Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Long Road Home.... - Erosaf -

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Long Road Home.... - Erosaf -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Long Road Home.... - Erosaf -

Post  Kanchana Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Auraka Lamya.

His eyes narrowed, growing darker as he approached and felt his fingers curl into claws. To say he was anger was an understatement. To say he was beyond pissed might be slightly closer.

"You. Hurt. My. Sister!" he growled, forcing himself to stay where he stood "Explain!"

He had always respected Drannor, always had a close understanding with and trusted him dearly. Of course he had, he had allowed his sister to marry him hadn't he? He had enough respect for the man to hold his ground and wait for reasons before throwing himself at him. And if the wounded look in this eye was anything to go by, he already felt bad for it. But a promise was a promise, and Auraka and made his swear never to hurt Sahar.

Sahar's eyes widened and she gasped at the sound of Auraka's voice and watched Drannor disappear down the stairs with shock before running down the stairs after them.

"Drannor!" she cried "no....please...Drannor!"

Her small feet hurried with thumping sounds, but she was still somewhat slow and dizzy from the blood loss. But finally she made it, standing in the doorway in a daze and allowed her eyes to flicker back and forth between her brother and mate.

"Stop it!" she screamed "stop it you two!"

The screams brought Auraka to turn his head and look upon his younger sibling, but what he saw was not what he had been expecting.
    The scars, the ugly scars upon his beautiful sister.
    "You pig!" he growled, lowering himself into an attacking position.

Sahar felt a wave of calm overpower her, as if all the emotion she had held moments before suddenly disappeared.
    And then the pain began and the loud snap of bones quickly followed.

OOC: Either they fight, or stop to help Sahar xD I don't mind either way. Maybe Maith, Kasinda and Gem help Sahar while the two fight, not noticing....up to you really.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 pm

"To explain what happened, I guess you need to hear a bit of my past, from back in taror." He looked at Gem. "Don't worry, I'm letting you hear this as well, seeing as you're caught up in the middle as well, even though you're not from our home. Sahar, Maith and Auraka are though so they don't need permission to hear this, though the do need my permission to tell an ... outsider..."

he paused, wanting to get the whole story out before Sahar came downstairs. He could hear her coming. “You remember how I was banished from Taror? I was only seven years older than Taeron is now. I just turned fifty yesterday, so its been a part of me a while, you could say. Back in those days a bow and arrows was a common sight on me. I loved using them, and sometimes I fought using them. That was before my first hunt. I turned seventeen the day before. I had to travel a fair distance into the woods away from Taror to find anything worth hunting. I did not know that someone else was out on their first hunt as well. One of my best friends, Taeron Findarel. I was... over confident back then. I set the few snares and things I would need for traps. I thought I knew it all back in those days. Later I checked the traps and a buck was caught in one of them. I sent one arrow at it, knowing that my aim was true and it would be dead. Somehow it hit something else. I let the buck go of course, my attention was on whoever had cried out. It seemed my arrow had hit someone else.”

As he had when telling Sahar, he shook. “When I found them, it was my best friend... Taeron. “Most people would run away if they did the thing I did then by accident. I went home, to talk to my father before some other elf reported the death. I knew to tell the truth, he would hear from Taeron's parents soon enough what happened, and I wanted him to know what happened from my own point of view first. I told him, but as my story reached the end, he got very angry. he was drunk when I told him. His sword was nearby, it was a wicked weapon, and when it strikes someone it does a lot of damage. Normally if your get hit by it, you die. I'm lucky to be alive. A few times I managed to dodge, his aim was off because of the drinking. Then he managed to hit me, and well, that was agony beyond anything anyone's felt before. It rebounded, causing the scar from my left shoulder to my right hip the second time. My mother, Soora came rushing home, she healed me, with magic. I think its because she died when we besieged Quinhiroo that the magic she used is wearing off. This is the first time its reopened. Every year, the day after my birthday... did you remember I left for the day annually? I did not want you knowing what had happened. Only one other person knows this story, and they are gone now as well. Ashlere's mother. Every year, this seems to hurt me, and it handicaps me for the whole day. Before I met you, while it was still raw, on those days, I used to want to die. You don't know the agony its causing me, and I'm glad you don't. I just hope Taeron does not get as over confident as I am.”

he sighed. It was a memory he hated very much. “I never wanted anyone to know about the scar. Only one person knew, and she's dead. Sahar healed me again, but after she did, I fainted. She tried to wake me, and for the first time I've lost control. As soon as I woke up... I changed into a wolf and she was too close.” he bowed his head. “You'll see why she was too close in a moment.”

He sighed, as he heard Auraka snarl at him. “I guess I deserve this, but don't expect me to just let you hurt me.” he growled, it was a deep sound a warning. Then the huge russet wolf exploded from him, causing Gem to gasp and then faint herself, it was too much for her. Clearly he was ready to defend himself.

