Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

5 posters

We Leave For Distant Shores

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

We Leave For Distant Shores - Page 2 Empty Re: We Leave For Distant Shores

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 am

"Gem," Auraka whispered, relief clear in his tones. He had been missing, alongside her it seemed. How could he not of noticed? He could blame it on the tiredness, and the relief to merely look upon someone with her form and build. And even now, they looked identical. Auraka only knew which was which because of the way she acted, it was clear now.

And the way the sword reacted.

But now worry was drawn to his mind, worry that his wounded and tired wife was about to fight her sister. To the death, as well, he had no doubt.

"Gem," he murmured once again, black orbs peeled against her with worry "don't hurt yourself any more, please..."

But he knew her honour would not allow her to step aside and allow someone else to deal with her. She would, as she always had, soldier on. She was the true Queen of her people, in the way she acted in everyway.

But then his eyes darted to the bloated stomachs, rounded fully to welcome children into their void and he growled under his breath.
    "Do not harm our children Gem," he said softly "or I will not stop to jump in the middle and take a strike for you."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:28 am

“That will not be needed, Auraka,” she replied. She smiled at him for a moment. There was no way she would let her sister hurt the children who were growing inside her. They had been hard enough to keep alive through all the torture Hycis had been putting her through.

Hycis grinned, she seemed pleased at the moment, and her sword came out of its sheath easily. Everyone saw that it was green, and most certainly a Rider's sword. Gem blinked, wishing that it was a trick. But no, it was still there, when she opened her eyes again.

“Where's the dragon?” she asked.

“Hidden away from here. Part of the plan I used to fool the lot of you.” She grinned. “ Come then, sister. Let us see who the next Queen of Anthatal shall be in truth.”

With a reassuring smile at Auraka and the others, Gem stepped forwards, ready to intercept her sister's attack.

Grinning, Hycis hawksong held aloft her blade, and sank into a fencer’s stance. Gem stared at her as if at one demented. Gem was not a fencer. She was a fighter. Her blade was heavy, and she swung it purposefully. There was no feinting in her technique, no parrying. Thrusting was all she knew, and she did so, aggressively.

But her opponent was not a soldier. The younger elf was lighter on her feet than Gem, and faster, too.

That much became evident when Gem, irritated by Hycis' bouncing back and forth upon the balls of her feet, wielded her blade in an arc meant to lop off her opponent’s head. Hycis easily ducked the swing, and laughed triumphantly as she danced away from Gem, unscathed.

“Getting tired, sister?” Hycis teased.

“Tired of watching you bob about like a puppet on a string,” Gem growled in response. “Why don’t you stand still, Hycis?”

“So you can run me through? I think not.”

Several times Hycis' sword came very close to cutting off Gem's head, but she always dodged at the last second.

Anyone could see that gem was tiring already, that it was harder and harder for her to lift her heavy sword. What could she have been thinking, challenging someone in her condition?
    And yet Hycis’ skills with a weapon were nothing compared to Gem’s, war-weary as she was. Had Gem not been suffering from that injury to her sword arm, she would have felled the younger elf in a single blow…or at least, that’s what she told himself.

Anyone would have thought she was the weaker one, but it appeared that in strength, the two were thus equally matched…until, of a sudden, Hycis began to fade. Gem, with a burst that indicated that she’d only been conserving energy throughout the fight, pressed her adversary back against the wall of the room. Then there was a clatter and Hycis' sword fell to the ground. She couldn't bring herself to do it though. She could not kill her sister.

Both were bloody and torn in more than one place from the fight, but as she had promised,nothing came close to where the children were.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:35 am

Auraka watched on with worry, the others around him forgotten as he watched Gem and her sister battle.
    Following the blur of parries and strikes easily, his advanced eyesight giving him no problems at watching the fast-paced battle.

Several times he had to stop himself from leaping into the midst, worried for Gem and his children, but knew it was best Gem handled it herself. Never would she intentionally harm herself. Then again, she had never lost a battle, other then against himself.

As the green sword dropped to the floor, both bodies panted and Gem had her sword pointed at her sister. But he knew she wouldn't kill her. Knew that she couldn't kill her.

"Let the council deal with her Gem," he whispered smoothly "you don't have to kill her now."

His orbs ran over her bleeding form, small cuts and bruises forming all over. But, true to her word, none had touched her stomach. Which was surprising, due to its large size. She had to be due soon, and he wished he could of been there for her during it.

