Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Long Road Home.... - Erosaf -

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Long Road Home.... - Erosaf -  - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Road Home.... - Erosaf -

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 pm

"Most of my remaining family lives here, but i must go to Taror. Thank goodness we're leaving Nuban soon, so we'll all be together again once more." Drannor chuckled as he followed her. He knew where the children were, though he knew that what he was would complicate matters in a few moments. If either of the children were bleeding that was.
    "If I leave the room, you'll know why." Blood was a serious issue around him, though he had not been feeding right. That would have something to do with it as well.

"Aye, she was, but she's home now, so there is nothing to worry about. My sister is extremely annoyed at whoever dared to take her from her tent like that."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Cyara nodded her noble head "of course she is."

Sahar nodded silently as they moved up the stairs, tugging the door open and into their room and put a smile in place before allowing her eyes to grow wide.
    Kasinda was sitting behind Taeron, placing herbs and oil onto his scabbed back. The scabs were crackled and some where bleeding, looking somewhat likes lash strikes.
    "Oh Taeron!" Sahar cried in her motherly worry, dashing beside Kasinda to help "why didn't you tell me they opened!"

Healer's instincts kicked in, gathering the herbs and speaking to her daughter in gentle tones, sharing the knowledge she had been training her in. Kasinda, like her mother, was a healer. And for her 10 years of age, well she was doing damn well.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:46 am

he blinked and with an apologetic glance at his family he immediately stopped breathing and stepped out of the room. It was too much to be able to smell his own son, and that was something that shocked him. Was he really that weak that his own son was too much for himt o handle? He had thought that he had mastered his own self control.

And yet a ten year old was that hard to resist that he had to leave the room. he growled, shape shifting into a wolf and stalked down into the study, shutting the door behind him, with a shove of his head. he was furious with himself.

He chuckled. "She'll find out who thatw as soon enough I have the feeling."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:09 am

Sahar sensed her husband leaving and knew why, but it tore at her heart that he couldn't stay. She didn't blame him, it wasn't his fault he was what he was, but that didn't make her wish they could be a family once more.

But every time things got close, more like a family, something bad happened. Something to pull them further apart.

Tending the wounds on her sons back, she kissed his forehead and then hugged her daughter before leaving her to it, going to find Drannor.

Small feet led the way around the corner, following the sounds of Drannor as she went. It seemed he was in the office. Gently, she knocked on the door and sighed, finding the door locked.
    "Drannor?" she called softly "are you okay?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:01 pm

He sighed as he heard someone knock on the door, though he knew who it was. Thinking one word, the door unlocked but did not answer. He growled, and though it was a wolf sound, it was not angry towards her, but towards himself. How could he be so stupid. At least he had been able to walk away from his son, but still, to have to do that when its was his own flesh and blood was extremely aggravating. How could they be a family if he couldn't handle certain things like that?

It was something he was not impressed by, and he knew things would be hard for him, but this was ridiculous. Sahar knew he loved the kids, but having to walk away when one of them had broken skin was stupid. He snarled as he sat there, quite angry with himself. Not to mention he was ashamed as well of the reaction he'd had. When she came in, it would be the wolf she found nothing else.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Hearing the soft click of a door unlocking, Sahar sighed and pushed it open gently, pausing at the sight of a huge, bear like wolf.
    "Drannor," she said softly, entering the room and shutting the door behind her, crouching beside his head, kissing it gently with her lips.
    "I know it hurts..." she said, sitting beside him and leaning on the wall beside the door, patting the spot next to her "I can only guess how bad you must feel, but you cannot let it get you down Honey."

She hesitated, looking back to him and rubbed just under his dark chin.
    "Change back Love, so we can talk properly," she whispered.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:54 pm

The wolf sighed, looking at her. There were some things she could never understand about him. Things from his past that he would never share with the others. Though when she scratched under his jaw he seemed to purr, though it was more like a low humming noise. It seemed to help him calm down. He sighed, moving away from her for a moment, before the wolf was gone, fitting back into his much smaller normal body.

He hissed though, feeling one familiar pain slice across his back as he did. Though it was more than the normal annual pain, it was worse. That made him wince. Looked like something was wrong. “I'm sorry,” he said. “I had to get out of there.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm

She smiled as he hummed under her touch, glad to see him changing back to his normal form but instantly frowned at his hiss of pain.
    "What's wrong?" she asked quickly, eyes sharp as they ran over his body for injury "and I understand love, really I do."

She kissed his cheek gently and sighed "I just wished there was someway I could help you..really," she said sadly.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:11 pm

“I know there's nothing that can be done from what happened earlier. But you don't understand what it was like for me to have to leave. For the first time since I changed... I nearly lost control and our son nearly paid for my lack of control.” He sighed. “There's something you don't know about, something I hoped I would never have to tell you.”

