Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Seeking Aniel - Erosaf -

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Seeking Aniel - Erosaf -  Empty Seeking Aniel - Erosaf -

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Faeron Nimdiren

Soft footsteps lead him along the forest path, ocean blue eyes glancing over his shoulder every now and then. No one could know his secret, but it wasn't as if anyone actually cared where the orphan boy went.
    Aniel! he cried mentally, feeling the distant connection with his beautiful, red dragon.

It was seven years today since he had saved her, seven years since their bond had been completed. And yet, no one knew. Only each other, they both feared the worst when it came to telling others. What happened if they were forced apart? Forced to have no contact until she was mature, which was hundreds of years. He could barely bare a day without seeing her, let alone the years of darkness if she was found.

A deep red colour flashed behind the trees, a delighted giggle leaving her small maw as she dashed out from the trees and butted his leg gently.
    Hello Faeron, she hummed, nuzzling his leg gently and sighed with content. It had only been a day and a half since they had last seen each other, due to him being unable to get away from the orphanage. To him, she was beautiful in every way. Her small bodice, reaching his waist. The silver stripe down her back shining brightly under the afternoon sun. He had a few hours with her before he had to return, or else feel the wrath of angry elven nurses.
    "Hello Ani," he said, rubbing the soft spot under her throat and she wriggled with delight.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Seeking Aniel - Erosaf -  Empty Re: Seeking Aniel - Erosaf -

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:02 pm

She knew that he was going off again. Oddly though she'd happened to be returning to Anthatal after an errand Gem had asked her to run to Mithrim. Was not something she was expecting to do, but it happened anyway. She heard him speaking to some one and her horse turned instinctively in that direction. Who was he talking to? She couldn't sense any other elves near him, but she knew there was someone there.

When her horse grew closer though, she stopped him and dismounted, walking the last stretch. “Faeron?” she only just caught a glimpse of the hatchling dragon and she had to stop a smile from reaching her mouth. How could he hide the dragonet from everyone here? Especially when the dragons were revered by their race?

“You didn't tell me you had a dragon,” she said, looking at him in what seemed to be uncertainty. Why did he keep that from her. She was also jealous, he had one and she did not. “If you're trying to hide it, I wouldn't tell any one. You could have told me.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:16 pm

He span around, hiding the red dragon behind his long legs and gasped as he saw her. As always, she looked beautiful. Her long raven locks, braided neatly. Her clothes clean, despite a days riding.

"Ashlere!" he breathed, red flush creeping into his cheeks. They had become good friends over the last few weeks, growing closer and learning more about each other. But he had never told her, she was his only friend other then he. He wanted to. And now she knew. There were only two things he had kept from her. The fact that he was an orphan, they never spoke about his family, and that he had a dragon.

"I...I...I was going to tell you," he stuttered, Ani's head popping out from around his leg "I..I haven't t-told anyone...about Ani..I don't want them to take her a-away.."
    He tried to push Ani back but she was curious at the thought of meeting one of Faeron's hatch-mates.
    Hello... she said, approaching the girl and padding around her in a slow, even circle. Her snout brushing her clothes every now and then before pulling away and huffed with satisfaction.
    I am Ani, she declared, liking her right away.

Faeron sighed, shaking his head at the curious hatchling.
    "She is only young...I was..am...worried they will take her away until we are both of..a-age.." he explained, shifting slightly were he stood. He hoped she wasn't mad at him, hoping that there friendship wouldn't stop because of this. Maybe he should share everything, just so this wouldn't happen again.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 pm

“never would that happen to you or to Ani. Once when Lindan Marcos was alive it might have, for he would ahve taken her from you. But myself and my cousin, nor any other elf would dare do such a thing to a dragon and its rider no matter who they were.” She smiled at them both. “Especially not our queen now her steward.” For that was her role now, and she knew she was honoured to hold that role amongst her people.
    “Infact I am quite happy for you. I don't think I'll ever be a Dragon Rider.”

She sighed looking at the ground for a few moments, pondering this newest developement. Her greatest loyalty was to her queen, but right now, she was not sure what to do. Then she whistled sharply. A neigh answered the whistle and a horse came towards them slowly. “I was running an errand for Her Majesty and happened to hear you talking to Ani.” That was something that she found a little embarrassing. “I haven't seen you for a while, so I thought I better find out who was talking to you. Now I know. You should tell Gem. She's fair and she won't do anything to either of you for hiding it.”