"Come on Gem, let's get you to the healer's."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:25 am

“I don't know why I can't finish you off, as much as you deserve it. You definitely fooled a lot of people, but you would never have been able to fool them once I stepped in, Hycis.” That was something she was extremely thankful of. Slowly she lowered the white sword, though it was once more covered in blood. She was shaking from the exercise she'd put herself through, but it had been worth it. She knew she'd used all the strength she'd had in the fight, and that had been not much to begin with.

Corellon fell to the ground as she let go, unable to hold it any more. She had never thought she would come to this, almost killing her cousin. “Looks like you might get another chance at me, though Drannor know's what that one will be like. You won't stand a chance, I'll have all my strength back when that happens.”

She looked at Drannor. “Can you pleased get her out of here?”

He nodded, then moved forwards resting one hand on Hycis. “Come with me.” At first she tried to refuse but he growled, and forced her out of the room. He knew what to do with her this time. He was going to the same jail he was the one in charge of, the other Hawkblades would not let her out, he would ensure that.

It was not long before he came back into the room where the others were, but as he did, Gem fainted.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:33 am

Auraka caught her in his arms before she could hit the floor, cradling her to his chest he looked to Glenawing quickly.
    "The meeting will continue on later in the week," he said gruffly, before he was out the door with his injured mate and in the healing wing.

One thing he did not expect to see, was his sister.

"Sahar?"

The red haired elf lifted her head at the name, smiling warmly at the tones of her brother but instantly frowned at Gem in his arms.
    "Oh my! What happened?"

Swiftly moving Gem into a bed, she looked over the wounds with a practised eye.
    "She'll be fine...and the children," she said to her worried sibling "I'll just patch her up the best I can and let her rest, she might be out of it for a while."

Auraka nodded with relief, falling heavily into the chair, unable to make himself leave. He wouldn't be going anywhere until he knew she was awake and well.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:51 am

She was tired, anyone could see that at the moment. There was nothing that had been more painful for her, and she knew that many scars from the main battle with Lindan Marcos had opened in the fight with her sister, but that had been inevitable. She knew that the healers would be able to get her better though. All she needed herself was plenty of sleep. Oh she was tired, but she knew that she could not stay in bed all day long. That was something she knew. She had to figure out how much trouble exactly Hycis had caused while she'd been in that cave. One that was over with it would be easier to deal with Hycis at the trial.

That was something she was looking forwards to. She hoped though that Elanil was safe, it seemed unlikely. There had been quite a few people on Waenen Island when she had escaped, but she had not had the time to check that her other sister was not a prisoner as well. She had been too concerned about the safety of the rest of her people to spend any more time on Waenen Island. The Dragon City would need rebuilding there, as would the Dragon Riders. That was something she would see to before they left Nuban. She knew that things would happen in time, but that it would take a while to get things back the way she had planned for them to be.

Two hours after she had fainted she woke up once more, but she was not sure what to think of the things that happened. She knew what had happened between Auraka and Hycis, though she could not blame him. “Drannor should not have stopped you yesterday. Would have saved me from having that fight with her, though in a way I'm glad he did. I know you thought it was me, and I can't blame you, she fooled a lot of people.” What had happened was in the past now, she was back and he knew that. “I am surprised though that you're still here waiting for me, Auraka. The smell must be aggravating you.”

Keya sighed. What was she to do? Come back later? Maybe. But for the moment, she would remain here, until her cousin had recovered enough to deal with Hycis. “I should have known it was Hycis. Hycis never liked me, seeing as she was being raised to be my father's heir should I have never been found. But then I was found, and well, lets say she's not liked me since.”

She grimaced at the thought. Her life was her own though, and she had much to do. Her family's honour had fallen with her father's increased hatred of the elves, and it had fallen to her to rebuild things. The red haired half elf, the only one of her kind sighed, resting her head in her hands. For a moment she looked at Glenawing, she had not gotten over him at all. She felt all in all too young to be the new leader of the humans. But she knew it was a position she had to take, as it was rightfully hers.

It would be a hard thing to do when the elves left Nuban. For now though she could count on Gem's help. How long for, she knew not, but she hoped when they left, she would be able to look after her people on her own.
    dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Post  dragonknight1400 Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:05 am

A hooded figure walked through the hallways. No body seemed to notice him and that was good. Noone could know he was back before the queen did. he walked into the meeting room and found only Keya there. he could talk to her later he just hoped she didnt notice him. the fact that she was here could only mean one thing; Marcos was dead. He sniffed and detected the smell of blood; there was a battle here recently. He marched into the health wing to the bed with Gem in it. He stopped at trhe endand waited to be noticed. "Does the damage incapacitate you, Majesty?"
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 am

“I had no choice but to do the things I just did, Auraka. Saved everyone, again.” She sighed. She wished that there was no more fighting to happen, but she knew that as a warrior, she had no choice but to fight for things when needed. For now though, Corellon would return to its sheath, and stay there for a while. There would be no more fighting for her, and she knew that. She had had enough war for a good time now. “I've done everything I had to for my people. But why does it not feel like its enough.”

