhere. Eventually this had become our home but it would not be any more.

I sighed as I waited for all the other council members to appear. This was the last meeting we would have in Nuban. Keya sat on her fathers throne now, with my blessings of course. Nuban would be hers at the end of the week.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

We Leave For Distant Shores Empty Re: We Leave For Distant Shores

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:47 am

Glenawing

He looked around, it was sinking in that this was maybe one of the last few times he would see his home. He walked to the great halls in which his people had resided in for close to a milenia, a seat in the council which his family held for over a thousand years. He took a deep breath and walked in looking to Gem standing he nodded his head and smiled, "First one here as usual."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:56 am

"You'll never beat me here though, that is something you ought to get used to." She smiled though looking over at her cousin now. "Thank you for finding me, Keya. I really do appreiciate it."

"Don't mention it." Keya smiled.

For someone had taken Gem from her tent after the battle with Lindan Marcos, and imprisoned her in Waenen Island. That someone had been Gem's sister, Hycis. Hycis now was to be punished but not yet. That would be dealt with, in time, she knew.

Drannor came in then and even he was smiling though he had never replaced Sahar and his children yet. "Well I guess this is it. Good to see you again, Gem, Keya, Glen." He'd come all the way from Taror for this.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:00 am

Glenawing

"I've been used to it Gem." he smiled at sat down at his seat on the right hand side of Gem, he nodded to Drannor and Keya, "I Fear this is the last time we will be sitting in these halls of our ancestors." he held the armrests of his seat and looked to Gem and smiled knowing that the new land would lead to a new start for them. "Let us begin?"
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:02 am

Ashlere also entered, she knew what was coming at least. "It's going to be difficult to leave Nuban, all of us have family who remain behind." She knew that Drannor, herself and Gem did at least from the battle for Nuban.

"Be as that may, Ashlere, I made a promise to Keya and I am not about the pull out of it," Gem replied. She knew what she was leaving behind, her parents, plus two uncles and two aunts. Not to mention Keya. Her cousin. She looked at Keya. "At least you know we will come back if there is need for help here, but only in dire need."

"I know. I'll send Velatha if I need help."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 am

Glenawing nodded.

(I have no muse what so ever for this thread.)
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:40 am

I sighed, knowing this would have to be delt with eventually. "Though all the half elves remain here, when they find a human worthy of their title they will be brought across as well. This land will only have us elves in it, and all the nobles will be given cites to govern over, but they must answer to their weyrs demands."

I paused. "I unearthed a map earlier today that tells up of our new home, there are 5 islands, each with a place suitable for its weyr."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

He nodded, "Why did our people leave originally?" their must be a good reason.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 am

I thought about that and sighed,
    "I've been looking through all the scrolls on our history, Glenawing. I have found that the thing that forced us out came here as well. The Minotaur are the trouble makers. If we use the dragon's abilities to blink there, instead of ships, then there is not a chance they can take chase of us again. By the time they find us, we will be settled and thriving there."

I paused.

"Their numbers have weakened considerably since they came across the ocean after us. We have killed more than they expected to lose."

Keya chuckled. "They would not dare to attack you, knowing that they hold an alliance with me, though I have told them I want nothing more to do with them. tell me if they do come after you, and they will find that i will give chase."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:58 am

Gleanwing

He nodded, "I'm sure they wouldn't wish to face me either."
    ala
    ala
    Human

Post  ala Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Silver Mythic

I was always late for these things and i gussed i could not help it. I lept of Bronze Angels back and ran to were the door was, then slowed to walk as i went in. I looked at Gem and Gleanwing and then did a slight bow to them "greetings Gem and Gleanwing, what have i missed out on so far" i asked them than smiled when Angel chukled in my head.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 pm

The door slammed open with a bang and the brown haired elf entered with a graceful stride, eyes only for Gem until the words muttered only moments before reached his ears. Then, he turned to Glenawing.
    "You know," he said calmly "one wouldn't be such a coward, saying words to a face rather then after one is thought dead."