We were not trained to hate dragons that were hidden. “The Dragon Riders are the most respected of all the elven warriors, Faeron.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:02 pm

He blinked, listening and hanging onto her every word. Every vocal she made, he locked away to listen to forever, repeating in his mind until the next hit him.
    "I can't be a real rider for...at least...like 100 years," he pointed out, gesturing to the hornless and wingless dragon beside him "she's only seven..I found her when she was..4 days old I think.."
    He sighed quietly "she was almost dead," he whispered, reliving in the moment with a shudder "and I saw her little red body and was drawn to it..for seven year's I've hidden her...and now I've shown someone."
    It actually felt good to have someone know now. Nodding slightly at the thought of going to Gem, it slightly scared him. He? An orphan boy speak with the great queen?And Auraka? The king was always by her side, that made him even more nervous. He, as his mate, was a legend in his own right. His sword skills were unmatched. Though, many said he was dead now.

Faeron blinked, looking miserable for a moment and kicked a rock on the ground.
    "There's more..." he said softly, looking up as the horse approached "do you have...a moment to talk? I..have to tell you something else.."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 pm

She laughed lightly at the thoughts in her head about the wings and things. “it does not take long for a dragon to get her wings. Once they hit twenty years of age, they'll grow in. Something I learnt from the dragon that was with my mother, Nuala.” She blinked though when she heard about the way he had found her. “You did well knowing how to look after her. How you knew what to do is beyond me though.”

She smiled though, pondering things. "You could come and stay with me, if you wanted," she said. "I don't have my parents anymore either. They died, the day my cousin became queen." She sighed. Things happened like that, and she knew that it was hard to accept such things. 

“I could talk to Gem if you wanted. She is my cousin afterall.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Faeron sent another gesture towards Ani who was sitting, studying the two and looking somewhat like a loyal dog.
    "Thank you...I have tried to read everything my.....friend can read to me. I have taught her how to hunt, well mostly she taught me," he said quietly and chuckled gently before sighing, hand running to brown hair as he tried to put it into words.

Just tell her, Ani ordered, sounding bored by his worries
    What if she won't like me because of it?
    Then I shall lick her from head to toe until she does.
    Faeron shuddered slightly at the thought, knowing her tongue was made of sharp points despite her smaller size.

A deep breath was pulled in and he studied her in silence for a moment.
    "I'm an...orphan," he admitted "I never knew my parents, they left before I turned one.."
    He gestured towards Ani "she is my only family..."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 pm

"You could come and stay with me, if you wanted," she said. "I don't have my parents anymore either. They died, the day my cousin became queen." She sighed. Things happened like that, and she knew that it was hard to accept such things. It had not been easy for her to accept the fate her parents had shared, but her cousin had been there for her, as had Auraka, which had surprised her.

She smiled at him. “There is plenty of room at my house, and to be honest it gets rather lonely at times.”

She sighed. "I had guessed there was something different about you, but even had you been the Son of Lindan Marcos, it would not have ended our freindship, faeron. My cousin Keya is the daughter of Lindan Marcos."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Faeron nodded, hand sweeping though his brown locks. Saddness filled his orbs and he started to shake his head, not wanting to barge in her home. But at the mention of her parents, she was quickly pulled into his warm arms.
    "Why didn't you tell me?" he whispered, just hugging her tightly to his chest. Why had't she told him? She was more like him now then before, they were both orphans.
    Without though, he kissed the top of her head gently, gentle orbs looking down at her smaller form.
    "You better get back...I shall come, the sooner I speak to Queen Gem the better I think..."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm

“Only those directly related to my parents were told that they were gone. Weren't you there when I took on my mother's position? If you were, you would have noticed that they were not there. I'll never see them again,” she sighed.

She almost pulled away from him when he hugged her, but relaxed once more. “It was hard for the first few days to get used to not having Nuala or Galan around, but Drannor's been very helpful. I stayed with him and his fiance a few days until I could control my own emotions but now, I'm back in my normal home. Kinda lonely.”