She sighed. Things always seemed that way for her at the moment. Then her eyes moved to the figure entering the room behind Auraka. She knew almost immediately who that was standing there. “Where the hell have you been Tirach.” she was not pleased with him for vanishing. “You have some explaining to do.”
    dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Post  dragonknight1400 Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:49 am

how she knew it was him he wasn't sure. he could hear her displeasure in her voice. "Your majesty i have been away for ..... personal reasons. YOu are the only ones to know of my return. Not even Corath knows and you know how hard that is to acheive." He looked around and saw Gem's sword in its sheath. Blood shone around the lip. "So it was you who was in battle Gem."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:55 am

She stared at him for a moment. Then she shook her head. “You should know by now that you can't hide from me that easily. I knew you were coming the moment you set foot inside the hall.” She tapped her forehead. “Foresight remember? Don't run away like that again.” She sighed, thinking of the other thing that he mentioned.

“Yes, it was me, against my traitor of a sister Hycis. We had a fight, she has done some things things that are not exactly forgivable.” She thought for a moment. “Like stealing me away from my tent after I killed Lindan Marcos and locking me in a cave. Having me tortured so she could steal all the memories I have of home so she could fool them into thinking she was me.”

She paused.

“I only arrived back two hours ago and set things straight. We fought, but though it was meant to be to the death, I couldn't kill her. I showed her mercy when she I know she would not have done so. She's not my sister any more, she's Lindan Marcos' daughter now. Though she has no claim to his throne, that is Keya's by right.”

Hycis was safely down in the dungeons, Drannor had popped in to let her know that.
    dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Post  dragonknight1400 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:02 am

he chuckled and smiled a slight smile. "And here I thought I had found a way around that." He lowered his hood and rolled his neck. The last time they had seen him his face was as perfect as theirs but now a thin scar traced his jawline. and HIs eyes seemed brighter. "YOur majesty nobody knows i am here not Corath not the Siron FOrce and I'd like to keep it that way for a while....I'm not sure but Keya might have noticed me in the meeting hall. Anyway until i have regained my bearing in civilization i cannot be called upon....unless it its very urgent."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 am

“I'm afraid people will find out, Tirach. I wouldn't be surprised if Glen didn't see you coming in as well. He was in the same room as Keya, and I do not think he was the one deep in thought. Keya was busy thinking so you might have avoided her, unless her own foresight saw you as well. Again though, I don't think she'll say anything to anyone. I trust her.” Was a sorry day when one trusted a cousin more than their own sister.

She sighed. Things were hard for her at the moment. “There won't be much time left here though I'm afraid. We're leaving Nuban, Tirach.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:19 am

Glenawing

He looked at Gem still angry and he scowled, "Why would you leave a thorn in your hand Gem and let it fester you should have killed her when you had the chance." he looked at Tirach grinning, "Always late as usual General?" and he shot an angry glance at Auraka, with his hand still on his blade.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 am

His eyes shot up, locking with hers before sighing with relief.
    "Thank the gods," he murmured, quickly moving to her side and grasping her hand in his "how are you feeling?"

His free hand rubbed his forehead, shaking it gently and looking upon her with sad, lost eyes.
    "I'm sorry...." he whispered "I didn't want to do it in the first place, and I nearly almost did..."

Shaking his brown head once more in response, he half-smiled having not even noticed the mouth-watering scent until she mentioned it.
    "I honestly didn't even notice," he mumbled, kissing her forehead.

His head lifted and silenced his next words, drawn at the entrance of Tirach and merely followed the conversation between him and his wife.

At the mention of leaving Nuban, he frowned. This was news to him, due to his kidnapping and several months in isolation he knew little of what was happening these days. Hell, he didn't even know that he had kids on the way until yesterday, well actually they were Hycis's kids, but Gem was pregnant as well.
    His mind was so confused, but he pushed the questions aside for a later use.

