Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur)

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur) Empty Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur)

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur) Red_red_red_by_imallergictoyou-d3f2zdn

Basket in hand, the young elf maiden paced her way up the hillside, pausing momentarily to take in the breath-taking view of the valley below. Tucking a loose strand of wild red curls behind her softly pointed ears, she gathered up her skirts and continued up the hulking mountains that resided near the solitude village she lived in. She didn't normally travel this far, not that she was worried of any possible dangers. She had her magic, she had her soul, and it wasn't like anything but humans roamed the area, and only a handful at that. A smile tugged at her full lips, her eyes lifting to the glowing sky as she wandered, collecting the herbs she needed for her healing days. She was in need of more caraway, a useful herb that helped with the common sting of scorpion's, snakes and even the fever. Useful as it was, it was impossible to grow in her garden, liking the damp depths of the caves the mountains offered. Hence the need for the journey.

Leaving the drizzling sunlight, she entered the mouth of the cave at the top of the mountain having searched all the caves and still unable to find the herbs she needed. Though, she had been delighted to find several other rarer herbs that had been on her waiting list. Her green orbs flickered into the badly lighted cave, pausing over the piling branches and other odd items at the far end. Glancing at the rest of the small, stone walls, she noted several piles of bones as well and the oversized skeleton of a dragon. A hand rose to cover her mouth in horror, having never seen such a sight before. It was rare for a dragon to die of such thing, so peacefully and untouched. Even in the human world, many sold bones for everything the mind could create. But that wasn't what held her attention.

Green eyes as wide as saucers landed upon the softly shaded eggs. One, the powerful swirl of deep reds and the one of glowing golden. Her hand outstretched, touching the smooth cold surface of the golden one and watched in shock as it rattled freely before smashing open and the small head of a little dawn dragon appearing. Kasinda blinked in shock, not sure what to do as the little hatchling scurried into her lap and nuzzled it's soft scales into her cheek with bright blue eyes contrasting brightly against it's golden hide.
    She had never thought of being a rider, despite both her mother and father being one. And most likely her brother, but she didn't know. It had been years since she had seen them all.

Hesitantly, she rubbed the top of it's head and felt a smile grow on her lips as it squawked softly.
    "Oh," she whispered, scooping the hatchling into her arms and eyed the other egg in it's stillness "what should we do with you're sibling?" she thought aloud, deciding that it wasn't safe here with no protection and the hunting eyes of humans, she put it in her herb basket with care and stood, ready to head back out despite not having found what she was searching for.

Settling the golden dragon on her shoulder, it curled itself around her neck and sighed with content as they made there way back down the mountain side. Kasinda wasn't sure what she should do, at only 22 years of age, not even an adult in the elven world, she was suddenly thrust into a new world, one she didn't even understand. She had been content with her life, loved living with the humans. They had a need for her gentle hands and healing talents, the words that left her lips were sought and cared for. But now with a dragon, would she have to head back? Back home to the land she no longer wanted to be? Sure, she missed her mother, her father and twin brother. She had left with the purpose of finding her other sibling, her half sibling and bringing him back so that she wouldn't have to read the sadness in her mother's eyes no longer. But with three years of searching, every town and corner of the globe, she had no answers. He was gone, she settled in a small town far from everywhere.

This way she could work in peace, allow her love and kind soul to be shared with every generation to come. And maybe, just maybe find love. Love she so dearly longed for. She wanted a family, children the whole lot, even at her young tender age. But she wouldn't just marry anyone, no she had rules that she had set herself to never break so that she would not be hurt that she had once. And trust the males in the town, many of offers had been made to take her beauty and claim it. But she wasn't to be bought, not so simply.

With a sigh, she entered the small cottage she called home at the edge of the village and placed the basket carefully down on the table and eyed the egg, unsure what to do. But the squeaking of the newborn dragon gathered her attention as it leapt down onto the dirt floors and sniffed around the herbs and bottles that lay everywhere.

"I guess you're hungry," she said mostly to herself, pausing in surprise as the dragon peered up at her and blinked in reply "I'll take that as a yes..."

