Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

3 posters

What to do with her -kanchana-

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

What to do with her -kanchana- Empty What to do with her -kanchana-

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 pm

She walked through the halls of her home, knowing that she would have to act soon. There was an elf down in the jail, as well as a human, both which needed dealing with. She knew not though what she would do about them at the moment. She knew that her sister would die, but the humans was another matter. Yet killing her sister had a drawback as well. Her sister was a Dragon Rider, and her dragon was Gaelira's oldest son.

She knew that the punishment for such a defection was death, and she knew how that would come about. They would fight, but this time, she would be wearing her armour. Thought she had shown mercy before, this time she would not do that again. Her sister was nothing to her now, that much she was certain of. Drannor knew the fight that would happen, he'd been in that position once, much as she wished she could forget that.

She would never forgive herself.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

What to do with her -kanchana- Empty Re: What to do with her -kanchana-

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Auraka trailed behind her, worry on his mind as he followed her steps. Her mind was lost, he could tell, because she didn't even see him as she powered past. Not even a look in his direction.

Pulling up beside her, his hand slipped into hers and squeezed it gently.
    "Are you okay Love?" he asked, looking down at her "you seem...lost in thought."

He half-smiled, feeling happier then he had in months and wondered when the children would come. He couldn't wait to be a father, even though he had only found out days before.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:25 pm

She spun around when he spoke, startled clearly. "You know what I am thinking about love? What the hell I'm meant o do with Hycis. We can't keep her in that cell forever, but there is a thorn in the idea of killing her. Her dragon is Gaelira's eldest son. I don't want to insult Gaelira at all."

She sighed. It was not a good idea to anger her dragon. Gaelira was one that could and would hold a grudge when someone angered her if there were good enough reason. "If there were some way to save Terrador..." She sighed. She did not know of one.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Auraka half-smiled as she jumped, knowing he had startled her and squeezed her hand gently in apology.
    "I know love, but I doubt you would offend Gaelira...I doubt you ever could, not matter what you did," he told her softly "but I do agree, it is not fair the dragon much die alongside his rider."

He pondered over it for a moment before remembering something Rasjar had told him.
    "Marcos had two dragons.." he whispered, eyes growing wide "would Gaelira or any of the other dragons know how that happened? As far as I know, they are both alive!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:41 pm

"Is someone talking about me?" asked a voice. Gem looked outside and there landing near the building was the blue dusk dragon himself. "About what happened to Lindan Marcos?"

Gem blinked. "Umm... yes, Rhothilion?"

"Well what exactly did you want to know?" the blue dragon asked. Clearly he was not sure whether he should be there. Indeed a few archers had aimed their bow's at him.

Gem sighed. "Stand down!" she called to them. Then she looked down at the dragon in the courtyard below. "You escaped from him, did you not? When he tried to capture Bronz?"

"I did, but it is a choice that mst be made by the dragon. If the rider does something to them that is very offensive like what happened between Malefore, Bronz and I, then they can severe the bond and find a new rider." Clearly he was not as evil as they all thought. "I would never let him capture her, even though I knew she was on the other side at the time."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Auraka blinked and looked up in surprise, for it was odd to see the dragon they had hunted for so long being friendly, social.

But the dragon's words helped, giving an option to their list.
    "He could chose if he wants to part with his rider," he said to Gem in a off-hand manner "if he wants to leave her and live, or stay bonded and die, the choice is his and Gaelira could not blame us for his death if it was his own choice."

It made sense really, allowing to choose their own path. There was plenty worthier riders out there, but he doubted this kind of thing happened often.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:07 pm

"We can only try and see." She sighed. Things were not going to be easy. "I might go check she's still in there." She smiled. "I'll be fine, but seeing as the trial is later today, well, let's hope she hasn't gotten away."

Smiling she headed out and down to where she knew Hycis and the human were. She blinked then swore loudly. They had gotten out, but it seemed someone must have helped them. The few guards were unconscious, they'd been knocked out, several were bleeding.

Gaelira roared in anger. Someone had gotten in without them all knowing. Someone must have helped from the inside.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Auraka followed, knowing something wasn't quiet right. Or maybe he was just paranoid, could be due to his close encounter with the humans for the past six months. No one could be the same after that time.

At the sight of unconscious guards, he growled with anger and kept his eyes peeled for Hycis, incase she was still around. He couldn't risk Gem.

"Rasjar!" he called mentally "scout the borders, Hycis is loose."

He doubted they would find her, but it was worth a try.

Rasjar nodded his head, leaping into the sky and was instantly worried by Gaelira's cry.

"Gaelira?" he called to his mate "are you alright?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:27 pm

"It might get a little bright down there in a moment," Gaelira called, as she winged her way up into the sky, fiding a spot that put her between the sun and the forest where Anthatal was. Snarling, she seemed to amplify the sun's rays, illuminating everywhere with the glow.

Gem's fist clenched. "I'll have to go ask Sahar if she can have a look at these guys."