He looked at one of the book shelves, trying to figure out what he was going to say. “You remember how I was banished from Taror?” Then he winced and growled in pain. His back was not facing Sahar. Turning his head, he sniffed once. “Anima!” several other curse words came from his mouth but those others were said too quiet for her to hear them. “This shouldn't be happening.” He could smell his own blood, and he knew where it was coming from. The oldest scar on his body... the one that covered from his left shoulder to his right hip and his right shoulder to his left hip.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Sahar's facial features grew more worried as he spoke, nodding at his words.
    "Turn!" she commanded as he swore, scenting the blood on her less sensitive features and knew he was bleeding, or something was wrong.
    As she forced him to spin, her mouth dropped and gently hovered over it's length.

"What happened Drannor?" she whispered with horror "did this happen while I was away? It looks new..."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:47 pm

“Actually, its a few decades old.” He sighed. “This is the only thing my father ever gave me. He was drunk, I'd gone out on my first hunt on my own with his blessings that morning, when he was still sober.”

He shuddered at the memory. “I was only seven years older than Taeron is now. I just turned fifty yesterday, so its been a part of me a while, you could say.” No one had known though that it was his birthday yesterday, he had not told anyone at all. Birthdays were not important to him anymore.

He paused thinking back over the painful memory the scar gave him. “Back in those days a bow and arrows was a common sight on me. I loved using them, and sometimes I fought using them. That was before my first hunt. I turned seventeen the day before.”

He winced. “I had to travel a fair distance into the woods away from Taror to find anything worth hunting. I did not know that someone else was out on their first hunt as well. One of my best friends, Taeron Findarel. I was... over confident back then. I set the few snares and things I would need for traps. I thought I knew it all back in those days. Later I checked the traps and a buck was caught in one of them.”

He paused. “I sent one arrow at it, knowing that my aim was true and it would be dead. Somehow it hit something else. I let the buck go of course, my attention was on whoever had cried out. It seemed my arrow had hit someone else.” he shook at the memory.

“When I found them... it was Taeron.”

He couldn't continue.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:57 pm

She studied the wound in great detail, seeing the age now as he spoke. Decades old? It looked nothing near that old, maybe that was due to the currently bleeding.
    "Does it re-open often?"

"Happy birthday," she said with a small smile, squeezing his hand to try and break the tense air but failed, instead choosing to listen intently and gasped at the mention of their son's namesake.

Pulling him gently closer, she hugged him tightly though took care of his back so not to hurt and waited for him to continue.
    "What happened then Drannor?" she asked softly, wanting to know and knowing he needed to get this off his mind.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

“Most people would run away if they did the thing I did then by accident. I went home, to talk to my father before some other elf reported the death. I knew to tell the truth, he would hear from Taeron's parents soon enough what happened, and I wanted him to know what happened from my own point of view first. I told him, but as my story reached the end, he got very angry.”

He winced at the memory. “he was drunk when I told him. His sword was nearby, it was a wicked weapon, and when it strikes someone it does a lot of damage. Normally if your get hit by it, you die. I'm lucky to be alive. A few times I managed to dodge, his aim was off because of the drinking. Then he managed to hit me, and well, that was agony beyond anything anyone's felt before. It rebounded, causing the scar from my left shoulder to my right hip the second time.”

He paused. Again he was shaking and he seemed to recoil as he spoke of the sword hitting him, as if it had just hit him. Clearly this was an avid memory for him. “Soora came rushing home, she healed me, with magic. I think its because she died when we besieged Quinhiroo that the magic she used is wearing off.”

he sighed, then chose to answer her question. “This is the first time its reopened. Every year, the day after my birthday... did you remember I left for the day annually? I did not want you knowing what had happened. Only one other person knows this story, and they are gone now as well. Ashlere's mother. Every year, this seems to hurt me, and it handicaps me for the whole day. Before I met you, while it was still raw, on those days, I used to want to die. You don't know the agony its causing me, and I'm glad you don't. I just hope Taeron does not get as over confident as I am.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Her green eyes locked with his, worry deep within their warm depths. She herself was reaching into her thirtieth year, some twenty years younger then her husband, not that either of them minded, and found herself a whole lot wiser with such things.

Her small hands rubbed his arm in comfort, as if to help him speak the words and let him know he wasn't alone any more.
    "Maybe I can try and re-seal them," she said softly, almost to herself before listening once more.

She gasped though, at the mention of him disappearing every time on the day after his birthday.
    "Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, feeling wounded that he hadn't trusted her. She just assumed that he had left early for work, Gem always had him doing things at odd times for odd topics. But now that he mentioned it, he was always gone for a while longer then normal. Normally he tried to be home by a certain time, for a chance with her and the kids.