Though she didn't eat meat, she had recently helped a human who had nothing to pay her with other then the meat he farmed. And though he refused help without payment, therefore she was actually glad for the small bundle of smoked meat she planned on throwing or giving away. Taking a handful, she tossed it into the air and smiled as the hatchling swallowed it whole before curling up onto the bed in the corner of the room.

"Well...that was easy," she mumbled to herself, running a hand though her hair before stepping outside to the fresh spring air.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur) Empty Re: Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur)

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Three years had passed since Kasinda had vanished. And each day had gotten harder and harder for Hybur. He was older now, and he knew that he would have to find out where she was. There had been many female elves who had wanted his attention, to steal him for themselves. But none of them were the one for him, and though it pained each and every one of them to find out that he had no interest in them, he knew who he wanted.
    Now though he knew what he would have to do, and he hoped that his parents would be happy for him to do it. Plus, he like all the others wanted to see Sahar happy again. She missed her daughter and though things were better for Drannor, seeing as Pollae's dragon turned out to be Neldor returned to life, things were not good for the dusk dragons. Everyone needed Sahar back on her feet, and he had talked about this with Xanotter.
    The purple Moon Dragon winged his way down into the castle courtyard of Meadowbrook, they had been away training with Xanotter's kin. He was tougher now, as Faeron had become, when he trained with his kin. Though this pair had hardly had the will to not take the oath that was nearly forced out of them against their parents. It was no good to remember that.
    Of course, the first to see them were Meira and Pollae themselves, as well as their dragons. For it seemed Pollae was visiting home as well. He knew Gem would not be far behind as he greeted his sisters with a hug.

Meanwhile in the castle Gem smiled. “He's back. Hybur's back.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur) Empty Re: Several Years Gone...(Erosaf: Hybur)

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Auraka looked up at Gem at her announcement, smiling easily and leaned back with a relaxed sigh.
    "Finally," he murmured, moving to his feet to peer out the window and saw that indeed his son had returned.

Hugging Gem tightly, he all but ran for the door, hoping that everything was alright. He hadn't been meant to return for a while yet. But after Faeron, it wouldn't surprise him.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Xanotter chuckled as he raised his head to see Gaelira winging her way down to them. His mother it seemed was the first of the older ones to come and see him. She was pleased to see him though confused.

“You came home early,” she said, as Gem and Auraka appeared as well.

Hybur sighed. “No, Gaelira. We ran away like cowards.” He was tired, but he knew they needed to know. His eyes met his parents gazes as well. “Trouble comes, I fear our running might have accelerated that.” Gaelira growled, but said nothing.

“The Moon Dragon elders badly wanted us on their side. So that when they killed the two of you, they would have a way to control the throne,” Xanotter added. “We couln't allow that, thus we fled before making the oath they badly wanted.” He bared his teeth at the thought.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:31 am

Auraka nodded his head slightly at his sons words, even as Rasjar landed beside his mate to greet his own son.
    "We know Hybur," he told him gently "Faeron escaped as well, after 16 years...we know most of what is happening over there."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 am

He sighed as he looked at his parents. This was one of the harder things to talk about. Surely they would have noticed that he did not have his rider's sword yet. “Unfortunately, we left before we finished our training. They were getting too persistent. We are going nowhere near that weyr again for a while.” Nor the island itself.

For a few moments he was silent.

Xanotter spoke now. “We were only planning on passing through here. We heard that Kasinda is missing, and we think we know where she might have gone,” he added, earning a punch from his rider. He chuckled.

Hybur sighed. “We think she might have gone back to Nuban. With your permission, we would like to go there and search for her.” He knew that he had never really shown any interest in her around his parents, but he knew that they likely already knew.

“Should my kin strike though while we are gone, let us know and we will return to help in the fighting,” Xanotter finished.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 am

Auraka nodded at his son's words, having indeed noted the lack of sword on his hip and understood why.
    "When you return, I shall train you myself," he said with a small smile, arm snaking around Gem's waist "and I think many would be happy to hear of your search for Kasinda...Sahar...still isn't the same, despite having two more children now, the loss of her three of her children is still taking it's toll."