She paused. “Did you want everyone knowing about Ani? Or just Gem?” she asked. “Either one could happen, you tell me. She'd have somewhere to stay in the house as well so you would not always have to come out here.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Slowly, and somewhat regretfully, he let her go with a tender smile. In some ways she had it harder then him, he at least had never known his parents but she had and she could miss them. You could never miss what you had never had, only wish.
    Shaking his head slightly "no...I wasn't there, I didn't know of it and nurse has kept me inside the last few days," he rolled his eyes slightly "says I explore to much."

At her final comment, he turned to Ani.
    I am curious of these creatures... she admitted nudging him gently with her small snout I would like to meet more...
    A quiet sigh escaped him, but he trusted her.
    "Ani would like to meet others...but I think we should keep it quiet for now," he said quietly, ignoring the huff from the young red fae.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:49 pm

She smiled. “Wait here. I'll be back soon. And hopefully Gem will be with me, maybe Gaelira as well, if she thinks its needed.” Ashlere chuckled. “We do talk about a lot of things without the Prince Consort getting involved, though at the moment those things have been lacking I guess. I'm pretty sure I can convince her.”
    With that she turned to the horse who had been waiting patiently for her. Swiftly she was up on his back and moving away. It would not take long at all.

Finding Gem once she reached the city, she explained what she'd found out to her, mercifully Auraka was not there, he scared her a little bit. Then again, she was only still technically a kid, and she did not know him well at all. Her duties though had to be for both of them of course. Pain that was. As she had thought before, Gem agreed to come out and meet Ani alone.
    She would not bring Gaelira or anyone else, seeing as they were not far from the walls. After all, Ashlere had just been out there, alone.

It was not long before Ashlere was stopping again near where she knew Faeron was.
    "Faeron?" she called. "Ani?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Faeron nodded, watching her go as he settled beside Ani, scratching the scales under her chin gently and listening to her humming in content.
    "This will be fun...won't it..." he mused quietly, unsure what now. His heart seemed to be racing, nervous as they awaited. What happened if they took her from him? What if Gaerlira came...she was so large she could easily eat Ani whole!

At the call of his and the young dragons name, he took a shaky breath and stood, following the voices until he came before the queen of them all.
    "Queen Gem," he said bowing as deeply as possible. He had never spoken with anyone of a high rank before, let alone the queen of his kind.
    He shifted his weight, locks falling over his face slightly as he waited for her to speak.

Auraka paced the halls of his home, ivy green eyes peeled for Gem. Wherever had she gone to?
    Stopping a passing maid, he asked if she had been seen. But no one had.
    A sigh of annoyance left him, but he trusted Gem was fine. She could handle almost anything by herself...and had promised to keep a guard around her since last time.
    Turning on his heel, he headed back to the study and stared at the pointless paperwork before him. The joys of being the Prince Consort, Lord of Taror, General of the Army, Queens Best Guard. Gosh, he wondered if his title could be any wordier then that.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:57 am

OOC: and he thinks his is long? Gem's is much much longer

Gem smiled as she saw the slightly older boy that Ashlere had spoke to her of. “No need,” she chuckled. “Only the other adults have to bow, Faeron,” she said. She smiled though, as she spotted the little dragon behind him. She thought for a moment, knowing this was something rare, to see a dragon choose someone so young, and be as young itself. There was no chance though that she would separate them. It was not something she was comfortable doing.

“I can understand why you hid Ani from all the rest of us, but it was not needed. She won't be taken from you, only Lindan Marcos would do that to someone for it. I would never, and if I won't none of the others would either. That would be going against me, which is not wise.” She smiled though. “although you coming out here alone like this all the time is not safe either. Ashlere told me though that she offered for you to stay where she is. That's something I can allow, seeing as her mother asked me to watch over her.”

Getting Ani there was a problem. “She also said you don't want her being seen by everyone. I have a solution to that. Gaelira would happily get her there, without her being seen. Its a common sight for her to be over at Ashlere's, no one would be worried. Would you and Ani like to meet her?”

Ashlere smiled encouragingly at him.