"Why didn't you tell me? You didn't have to suffer alone Drannor," she said softly and turned away, upset "why didn't you let me help you? I am your wife after all!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:35 pm

He sighed. “I didn't want anyone to know about it. It is my burden alone. To admit something like this, even to you is a huge blow for me.” His pride was broken at the moment. “You can't tell anyone. If word of this gets out... no one would trust me. Not even Gem knows of it, and I know that's true because she's never thought of it.”

He moved over to her and gave her a hug. "I am sorry I never told you. That was wrong of me. I thought i could handle it on my own, but that was because it never gave me too much trouble. Not until now anyway. This is the worst its been since before Soora healed me."

He looked down at her. "I forgave my father for this. Before the incident that caused this... would you believe, we were the best of friends. he was always there for me. But as my mother feared, Wistari lashing out like that drove a wedge between my father and I, one which never healed, though on my end it did. I was his favourite child. Maith spent most of her time with Soora, learning to be a healer. It was something that suited her personality, and it still does."

he sighed. “Maybe I was his favourite because I was and am to this day, his heir. I don't know. Seventeen years of good memories ended that day, and he never made an effort to reconcile with me, though I was willing to do so, not long ago. Then when we visited them, a couple of years ago, he tried to kill you, and I was forced to kill him.”

His knees gave way then, and he fainted.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 pm

"Drannor," she scolded "I was apart of your burden from the moment I met you, and then put this ring on my finger!"
    She lifted her hand as if to prove a point, "and of course I wont tell anyone Drannor, I love you to much to break your trust."
    She kissed his cheek gently, pulling away with a sigh and rested her head against his shoulder.
    "Next time, please let me know...."

She allowed him to pull her into a hug, loving the way such a simple touch still brought sparks to her skin, even after almost 10 years of marriage.
    "I love you Drannor..." she whispered and gasped, at his side in an instant as he crashed to the floor. Faint.

"Drannor?" she called "Drannor?"
    She shook him, desperate to try and get a response from him. But none came. Healer's instinct's kicked in, yelling for Kasinda to bring her, her basket. Which appeared within moments, but Sahar refused to allow her into the room. Telling her to go play with Taeron outside.

Pressing small bundles of herbs against his wounds, she muttered in the ancient language to heal them, or at least seal them.
    "Come on Drannor, I can't loose you again..."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:04 pm

He grimaced when he revived. What the hell happened? Since when did a vampire faint? Strangely, his eyes were a burning red colour, and that was not normal. For the first time in his life as a vampire, he lost control. The wolf burst from him, and before he could regain control of himself, one huge paw slashed up at her face, catching the right side.

Three different parts caught the blow, each from a separate claw. One line pulled down the corner of her eye. The second middle claw yanked at the side of her mouth tearing down towards her chin. And the other clawed from her hair down to her eye.

Almost immediately afterwards a huge black wolf leapt in through the window, shoving him away from Sahar. He growled but did not attack. It was Maith. She phased. “Leave!” she growled at him. He didn't argue he was furious with himself. “Don't come back till I find you, Drannor!” not to mention he knew she would attack him if he didn't. Shooting Sahar an apologetic look he leapt out of the room.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Sahar screamed with pain and surprise, the force of her blow sending her reeling backwards and against the wall with yet another wince.
    Her eyes stung with tears, but the salt like tears couldn't fall due to the wounds.

Bright orbs struggled to stay open, staring at Drannor in shock as her hands lifted, resting on the wounds as if to stop the bleeding trail and cupped her chin.

"D-drannor!" she called after him but could barely form the words and turned her attention to Maith, struggling to get to her feet.

She needed to find Drannor! She knew he would be beating himself up over this, that he wouldn't want to look at her again, maybe not even touch her again.

"Mmmm-Maith!" she forced the words out with a wince "bb-bring himm bb-back!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 pm

“No. Not until I've healed you. That's one nasty injury he gave you. You're lucky I turned up when I did. Phasing so close to you could have killed you.” She sighed. “As soon as I have healed you, I'll bring him back. Right now, you don't need the distraction, I know what you smell like to him. Lucky for you its not the same for me, else you'd be in trouble.” Maith was the one who had not found that person yet.

She looked at Sahar. “I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner.” She helped Sahar over to the chair. She was not breathing that much herself, only enough to be able to talk. Blood still got to her, but it was not half as bad as it was for her brother. “I was coming over to talk some sense into him as it was. I was not expecting to see you here though, I thought you were missing...” She chuckled. “Let's get this healed then the three of us can talk about this.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Sahar tried to protest, but the blood was spreading and she knew that it would only be worse for Drannor if he attacked her because of the scent and his hunger, so sat still and allowed Maith to tend her and took her arm gratefully, falling into the comfortable chair with a sigh.

"Gg-got b-back tt..." she winced at the words "today."

She knew it would scar, she had seen wounds like this before. Well, she couldn't actually see it, but she knew it in her bones she would never recover from it fully.