He sat heavily in his seat and broke into a half-smirk before turning to Gem.
    "Did I miss much love? Sorry about that," he said, propping his feet up on the desk in a relaxed fashion.

eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:11 am

Glenawing

His eyes narrowed and anger rose as a fire when fed oil, his hand moved to his sword's hilt, "I have said what I have spoke after your death to your face," he paused as Auraka put his feet on the table, "Put your feet on the floor before they are separated from you." he pulled his sword out an inch from it's sheath ready to strike. His eyes flashed to Gem and back to Auraka, he cracked his knuckle on the table still en raged by Auraka.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 am

She was stunned for a moment when Auraka came in. He was alive was he? Well that was certainly news and her face showed it. She hadn't known there was any chance of him getting out, and Glen knew she had not known this was possible at all. Though at Glen's words she glared at him.

"Put it away or you'll find it on the ground before its even out of its sheath, Glenawing. Calm down!" she commanded. "This rivalry must stop once and for all. Auraka never did anything to you, if anyone did it was me, I chose Auraka as my mate, he did not force me into that decision."

She knew that it was time Glenawing knew about that. "Now can we please get back to what were were discussing?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

He lowered his feet slowly and glared at Glen, scoffing under his breath before nodding to Gem with a more relaxed smile.
    "Of course Gem, please...what have I missed in these passed months?" he said, pointedly ignoring Glenawing and his temper.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 am

She shook her head warningly at Glenawing. There was no chance that Auraka was going to get hurt from him. Not without him having to go through her. Though she knew who all of them were, they were in for a surprise sometime soon.

"Hang on a moment." Drannor spoke, staring at her. "You're not who we all think you are, are you!"

"What on earth are you talking about? Of course I'm Gem!" she replied.

"No. Your not. You might act the same, look the same but your mind gave you away!"
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 am

Glenawing

He snarled and sheathed his blade and moved to Auraka,"Your lucky your mate is hear to protect you from me." he sat down and looked at Drannor, "How could this be?"
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

"Let me explain why I just said that. You look and sound like Gem. You act like her. But there is one thing you did not factor in to your little scheme, which we'll find out in the long run. Your mind. Didn't take me long to figure you out. We all knew Lindan Marcos raised you, Princess Hycis Hawksong. Your mind just triggered me into realising you are not Gem, you thought about him, instead of what was going on here."

Drannor smiled as he looked at her. "You even had me fooled yesterday, but no longer."

She laughed. "As if I'm anyone but her. have you lost your damn mind?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:11 pm

"I don't need Gem's protection," he said stiffly "if you remember, my title includes 'Queens Best Guard."
    He smirked, seeming oddly out of character with his spiteful nature towards Glenawing "but thanks for the concern."

His eyes flickered up to Gem at Drannor's words, worry instantly filling him and his worded battle against Glenawing completely forgotten.
    "What?" he said in desperation as he searched his mate's face, trying to find some difference that would tell them apart. Even their scent was the same, no noticeable differences. He had to trust Drannor's mind reading skills for this one.
    "Are you sure Drannor?" he whispered "how can we be sure...and if this is Hycis, where is Gem?"
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Something hard hit one the doors, and they swung open not even scratched, revealing one long golden tail shifting away from them. Then Velatha's big golden eye was looking in at them. "Oops. That was an accident."

"But I am no mirage," Gem said, striding into her own hall. She glared at the other elf who looked just like her. "I believe you can give me back my title, traitor." Clearly she had no time for a traitor, even if it was her own sister.

"Who are you going to believe, me or her?" Hycis challenged.

Drannor sighed looking between the two of them. not a single hair was different. both had blue eyes, both had golden hair. Then he blinked. "Very clever of you, Hycis. Changing your eye color to copy Gem's so we wouldn't see who you really were."

“If you really wanted me out of they way, you should have killed me. Not locked me up and then forced every memory of Anthatal out of me just so you could fool everyone into thinking you were me.”

“I even fooled Auraka,” Hycis replied smugly. “He wasn't hard to fool, simpleton.” Before Hycis could even dodge, one of Gem's hands struck out, slapping her across the face. “How dare you!”

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:53 pm

"I got back only yesterday," he muttered under his breath, hand running though his brown tresses and allowed his dark coloured eyes, green the day before, to flicker between Gem and her impostor.

He was confused, staring at one and then the other. Her scent, Gem's scent, flooded the room and overpowered his nose. His mind turned into a haze and he had no idea which was which. Not at least without moving closer.