A dragon has been where you are, Gaelira told her. See the bent doors to those cells? Only a dragon could ahve done that.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:47 pm

As if reading Gem's mind, the young mother appeared with a grim look on her face, basket of herbs resting over her arm and Cyara's form waddling behind her, forcing her way though the small entry and eyeing the room.

"Cyara told me what happened," she explained, crouching beside the limp men and checked for pulses "well, they are alive...at leas-"
    She cut herself short, pulling something from the neck of the closest elf and gasped, dropping it once again and falling back onto her haunches.

"Monkshood!" she gasped, eyes growing wide and noted the blank looks from the others "a very powerful herb, a very dangerous, powerful herb..poison."

She shook her head, watching the men and noticed the skin growing paler "it was shot into their necks...I must tend to them quickly, or else we might loose them!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:52 pm

"Thank you Cyara." Gem smiled at the great black dragon. "Should have known you'd figure out what was happening." She looked at what Sahar pulled off one of the elves. "I think they've been out for a while. I haven't talked to them since last night." She did not mean to worry Sahar, but this could have happened any time. "Who could know of such a tihng?" she wondered.

"My son!" Gaelira shouted down from where she was. "He was always clever with herbs that did the body now good. Tried to poison my other purple son, Spyro with it once, I managed to heal him, but that frightened the hell out fo me."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Cyara hummed at the thanks, nodding her noble head to Gem before turning back to Sahar with worry. She seemed to know everything that happened in these areas, or at least to do with injuries and healing others. She and Sahar could heal almost anything together.

"Only a herb's master, this is a very tricky herb and very hard to grow, rare as well..." she frowned, trying to see if anything else was included "it seems to have a touch of...Oleander and maybe a bit of Rhododendron, honestly, I have only ever heard of such a mixture. It seems you have a true expert on your hands."

She frowned, but paused.

"Did you happen to get that human's name? I might know him, there are a few human herb masters, of course not as great as the elven ones...but still great."

Maybe that could give some answers to their questions.

At the mention they had been out for a while, she paled instantly and stood swiftly.
    "We need to move them right now! It might already be to late!" she hurried to explain, swiftly giving orders to Cyara who offered a few words of support before ordering another to gather the needed things.

Auraka frowned, tilting his head.
    "Surely a dragon could not do such measures," he said and Sahar paused in her hurried work to nod in agreement.

"Yes, he might of been the minds...but somewhat had to know what they were doing to mix this. No one without a great deal of experience, even with a tactful master, could make this. I think the dragon and maybe the human worked together. Unless, did your sister know much about herbs?"

She directed her final question towards Gem as several stretchers entered the room. Nodding her thanks to the carriers, she hesitated for a moment.
    "I must tend to them now, please let me know what happens."

With that, she disappeared back up the stairs with her dragon.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:16 pm

"From what I have heard, Malefore's thirst for knowledge is insateable. He could well have mastered this in his free time." There was certainly enough time, the dragon was well over 500 years old from what Gaelira had told her. This was not a pleasent thought right now. "Who know's what he could do. Those doors were opened from the outside."

Gem groaned. "Should have known she would have tried something like this. Lindan Marcos was well known for his cunning."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Auraka nodded in agreement, studying the damage done to the now empty cell.
    "We need to find them both, and quickly," he muttered, stating the obvious before standing from his crouch once more.
    "Call a meeting?" he suggested "we need to plan what is next. Then I think we should see if Sahar can wake one of the guards, maybe they know something."

Sahar twirled her hand around, commanding items with her magic to shift closer so she could work without moving anything other then her hands. Not a thing she normally did, but with such a tricking task and a shrinking timeline, she found it useful.

First was removing the needle like points from the necks, therefore halting the stream of poison. It was like a never ending supply, giving more and more until removed. She had to be careful not to prick herself, less she wanted to be poisoned.

Then, with the wisdom of Cyara, she began the difficult task of counter-acting the poison and herbs. But the elf she was working on convulsed suddenly, making her step back in surprise with wide eyes. It had to be the oleander. Once it entered the blood stream, it attacked the nervous system among other things.

A new urgency, she worked until she could do nothing more.

Finally all four men lay still, pale but resting peacefully. Only one, who had been hit two inches apart from the others, had died due to the poison.

A sweat covered Sahar fell into her chair, sighing with relief. She was upset she had lost one man, but having saved the other four, well at least so far they were still alive, she had done well. As Cyara had told her, such a mixture of herbs was unheard of and extremely difficult to stop.

"Auraka, Gem. Sahar has saved four of them, they should wake within the day if they do not pass into the void. She will keep a close eye on them for the next few hours, but hopefully no more will be lost," Cyara called to both Auraka and Gem though the mind link.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:22 pm

"If a dragon was involved and looking at this I can see that Gaelira was right about one having a hand in this, there's no point hiding. Hycis will have gone where we cannot reach her and that is a serious pain. Though one of the gaurds might know something. I hope they do."

Gaelira snorted, stopping illuminating the woods then lowered herself back into the trees. "I could see no dragon or anyone moving while I was up there. They're long gone."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Auraka nodded, hugging Gem tightly and was glad that she was still safe and in his arms.