He sighed sadly at the mention of his sister, who had two children, but knew indeed the loss of the third triplet had made her struggle that much harder.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:26 am

“Still?” Hybur was surprised, but then again he had not heard from anyone in his family for three years.
    “Afraid so, son,” Gem replied. “Go search for her, I know you'll do what you can over there. Oh let Keya know you're there and that things are not the best here, won't you?”
    “Sure. I'll let her know.”
    Xanotter chuckled.
    “And thanks dad,” Hybur added as he leapt up into his dragon's saddle. They would not stop looking for a while to come.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:50 am

Auraka smiled with a slight nod in goodbye to his son that had just returned, wishing him to best and hoping that he would bring back Kasinda.

"Fly safe," he called

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:23 am

Where will we try first? Xanotter asked. Where shall I blink to?

Nuduien. We'll pass on the message for Keya first. That won't take long.

The purple dragon nodded and then they were gone from the sky.

Sure enough it did not take long to let Keya know. She already knew it seemed.

Then back into the sky they went. She had also pointed them in the direction of the mountains as well.

They continued to fly for a while in silence before Xanotter spoke once more. Is that her? He zoomed in his vision to reveal the girl he had spotted in one of the cottages.

"It's her!" he spoke out loud.

With a small roar, the purple dragon dove towards the lane outside the cottage landing lightly on his feet.

Will she remember me? Hybur thought as he climbed down once more.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:43 am

Kasinda's face was up turned to the sun, the purest picture of loveliness as a smile tugged at her full lips and her eyes opened to relieve their startling green depths.

But as always, the sun had to disappear. Eyes turned, as if to find the source of the block only to land upon the large purple scaled form before her. Her mouth formed into the perfect 'o' and her eyes widened in surprise. But the dragon seemed familiar, at least in colour.
    "Rasjar?" she asked, gathering her skirts and stepped slightly closer to the huge dragon "is it you?"

Rasjar had been her uncle's bonded, a purple dragon in all his glory and the mate of Gaelira. Surely he would not be here...would he? Her orbs flickered up to the figure on the dragon's spine and took a step back in shock. Surely this was Auraka? But there was subtle difference's, even from a distance and ones that many would not even notice.

He was ever so slightly thinner in the shoulders, eyes slightly larger with longer eyelashes. And the dragon, well the dragon had to been younger then Rasjar. It was slightly smaller, barely noticeable and his eyes were for different shade of violet. But overall, he was very similar. Scarily similar.

"I'm sorry, I think I have the wrong person..may I help you rider of the sky?" she asked politely, unsure what this rider wanted and hoped that it wasn't to take away the egg and newborn hatchling that was sleeping inside. But the thought came to soon, the door was smashed open and the protesting squawks filled the air as the golden hatchling scampered outside and up clambered up her billowing skirts, curling itself around her shoulders. A small sound of surprise left her, but she rubbed the golden snout in a calming manner, a slight smile at her lips.

"Hush little one, I'm sorry I left you..."

Her eyes fluttered up to her visitor, having forgotten them at the hatchling actions and instantly froze, expecting the worse.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

The tall elf smiled as he climbed down from Xanotter's back.

“Nay little one, I am not Rasjar, but his son, Xanotter,” the purple male replied. He smiled though, he was as gentle as his father was before him.

“Do you not recognise me, Kasi?” Hybur asked, using the nickname he had not used in a long time for her. He was the only one who ever used that name for her.

He couldn't believe it. It really was her. His attention shifted though when he heard the door open and saw the golden hatchling run out to Kasinda.. “You're a rider?” he asked in disbelief. He knew though what she might be thinking when it came to the hatchling. “Don't I'm not going to do anything when it comes to your dragon. After all, you're in Keya's lands, not my parents.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:01 am

She smiled softly at his words, nodding her head in thanks at his gentle tones.
    "You are very much your father," she commented, rubbing the throat of the golden hatchling who hummed with content.