Gaelira chuckled. “Looking for her?” She smiled. “She's with Ashlere, and will be back soon. No need to worry, Auraka.” The white dragon was amused some of the time when her mate's bonded one went searching like this. “And no, they are not far from the walls at all. Just out of sight, actually.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 am

Auraka sighed, rubbing his forehead with his large fingers and smiled slightly to Gaelira.
    "Thanks Gaelira...I just can't help but worry about her...It seems so long since I last saw her," he sighed again, waiting for her to come back so he could see what she had been up to.

Faeron smiled nervously, standing tall before his queen and shifted his weight slightly.
    Ani's little red snout appeared from around Faeron, clawed feet hurrying forth to stare at the elven queen with wide eyes.
    Hello... she said with her mind, having not learned to speak with actual words yet.
    Her little tail whipped back and forth, seeming more like an over sized dog then a dragon as she stared at Gem with huge orbs.

Faeron sent Ashlere a small smile before looking back to Gem.
    "I don't want to...intrude..." he said quietly, feeling awkward still. The queen offering him a home? Taking in an orphan?
    He blinked slowly, trying to make sense of it in his mind.

At the mention of the great white sun dragon, his eyes widened as his dragons did. He? Meeting Gaelira?
    "Yes please.." he said in a quiet voice, looking down at the ground and Ani nodded in agreement. She hadn't ever met another of her kind before. Faeron decided he liked Gem, glad that she had no plans on taking her away from him.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:51 pm

“It's Ashlere's house, not mine,” Gem replied, smiling. “So you wouldn't be intruding.” She smiled. “I know what its like not knowing your parents. I had it harder than both of you, I had to survive for fifteen years in a human orphanage.” That was worse than anything the elves had.

“I really don't mind having you there,” Ashlere added. “it'd be good to have someone else in there. Kinda lonely there. And sadly, I had to tell Gem the whole story.”

“I won't tell anyone else about anything Ashlere told me. Well, apart from Auraka, he ought to know what I get up to. Likely worried sick about me at the moment.” It was clear that she had a lot of things she dealt with, but that was something that was expected.

Gem turned away for a moment, facing the direction the had come in. 'can you come?'

'I come.'

“She's on her way,” gem replied, turning to face them.

“You need not worry about her so much. I'd tell you if there was trouble, wouldn't I?”

Gaelira chuckled, looking up at the sky again. She knew that she could not be up there at the moment, not with the few dragons flying constantly out there. Dragons who were no ally to her.

“If you'll excuse me, my rider calls.”

With that, she leapt into the air, wheeling quickly up and looping around the house.

OOC: she't not there yet
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Faeron blinked, blush creeping into his cheeks at the mention of being an orphan. He didn't like others to know, many looked down upon those without parents.
    But new hope gleamed, surprised to learn that the queen herself had been one for 15 years. Her parents had taken her back, but wondered if his own where still alive.
    "Thank you..." he whispered to Ashlere, finally agreeing. It would be good to get out of the home.

Auraka huffed a sigh but nodded with agreement, the memory of last time still in her mind. She hadn't been able to save Gem that time, but he didn't dare voice it out loud.
    "Bye," he called as the white dragon left, moving gracefully though the sky. Rasjar's head appeared, eyes trained upon the disappearing bodice of his mate for a moment before grinning at Auraka.
    Isn't she beautiful? he asked with glee, glad to have such a beautiful, loving dragon for a mate.
    That she is Rasjar, that they are....

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:30 pm

'Quietly if you will,' Gem said. 'Don't want to frighten them.'
    'I know,'
    Gaelira replied with a mental chuckle.
    Ashlere smiled, looking up at the sky above them.

Down she came, the queen of the sky, on silent wings, though the wind ruffled every feather upon her body. Silently she landed before them, folding her wings and looking over at all of them with a motherly expression. Sunlight rebounded off every scale, making her seem like she was made of diamonds, instead of flesh and blood. “Greetings Faeron, Ani,” she said, mouth moving with each word.

She blinked and the sunlight dulled for her, making her much easier on the eyes. “I am Gaelira,” she said. Her eyes rested on Ani for a few moments. Sure she was so many more years older, but she was able to recall when she was that little. “I know of what needs to be dealt with here,” she said. “And its easy enough for me. I've had many hatch lings of my own so I know how to handle them.” She smiled.