"We'll keep a heavy look out, just encase they come back," he said softly "and please, don't argue if I am hanging around you all the time, expessionally with the children due soon! I won't loose you Gem, I seem to loose you way to often."

He kissed the top of her head and said "the guards should wake within the day, Cyara says. Sahar, again, used up all of their energy to heal the men, and I have no doubt they'll be fine," he turned to Drannor slightly with a sad smile "I would go to her if I was you...she upset because one of them died, but it was a fatal hit, she knows that.."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:56 pm

"Call me if you need me. I better go see if there is anything I can do for her," Drannor replied. He bowed and then left. He did not take long to find her, though for a moment he struggled with himself and then managed to enter. There was blood in the air, but he was used to it. He moved over to her, knowing she would want him. "Hey," he said softly, pulling her into his arms. "Are you alright?"

Gem chuckled. "I'll be fine." Then to contradict her words, she winced. "Anima." She blushed. "My water just broke." Fantastic.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Sahar lifted her tired, tear stained face and buried it into his chest, hugging him tightly as Cyara hummed in welcome in the corner, resting her green eyes.

"I lost one," she whispered sadly "I should of been quicker! I should of saved him Drannor!"

She knew that it wasn't her fault, Cyara kept telling her. But she couldn't help but feel bad.

Auraka raised an eyebrow in surprise, having rarely heard her use such language. Only once or twice in the ten or so years that they had known each other.
    "Are you alright?" he asked before his mouth dropped, staring at her with wide eyes.

"Sahar!" he called panic, rushing to her side and picking up in his arms, walking carefully towards the healer's rooms.

"Sahar! The babies are coming!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm

"Ssh, I know you tried your best, but sometimes you can't save everyone. You did well, given the circumstances," he said, kissing each tear away. He knew that things were going to be hard for her to accept, but how was he meant to help her accept them? He heard Auraka calling and chuckled for a moment. "Looks like you're needed again, if you're up to it."

Gem winced. "Sorry," she apologised. She knew though that she had no control over this thing.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:37 pm

She nodded, wiping away the tear tracks and forced a smile.
    "Sorry, I'm all...hormonal at the moment, I guess," she whispered and a small chuckle and made to her feet just as Auraka burst into the room, Gem in his arms.

"No need to apologise Gem," she said gently "remember, I have been though this before, and I know how you cannot help these things."

Moving to the spare bed at the end of the room, she gestured for Auraka to place her down before helping her prop up on pillows.

"Now, relax, yell at Auraka if you need to and I'll be right back," she laughed, tugging Drannor's hand with her as she left to room to gather needed objects.

"You can go Drannor, I know how hard it is for you around blood," she said and kissed his cheek "go get the twins from next door, maybe spend the rest of the day with them?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:14 pm

He knew as he let her tug him out of the room that he could have stayed. "its not hers that affects me, but anything that smells like you, Sahar," he told her. "But yes I think I'll stay away this time. Just to be safe." He chuckled. "Might try and teach them how to change into an animal, they should be able to by now, they are old enough."

Gem snorted. "Anima." One of the children kicked at her and she smiled. "As if I'm going to yell at you?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:40 pm

"Sounds good," she said, kissing his cheek one last time "let me know what they are, it will be intresting."

She knew there was a slight chance her her changing into an animal, but Auraka hadn't yet and neither of them remembered their parents doing so. But the fact they were Taror elves made it possible. She reminded herself to talk to Drannor about it later.

Sahar entered the room and chuckled at Gem's words, shaking her head.
    "Trust me, you'll want to...or at least almost break his hand," she said in a knowing tone, as if she knew something Gem didn't yet.

Checking and timing the contractions, she smiled and looked to Auraka and Gem.
    "It seems to be moving along quickly, you'll have a short labour compared to many," she smiled warmly "and soon you'll have three bubbly children."

"Three?" Auraka asked, eyes wide "but..."

Sahar raised an eyebrow, looking at Gem.

"Doesn't he know?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 pm

"I havent exactly.." She scrunched up her face in pain. "Had time to tell him." She gasped. "What with bloody Hycis causing..." Another face. "trouble like she did."
    She shreaked, the pain was definately too much for her. She just could not get them out. "GET. THEM. OUT!"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Auraka's eyes widened as Gem's tone grew louder and her faces more pain-filled and in some cases, damn right funny. But he knew better then to laugh. He had heard stories, enough to know that he had better keep his mouth shut.

Instead he just gripped her hand, allowing her to squeeze as tightly as she wanted too.

Sahar nodded slowly, eyeing Gem with a small crinkle of worry in her brow.
    "Gem...the babies are to big," she explained in a calm tone "we'll need to operate."
    Gesturing to a small pile of herbs, "they'll stop any pain from the operation as well as knock you out...we'll have the babies out and safe by the time you wake up."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 pm

"Enough talking, just do what you have. I think ones drowning!" she gasped. Yes it felt like one was not in the best of wayys. Then one kicked again and she convulsed badly, blood sprayed out of her mouth. "Yuck." She looked at Auraka, hoping this was not going to set him off. Though she had not been there when he changed she still knew what he was at the moment. That she had not missed out on finding out about.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:59 pm