Maith however was watching Sahar. She blinked, it looked like her sister in law was about to change and she knew that was painful the first time. She hurried in that direction, knowing what was going on. “Sahar... try and calm down.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Sahar's body shook and her eyes were wide with fear, not understanding what was happening nor why it was hurting quiet so much. Another snap filled the air, seeming to echo around them but no one other then Maith seemed to notice.

Her mouth opened in a soundless scream, her body falling to the ground as more bones clicked and cracked, unable to support her frail weight.

"Mm-Maith," she whispered, panicked eyes looking at her for help "ww-what is happening!"

Kasinda gasped as Gem's body grew limp, seeming to fall to the ground in slow motion. Standing as close as she was to her, Kasinda barely managed to catch her limp body and lowering it gently to the ground.
    "Aunt Gem?" she whispered, checking her pulse and sighing with relief to find it there, weak but still there.
    "Gem?" she called once more, sighing and knelt by her, trying to get a response.

Auraka snarled under his breath "fight me like a man!" he challenged as his body shook. The excuses he rattled off where impressive, and he knew most to be true. He had been in Taror when the death had come around, and the trial had been something he had watched as a kid.

But hurting his sister, that was enough. He would fight, maybe not to the death, but he would fight.

With yet another roar, his body shook and suddenly shifted. Much like Drannor had, but rather a wolf, he shifted into a huge white lion. Rare not only in colour, but in the shifting species, Auraka's long body seemed only slightly smaller then Drannor's of not the same size.

His maw opened, a yowl escaping to finish his challenging cry and he slinked around to face Drannor and raised a huge paw from the ground before charging him.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

“You're... changing, Sahar. I know its painful, but only the first time is painful. You'll be in control soon,” she said, catching her sister and holding her in her strong, unbreakable arms. “Don't worry if you claw me... you wont hurt me. Someone like Gem or the twins would be hurt, but not Drannor, Auraka or I.”
    She sighed. “Don't fight it. Rather try and stay calm and it wont hurt as much.”

She'd fainted. For a moment she came to, but seeing Auraka vanish into a huge white lion made her knock out again. It was too much for her at the moment. And didn't she know of.

He growled, waiting until just the right moment before leaping, past Auraka, whacking him on the back with his paws as he did. Then he turned and bit hard into Auraka's mane. Oh he knew what eh was doing. Everything that he did though was not meant to hurt but to warn. A white lion. It figured.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Sahar gasped, her normally neat red hair spilling in all directions to mingle with the stains of blood from before.
    "Changing into what?" she begged, sobbing and seemed to be the weak inner being she tried to rarely show. As a healer, you had to be strong. You had to tell people that they would be okay, even if they would most likely die. But lately, everything she had been though, she was a blubbering mess. Not even half the things she went though when kidnapped was this bad.

"Make it stop," she pleaded, curling into a small ball "make it stop..."

Kasinda sighed with relief as Gem stirred, sitting up in a daze but growled under her breath as she fell back once more, seeing Auraka shift into a lion. Surely she had seen that before?
    "Come on Aunt Gem," she sighed "wake up please."

Auraka snarled with protest, bucking his hide legs to scare Drannor loose before spinning to knock him off. The blood poured from the wound, the teeth marks surely leaving a scar, but he pushed the pain aside, focused on his enemy.

He wasn't as seasoned warrior as Drannor, in fact he had bet the older elf in many duels. Before the vampire and shifting half had appeared in their lives. But that seemed it was just an unfair boost to Drannor, once again.

He danced forwards, claws extending to swipe at his face, much like he had Sahar before leaping back, slinking and circling the older wolf.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

He dodged the claw swipes, moving easily enough. He knew that he had to end this though, he did not want to really hurt Auraka. Rearing up, he snatched out at Auraka's paw, catching it in his own. His paw pinched down hard on the pressure point in that paw, knowing it would knock him out.
    He had taken a few knocks himself, nothing serious though, his skin seemed to knit back together easily.

Maith sighed, muttering words under her breath to try and make this less painful for Sahar. "You'll be what your mother was. I think she was a wolf. Drannor should have been a bear, would have been one if father did not do what he did. Drannor's a bit of an abnormality."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 pm

His legs buckled, face planting into the dirt of the floor with a tired moan before falling silent, much to Taeron's horror.
    "Dad!" he cried, running to his side and winced as his back tugged at the wounds "what did you do to him Uncle Drannor!"