“I suppose I had better go back with you two, seeing as someone is going to have to formally adopt you, Faeron. They won't have trouble with me taking you on. No one would refuse that offer, especially since my family has always helped with the home,” Gem added. “Seeing as I already got named as Ashlere's gaurdian.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Faeron's jaw dropped, eyes growing wide as he stared up at the large, white dragoness.
    Bowing slightly, feeling the need in such a beautiful creature he stuttered over his words.
    "H-hello..." he mumbled, grey eyes still staring up at her in awe.

Ani padded towards the bigger dragon, eyes as wide as her riders.
    Hello goddess of the sky... she said softly and Faeron noticed how much smaller she actually was. The smaller red studied the white dragon, unsure on what to do now. She had never met another of her kind before, only the animals she had eaten and Faeron.

The boy turned his attention to the elven queen once more, nodding slightly in surprise.
    "Thank you...Queen Gem," he murmured softly with surprise. He would be adopted into...the royal family? What an odd thought that was.

Auraka huffed a sigh once more, still somewhat tense that Gem was yet to return despite Rasjar and Gaelira's words.
    "Why isn't she back yet Rasjar?" he asked the huge purple dragon "what is taking her so long?"
    Calm Auraka hummed the beast with amusement she's coming back soon.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 pm

"I do what I can for the people I watch over, Faeron. If having you as a part of the family is needed, then I will do so." Gem smiled.

"As will I when it comes to our kind," Gaelira said.

Gem chuckled. "Though I have to be getting back, else the Prince consort will be getting worried about me. Not that he should. Shall we?"

Ashlere chuckled. "You did vanish once though, so I guess he has means for worry," she reminded her.

Gem laughed. "Something that was in no way my fault that time. How was I to know about that happening?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Faeron smiled in thanks, hand resting on Ani's smooth scales.
    "Don't you have a...gift though?" he asked, eyebrow rising "so shouldn't you have been able to see it....?"
    He gasped quietly, unable to believe he had just said that. To the queen of all people!
    The hand flew up, covering his mouth as he squeaked out an apology, hoping he hadn't destroyed his chances at being brought into a family.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:49 pm

"It's all right Faeron. I may be gifted with foresight, but there are some things I cannot see around. Orc's for one," Gem replied. "You didn't know, so there's no need for an apology."

Gaelira chuckled. "I'll get Ani there, you three head the other way though." She looked at Ani now. "I'm going to have to carry you so you're not seen, little one."

Ashlere chuckled. "At least you'll be safe with her, Ani. She'd never drop you."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Faeron flashed a weak smile, the blush still lacing his cheeks and nodded slightly to Ani who still seemed somewhat awed by the huge dragon.
    Okay... she said quietly, having never flown above gliding to the ground. Today, it seemed, was just the beginning of many firsts. As Ani padded towards Gaelira, Faeron looked on uncertain. As much as he wanted to go with Gem and Gaelira and trust them completely, he didn't want the take the risk of loosing Ani. And if they were separate, well it made their job that much easier. But he forced himself to stay quiet, and ignore the feeling that tugged at the back of his mind.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 pm

“Don’t worry; she’s perfectly safe with Gaelira. You’ll see her again soon, once I've dealt with the home,” Gem said. She smiled. It was no doubt of hers that with a bit of training, he would be a good fighter. All that was needed for him to actually start learning. He wouldn’t fight yet, but he could still learn. Ashlere was about to start, and Gem was the one training her, alongside Auraka, though he did not know it.

“Come on,” Ashlere said. “I’m sure you’re looking forwards to getting out of that home, aren’t you?”

Gaelira chuckled. Then she reached out with one of her big front feet, gently closing the fingers around Ani, not too tightly, just enough to keep a hold of her. “Try not to wriggle,” she said. Then she spread her massive wings and leapt into the sky.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:28 am

Faeron nodded slightly, though still somewhat nervous at the thought.
    "Okay," he said quietly and flashed Ashlere a small smile and nodded.
    "Yeah... I've been there all my life, but there is just to many of us," he chuckled shyly at some of the memories of the place.
    Ani snorted in surprise, but forced herself to stay still knowing with one wrong movement the bigger white dragon could easily squish her.
    Forcing herself to relax, and calming to Faeron's gentle words and promises she relaxed into the loose claws looking down at the trees below, wondering what it would be like to fly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am