"Hy?" she asked in shock, studying him in earnest now "is it really you? How have you been!? What are you doing here?"

At the mention of the dragon curled around her, her head shook swiftly in protest.
    "No, no....I just found the egg in the caves of the mountains, this one just hatched for me, I think it's wild..." she said, running a hand though her crazy red curls "come in, how is everyone?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 am

"Ah so you do remember me," he chuckled as he followed her into the house. In comparision to her small living room, he seemed almost mountain like, for indeed he was certainly not the skinny boy he had been last time she saw him. No, now he was extremely well built and he seemed to tower over her. His legs were thick with muscles, as were his arms.

He sat though, and smiled at her. He could see Xan watching through one of the windows intently. he was very much amused. "And I thought it was going to be hard to find you. We've only been in Nuban for a matter of hours." He laughed. "Much the same as when you left, but Drannor has improved a fair bit. All of us believe that it would help Sahar cheer up a lot if you came home. She has gotten worse since you left, and we're worried about her."

He paused. "As for that dragon you have, well, I would not think its wild. If it hatched when you found it, its no wild one. I'd daresay it chose you. There were rumors of eggs left somewhere here that had the Rider's spell on them. I think you found them, purely by chance."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Her slight form seemed over-towered by his muscular build, but she didn't let it hinder her as she moved towards her small, one room hut she called home.

"Father is better?" she asked in surprise, glad to hear it at the same time though. When she had left, it had been hard for all of them. The loss of Neldor, their half-human sibling and everything had just been to much for everyone. But Sahar had been hit the hardest, her heart was so large and full of love and every blow had broken her beyond repair it seemed. And Drannor hadn't seemed much better after the loss of his Neldor.

"There was a dragon skeleton," she shuddered slightly "bigger then even Gaelira....wrapped around the nest. A red egg, which I have in my basket, and a golden one...but this one hatched."
    She smiled slightly at the chirping dragon as it untangled itself from her hair and leapt at the huge purple dragon outside the window.

Settling herself on the bed's edge, she gestured for the only other chair in the room with an elegant wave of her hand and studied him quietly before speaking.

"So you've come to take me home?" she whispered "you've been sent to come and find me?"

She felt slightly hurt that someone had been 'sent' to find her. And as much as she loved that Hybur had come, in more then just the way of friendship, it hurt to know that her own father, her own mother and brother hadn't bothered to try and find her as well.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:40 pm

“No one sent me but my own head,” he said softly. “Believe me they searched for you. All the Sun and dusk dragons were searching for you, Kasi. Including me, though on foot as I had no dragon. Then Xan hatched and I had to go to the Moon Dragon weyr for training. A place I ran away from a few days ago, not wanting to be a part of the vile thing. I haven't finished my training because of that, but who could blame me, if they knew what those dragons are like?”

He smiled at her. “Will you please come back? It would mean a lot to everyone.” Including me, he added in his own head, not sure that it was the right thing to say in truth. Here he was talking to her, and he was the bloody crown prince.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:24 pm

A slight hand rose, tucking a wild strand of red behind her ear and gazed up at his tall form with a slight blush in her pale cheeks at his words. At the mention of her nickname, she sighed at the memories it tugged to mind.

But she cleared her throat, ignoring the rosy blush in her pale cheeks and met his gaze without shying away.
    "I..I have a life here now," she told him softly "I am wanted here, I help these people...I cannot abandon them!"

She studied him from the corner of her lowered gaze, wondering if he wanted her to return. She couldn't care less about everyone else, but if he didn't want her....she wouldn't go. She had always liked him, loved him...? Ever since they had first met. But he was too young, only 4 years younger then her, but he meant everything to her. Another reason why she had left.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 pm

He sighed, knowing this was going to be hard for him to deal with. He couldn't stay here, being a potential heir to his mother's throne. Speaking of... “Everyone's worried about you, and especially Gem. She can't see you what so ever and there seem to be no Minotaur around. Drannor and the others have often asked her and Keya if they can find you that way, but some thing's blocking both of them.” He sighed.
    “Even I was getting to a point of not being able to stand having you away from me any more.” He blinked. Had that just slipped out? He blushed, a rare sight for this particular elf.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 pm

His words stabbed at her heart, every little mention of her past brought back memories and the guilt she felt for leaving them. She didn't want to, but she had to. Her leaving had been best for everyone, including the one person before her.