Another scream echoed though the landscape as fur burst from her skin, red and white mix. She moaned loudly, hands clawing at Maith and wanting help. Why did it hurt so much? Why was it happening now of all times, she wanted to be their to stop her husband and brother from fighting, but she couldn't even see the fight with her blurred vision.
    "Sstop them..." she whispered as another snap echoed and her back arched high, her nose growing longer and her hands shifting into small paws. Her ears grew flopped, and she seemed to be standing on four legs.
    Last but not least came the tail, long and curled but it made a painful growl rumble from her stomach.

She was a dog, not quiet a wolf but not human either. She blinked, seeming in a daze and showed her bright green eyes, the only part that could be linked to her other half.

Looking at her feet, she yelped in shock and jumped with a wince, bones still sore, and turned her head, seeing the tail that seemed to follow her.
    She looked to Maith, eyes wider then ever before for answers.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 pm

He hadn't escaped out of the fight unscathed himself. he sighed though as he changed back into a normal elf. "Nothing permanent. He'll recover in a minute." Drannor sighed shaking his head at Auraka. he knew Auraka could hear him. "Again you try and fight me and lose. Will you never learn?" He smiled. "Another hint for you, learn to defend the weakness of the animal you chose. Just like I just used the pressure point in your paw against you."

Maith looked at Sahar. "You know you're from Taror. However learning to become an animal before becoming a druid like the rest of us is a little surprising. Never in our history has something like this occured, nor has there ever been... a collie. Most choose a wolf, bear or normal lion... not a tame dog.."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Taeron knelt by his uncle’s head, shaking his gently.
    “Wake up uncle,” he demanded, worried that something was actually really wrong. Never had he seen his uncle, his role model beaten so easily. He was the strongest fighter he knew, never defeated in his eyes...until now and by his own father.

Auraka moaned in response, calmer now and gripped his nephew’s hand and squeezed it gently.
    “I’m fine Taeron,” he muttered, sitting up and looking at Drannor with a frown.
    “You don’t fight fair,” he grunted, standing and making his way over to Gem, worried now that he saw her out cold.
    “She’s fine Uncle,” Kasinda told him “but the two of you fighting, or shifting...made her faint.”

Sahar blinked, looking down at her paws again and lifted it waving it back and forth as if to see if it was really her.
    With a small whine, she lowered her maw to the ground and laid down with a faint ‘thump’ and sighed loudly. So she was a collie, different from her brother and husband. And something rarely seen. Great.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 pm

"I do not!" Drannor chuckled.

"Trust me, there are others that even I can't beat when it comes to this. Maith for example."
    He sighed.

"That's the second time you've attacked me. Learn anything this time? I seem to recall I keep beating you, and I fight completely fair. You just don't know my weaknesses either. Oh and no, I did not use your mind against you either. I can't hear someone when they are in their animal form. Just like Gem couldn't see me when I scouted ahead as an eagle on the way back to Ciarbera."

"Next time, warn me if you're going to change like that," Gem muttered as she stirred. "Both of you."

Though her voice was weak, the reprimand was still there.

"Sorry Gem," Drannor replied. "I did not exactly have time with that mountain of a lion your husband is stalking me like that."

Gem shuddered. then she looked at Sahar. "Am I the only normal elf here?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

“Do to,” he muttered under his breath “I used to be able to beat you, now with all this ‘shifting’ and ‘drinking’ Cream, you’re better than me.”
    “You deserved it this time,” he said, turning his head to face Drannor once again from his kneeling position “you broke your promise and I know how to block thought from you.”
    But at Gem’s words, he leapt back around and smiled sheepishly.
    “Sorry love,” he whispered, kissing her forehead “are you okay now?”

Sahar lifted her muzzle to the sky at Gem’s words and sighed, shaking her head and stood, padding softly to Drannor’s side, not even making his hip. She was small in size, much smaller then Drannor’s wolf form. Most likely the smallest of shifters, even compared to her children. Maybe something was wrong with her, she looked to Auraka who stared at Sahar with wide orbs.
    “Impossible...” he was muttering, shaking his head “mother was a lion as well....so was father.”
    Well, there was her answer.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:39 pm

"We choose the creature, Auraka. I was meant to be a bear, woulda been too, had something not driven a wedge between father and I." Sahar knew what he meant by the wedge between him and Wistari. "Now I'm a wolf like my mother. How.. odd." Though soemthing had felt different that time. Had his tail been shorter? "Something was different that time though."

Gem winced. "I never want that happening again. Scared the living daylights out of me." She sat up, and smiled at him though. "I wish you could control that anger though, Auraka. You're going to give me grey hair."

Drannor looked over at Sahar. "You're lucky you're not another wolf. There seems to be too many. Not enough bears though." He sighed. He knew why that was. "There's a reason most choose the wolf or bear. Because of the old stories of our people." Stories he could not share with them at this point. He was not the one who knew them. "I'm yet to hear of them though."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Sahar whined, licking his hand gently in comfort and nuzzled herself closer into his leg and felt the wave of comfort flow over her.