And then one slapped the other. Auraka broke into a delighted grin, now able to easily tell which was Gem and which was her sister.
    "Gem," he nodded to the one that just entered the room "impostor."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:10 pm

“Once I wished you were never taken by Lindan Marcos from our crib when we were one week old. Now though it seems he got his claws too deep in you for there to be any change,” Gem muttered, rubbing her hand from where she'd hit Hycis. It throbbed. And it did not help that she was still injured from the fight with Lindan Marcos. “You gloat too much, Hycis.”

“You still have not proved who you say i am,” Hycis taunted her.

Gem laughed. “This next thing will.” All her council memebrs knew that a Rider's sword could only be drawn from its sheath by the one who it was made for. Or their chosen sucessor who rode the same colour dragon. She spotted her sword hanging on its hook in the wall quickly. “If you beleive you are me, then you'll draw Corellon from its sheath.”
    ala
    ala
    Human

Post  ala Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Silver Mythic

I frowned then moved into a corner, I watched on if this was really not Gem as Drannor said then i wondered were she really was. I looked around maybe i would just go to Angel, I looked around again when the door banged open and another Gem like person walked in, now i was truly confused but i did sway with the Gem that had just walked in. I stayed were i was waiting to see what would happen now that this imposter was to try and pull Gems sword from its sheath.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:13 am

Glenawing

Glenawing he raised his eyebrow and said, "This just got Interesting." he folded his hands together grinning, he leaned back in his chair. he smiled as the one that had walked in slaped the one next to him, "That's Gem indeffinately," his hand moved to his pommel and then his grip ready to draw at a moment, he rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck and grinned.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:16 am

“I guess you could say that sword knows who wants to use it.” Gem chuckled. Then she looked at Glen and the others, “I'm not finished with her yet. Don't need any help right now. She does not have a clue what trouble she's put herself in this time.” And as her sister was about to find out, payback was a serious pain in the ass. Would Hycis take the bait I had laid with my sword? Would she try and draw it only to have it not come out for her?

Hycis chuckled, thinking Gem was clearly mad, seeing as she certainly believed she was Gem, and that the other was the imposter. Drannor walked over with the white blade in his hands, anyone could carry them while they were in their sheath. He offered the hand grip of the sword to us both. Hycis reached out, wrapping one hand around the hand length blade and tugged.

Corellon stayed where it was, not moving a single inch.

“My turn,” Gem replied. Hycis certainly got out of the way, she knew things might get a little difficult for her to deal with right now. Gem stepped towards the sword, she could feel the life in the scales that made up the handgrip. Her hand wrapped around the handgrip and she shifted her shoulder muscles the tiniest bit. Out came the sword quickly, as if there was nothing holding it in there.

Hycis glared at her, though she got an equally angry glare back. “So what? It proves nothing!”

“Oh but it did. It told everyone else that you're not who you've been saying you are, Hycis Hawksong!” She did not add the Princess title, right now Hycis did not deserve that. “And I'm not finished dealing with you either.” Though Gem was still hurt from the fight with Lindan Marcos, she knew what she had to do, to deal with this once and for all. “I suggest you find your own sword, as I intend to fight you myself.”

“You think me a fool, sister? I know there are few handier with a blade than you.” Hycis scoffed. “I'm not a fool with that one.”

“Think you so? Even with a wounded shoulder in my sword arm?” Gem turned so that the bandage beneath her white shirt was obvious. “Look, even now, blood is soaking through the padding. I am a wounded woman, Hycis, and yet you are too cowardly to fight me?”

“I shan’t fight you, wounded or no.”

Gem laughed, though it was not without mirth. “Coward then, are you?”

Hycis glared at her. Clearly she didn't much care for all the insults she was getting at the moment. Something was clearly starting to stir her up.

“I know one thing you would fight me for, having put so much effort into it.”

“Oh yeah? Like what?”

“Who have you been posing as for the last two months?” Gem asked.

“What say you, sister?” Recognition seemed to shine in her sister's eyes this time. Then the smiled. “You challenge me for the throne of Anthatal? You know this won't be a fair fight for you, you know.”

“Aye.”

OOC: 549 words in that one... wow

Last edited by Erosaf on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : OOC: 549 words!)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 am