"T-thanks."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:29 pm

“I'm sorry I wasn't here to stop him before this happened. What brought this onto you?” Maith asked, as magic flowed from her hands. The skin she was able to heal, but she could tell that even magic wouldn't remove the scars, much as she had hoped it would. “Well that would be my normal luck I guess.” she hadn't thought her brother would do something like this though and it vexed her greatly.

As soon as she was done, she called Drannor in her mind, knowing he would not be far from them as it was.

He came back, but he was hesitant as he entered the room. As soon as he saw Sahar's face though... he seemed to freeze into stone.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:34 pm

"He fainted..." she managed to say without fumbling "and was...bleeding, so I went to tend his wounds. But he woke and...shifted, I think."

She sat in silence after she finished, wanting to scratch her face but knew it was just the magic doing it's work.

As the door opened, she turned and smiled sadly at Drannor. She had been right, every-time things started to get close, they were broken apart again. But as he froze with horror, she froze as well. Surely she didn't look that bad? Only a small scar or two.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:04 am

He stared at her, unable to hide the horror that he felt when he saw what he'd done. And yet he had had no control over it at all. He was glad Maith had been here... though how that was even possible he did not know. Had she not, things could have been a lot more serious for Sahar... maybe even fatal.

“Auraka's going to kill me.” he knew the promise he had made Auraka. That he would never hurt Sahar. And there on her face were marks that could only come from him. No other wolf had the same claws. One hand turned into a paw and he snarled at it, before it changed back to a hand. “I'll understand if you don't want to see me again.”

Maith growled and then one of her own paws smacked him on the nose. She only had one arm that of a wolf. “Don't you dare leave her. Can't you see that you're hurting her by standing there like an idiot? Grow up Drannor!”

He recoiled away from his sister. “I can't.... you know what she's like to me.”

“I healed her the best I can. Soora taught me a lot of things when it came to healing. You know that. There's no blood left on her, I saw to that,” Maith replied. “Now do I have to hit you again?”

He winced. "I think Auraka is going to hurt me enough next time he sees her."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Sahar smiled slightly at his first words, surprised at what they were.
    "Do not worry about my brother Drannor," she said softly, stepping closer towards him and noted the horror in his eyes, but pushed the feeling of worry down. Was she really that horrible to look upon?

"Drannor...." she whispered when he spoke of never seeing her again "Drannor...no, please..."

Tears bubbled into her green eyes, shakily standing and moving closer to him. Not scared of him at all, she knew it was an accident and not done on purpose.
    "Drannor, no...never," she protested "I promised I will stay by you, no matter what! And I don't break promises..."

Her pale hands outstretched, taking his in hers and gently squeezed them.

"Forever am I yours."

Auraka walked down the cobbled path, hand and hand in with his beloved Gem, his true Gem. Every few strides, he raised the clasped hands and kissed a finger before allowing them to drop.

They had been spending the day together, away from all the work they needed to catch up on, but at the news of his sisters return home, they were rushing to see if the news was true. Auraka hoped so, but he didn't want to set his hopes to high.

But he broke into a huge grin at the sight of his niece and nephew playing outside.
    "Kasinda! Taeron!"

He pulled his giggling twin niece into a hug before dragging Taeron into it as well, looking up at the lighted house, heart lighter then it had been in days.

"She's home Gem! Finally, she homes," he muttered to his wife and hugged the children tighter before turning his attention to the words of Kasinda.

"Don't go up their Uncle Auraka," she was saying "daddy hurt mummy, Aunt Maith is up their now."

Auraka's eyes narrowed at these words, looking at Taeron who just nodded slightly, before moving away with a glare at the house.

"Get down here Drannor!" he yelled with a challenge "how dare you hurt her!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:04 pm

He winced, his bad back forgotten. Things were about to get difficult. Maith stiffened as well.

“I can hear them coming... Gem and Auraka,” he murmured. “I promised him I would never hurt you. And now I have. He'll know it was me. No one else has the same claws as I do, so it would not be anyone else. He'll know that already. This is not going to be easy to explain, to him at least.”

“You know I'm not going to let him hurt you, don't you Drannor?” Maith asked.

“No. You can't intervene this time, Maith. I know what I have done and I will face what comes on my own. I can defend myself against him, he's newer to what we are. This is something I brought upon myself.”

She growled, but she also headed towards the stairs. She was the first to leave the house and as she did, she was a huge black wolf. Her hackles were raised, her teeth bared at Auraka in warning.

“Back off Maith!”

She shot Drannor an angry look.

“Maith, this is mine to deal with. Don't make this any harder than this already will be. Just make sure no one else gets hurt.” the black wolf snarled, but backed behind him. She couldn't deny his orders, and he knew that.

Drannor then turned his eyes on Auraka and Gem. “Let me explain alright? Then we'll fight.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am