It will be alright Drannor, she whispered within the mind-link and inhaled his scent deeply but this is really weird...I didn’t choose to be a...dog. A mutt. I didn’t get a choice at all. And what about the children? Will they be mutt’s like me, or wolves like you? Or something completely different? I don’t like this Drannor, why can’t our world just be like normal, no more of this shape changing madness.

Auraka ducked his head, feeling somewhat ashamed.
    “Sorry Gem,” he murmured “I never used to have one...” he drifted off, seeming distant in thought and then flinched violently before snapping back with a gasping pant for hair, kneeling over once more before forcing himself to act like nothing had happened.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Drannor sighed as he looked at Sahar. She had no idea what was going on in his head at the moment. “Only in time will we know what they are. Taeron though I know is a wolf.” he smiled. “I might not be able to read you as well as I once could, but Taeron is another matter entirely.” I could shut him out, but he couldn't shut me out. My mental strength was too much for him to last long against. We both knew it too. “Something was different this time. I didn't seem to know what i was doing for a little bit. I think my form's changing. Into what? Who knows.”

Gem smiled as she managed to sit up again. Seeing Sahar though, she laid down again, feeling weak again. She really did not like having all these animals bursting out of the people she loved so very much. Things did not seem normal any more. “I wish none of this happened to you guys. Its driving me nuts.” She sighed though, knowing that there was nothing she could do about it. Right now she felt so insignificant.

“Gem you're the most important out any of us. How could you think you're insignificant?” Drannor asked.

“I'll never understand you Taror elves,” she shot back. Clearly she was not too pleased about being the odd one out. “All of you are animals. I never will be.”

"You might be," Drannor replied. "Remember we are cousins. My mother was one, your father was not. Good chance it skipped him."

"I don't wanna be one."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:05 am

Who knows....she repeated mentally, red furry cheek pressed against his leg and huffed a sigh, sitting heavily on her haunches and feeling quiet weak from the before changes.
    How...how do you shift back? she questioned, peering up at Drannor's huge height.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:31 am

“by thinking about becoming an elf again. It comes naturally after the first two or three times and you won't have to think about it any more.” At least one of them was somewhat like a wolf. Something he was gladdened by. But the thought about Taeron had come to him. What if Taeron changed to be a bear as well? That would be hard for him to explain when he knew not the reason himself.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:47 am

Sahar nodded her head quickly, closing her bright green orbs and imagined her elven self.

She felt herself shift, her legs returning back to their comfortable number of two and her tail shrinking back into her body as well as the russet coloured fur.
    "Thank you," she breathed, glad to be back to her normal self "that was...different."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 pm

He chuckled lightly. “Takes some to get used to. Anima, it took me over a week to figure out how to change back.” He'd been gone the whole week which had been out of character for him. “I know what you mean though, that is something that is not the easiest thing to believe is possible. He looked over at Auraka now. It seemed that the younger elf had managed to contain himself at last. “Your brother will never learn.”

He knew that he meant by that. Twice now, Auraka had fought him, and both times, Drannor had been the victor.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Auraka snorted proudly, glaring playfully at his brother in law.
    "You cannot say you didn't deserve that," he muttered "and I do learn, for I must every day...it is you that cannot keep the promises and vows you make."
    "Auraka!" Sahar snapped at her brother with a glare "it was an accident, nothing more."
    "Sure sure Sah, but don't come to me next time it happens," he muttered, helping Gem from the ground.

"And I used to be able to beat him," he added after a moments thought "only because of all these magic and shifting things that he can beat me...or maybe I'm just getting lazy."
    He shrugged his shoulders but moved to Sahar's side, kissing her wounded cheek.
    "Take care and do not harm yourself...or let him harm you."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 pm

He laughed, shaking his head. “Again, it was an accident... she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. You know me better than that.” There were some things that would never change there. “Plus I seem to have some things happening that should not be. You would have noticed I was a bear, did you not? Last time, you saw me in my animal form I was a wolf, was I not?”

He was smiling though. “it's not going to happen again, I assure you.”

“And you have to learn to stop exploding out of your skin like that without warning me,” Gem scolded Auraka. “I do not wish to faint again because of you doing that.” She frowned at him, clearly not impressed with that.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Sahar smiled warmly at her mate, glad to see that he was not as upset as before and laughed softly as Auraka was scolded by his own mate.

"Sorry love," Auraka said sheepishly "I'll tell you next time...."
    He knew he would try, but it wasn't often a thing he was able to tell nor predict. If he was to change, it was in the heat of battle. Never much time to tell her what was happening.
    "Now, we should start heading home."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 pm