She was lost in thought until his last words reached her ears and her eyes ran over his blushing features in shock, as if not truly sure what she was hearing.

"You...you...you missed me?" she whispered ever so softly, seeming more vulnerable then ever before.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

He blinked. Had he said that? He guessed his words implied that much, not that it truly mattered to him at the moment. "Yeah, I have missed you. You were away too long that I had to come after you, though my parents don't exactly know thats why I came this way."

He smiled, still blushing.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:43 pm

She smiled hesitantly at his blushing features, stepping closer slowly as if unsure of what she was doing.

Her small hand lifted, the slender fingers landing his his high arched cheekbones and spread against his cheek. She shuffled her weight closer, eyes searching his for something. Something more.

She breathed deeply, her chest heaving with the tension between them and half closed her eyes as she leant in closer. Lips pursed, she brushed them against his, hoping she had thought right.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:23 pm

He knew that there were many things he had yet to even think about doing, but for some of them, he knew they had been locked away within his heart. Only because the one person who would know of those things had been gone for such a long time.

Though he was so much more stronger than he had been when she'd last seen him, when she kissed him the returned kiss was very gentle. His brawny arms wrapped around her gentle, only resting aroudn her, nothing more. He sighed, "You know I have to go back. You should as well, I know my father will train you, he'd never allow you to go to the Moon Dragons, not after the things that Faeron and I have reported of their doings."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm

The kiss took her breath away and as he pulled away, she found her gasping for air quietly and gripping the fabric of his shirt tightly in her slender fingers.

His gentle yet gruff words stirred at her eardrums, but it took a moment to understand what he was saying. Having herself under slightly better control, she pulled herself away with a rosy blush in her cheeks and tucked a loose strand of red curl behind her ear before glancing at the dirt floor at her feet.

"I..I don't know if I can Hybur," she whispered, pleading with him to understand "not that I wouldn't want to, but I won't be welcome any more...I left mother and father in there greatest time of need, and Taeron to. My mother could be dead and I wouldn't even know it Hybur! I've shunned my family, my friends...my old life, they won't welcome me back with open arms and you know it."

But even still she couldn't meet his gaze, unable to bear the resentment that would fill his gaze. She couldn't live with his hatred, she couldn't live without him. The past years she had tried to forget him, barely managing to scrap though with her heart intacked, but now...not now. She wouldn't be the same if he left her standing there.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 pm

"You can still come back. I know that they will be pleased to have you back, Kasi. I know that it will make everyone a lot happier back there." He sighed. "I may have no gift like Taeron or Meira, but I know that our families need you back. My mother misses you a lot, Kasi."

He sighed as he looked down at her. "If things don't work out, you can always come back here, you know that. I won't stop you, nor will I force you to come back." it was a painful thought, going back there without her once more. If he did, then he would have failed the others.

“I told the others I would not come back until I found you, so I can't exactly leave without you, else Sahar will only get worse. So much has changed back there though.” He sighed. “I've had a lot of dealing with the Dusk Dragons of late. I know your father wants you back.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

His words were gentle, a caress upon her broken soul. Her eyes flickered up to his handsome face, a sign of breaking upon her lips as she hesitated ever so slightly.

"I'll come.." she whispered finally, eyes trained on the floor "but...please say you'll stay with me."

Her eyes lifted then, meeting with his and a sadness etched deep within them. The feelings she felt, she needed him to feel, and she was selfish enough to ask for him in return. She had kissed him before, and he had just stood there. Sure, his arms had wrapped around her and the slight pressure had been returned, but when she pulled away he had done nothing, nor had he said anything about that since.

She had never had a relationship before and she was so confused, but she didn't let it show in her tone. She just wanted to be loved and cared for, and hoped that he was the one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am