Then Glenawing entered and the tension filled the air, a glare rising in Auraka's gaze as they landed on the hand rested on the pommel of the sword.
    "Time and place Glenawing," he muttered "and this is not the time, nor the place."

dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Post  dragonknight1400 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 am

"Well if im not late how will you recognize me? Now, are you really going to fight in the Health wing?" he scratche his scar. "Gem I can ONly assume that we are leaving because Marcos is dead?" His twisted around, there was a noise....
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 am

“Glenawing, you don't realise do you that this is the first time I've seen her in thirty nine years? How was I meant to know she would end up being like she is?” Gem shook her head. “And I have to agree as well, there is a time and a place for a fight. Now is not the time nor the place.” She grimaced. Then she looked at Auraka. “I'll be fine. I'll heal fast enough.” She smiled at him. There was no doubt she wanted everything to just calm down for once.

It was then Drannor happened to come into the room. “She's safely locked away, Gem,” he said. “I honestly don't know why she fooled even me.” He was smiling though, he at least did not have anything spiteful to say to anyone, but that was the way he had always been since he'd first come to Anthatal.

“Don't worry about it, Drannor. Though the idea of Hycis being a rider is an issue. We can't kill her without killing the dragon. Any idea if the dragon is the same mind as her?” She sighed. There was so much to consider when she had to make choices, but she knew someone had to make those decisions. And it was always her that had to.

“No, he's not. She's completely blocking him from her, and I met him on the way back. He's a good dragon, much more likeable than, begging your pardon, your sister.” Drannor shook his head. “Green dusk dragon. Terrador is his name. He's one of Gaelira's children. He seems much like your father's dragon Bjart.”

“NO offence taken. I know what you mean.” She smiled. She glared at Glenawing. “What right do you have to tell Tirach off! Only I have that right, or Auraka! Not you!”

She looked at Tirach. “We are leaving because I think our time here is over.” She looked at Glenawing. “I think Keya needs to talk to you.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 am

Glenawing

His eyes narrowed angerly, as he looked at Gem, "I will fight when I wish and where I want," he paused and sighed, "I'll go talk to her."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:42 am

Auraka sat in silence, following each of the conversations and chatted mentally with his bonded, Rasjar.
    I agree with Drannor, the green dragon is not bad, Rasjar added which Auraka repeated out loud.
    "Rasjar thinks the...'green dragon' is nice, which is odd normally he is jealous of Gaerlia's sons and daughters," he said and broke into laughter as Rasjar roared with protest.

But he fell in silence at Glens words, glaring at him as he spoke harshly.
    "Do not speak to my wife that way," he hissed, shifting to his feet and towering over the other elf "now go, or I will fight you for her honour."

Sahar entered the room with a swish of her long skirts, her long red hair pulled back into a tight bun and the lines on her face making her seem a lot more then her 19 years, almost 20 years. The young mother seemed tired, but not of her healing job nor from her children, but the rentless months of torture she had endured.
    "How are you feeling Gem?" she asked, ignoring the others in the room but favoured Drannor with a smile "I've stitched up those wounds, mostly the one on your shoulder...you still need to rest, I'm not strong enough at the moment to heal it completely."

dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Post  dragonknight1400 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 am

that noise, what was it? it sounded familar. He seemed to be the only one that could hear it but he wasn't surprised he hadn't been subjected to loud battle over the past months. The noise sounde like it was coming from the window. He walked towards it cautiously.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am

She sighed, resting on hand on Auraka. “Calm down. He's said things like that before, I've learnt to ignore him.” She was annoyed though. “But he does have a point, Glenawing. You do not have the right to talk to me like that. Now go and talk with Keya!”
    She sighed, this really was a fine mess she'd come home from. She saw Drannor smile back at Sahar when she entered. “Thank you Sahar, for doing what you can.” She smiled at her red haired friend. She knew that Sahar was her sister in law, but did things like that truly matter all the time? Not really. Sahar had always been a sister to her, even before she met Auraka.

Keya sighed as she sat in the roon, she did not notice everyone else leaving, she was too deep in thought at the moment. What was she meant to do?
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 am

Glenawing

He looked at Auraka, "I've been fighting for her for longer then you've known her." he looked at Gem, "Then you have no right to to call me a friend Gem." he walked away to Keya.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:05 am

Auraka breathed though gritted teeth at Glenawing's words, but ignored him. Though it was hard.
    He trusted Gem's judgement, and refused to rise to the bait. He needed to be the bigger person, the one to rule with a level head at all times. Gem needed that, her people needed that.

Sahar smiled, shrugging her shoulders.
    "It's what I do Gem," she said simply, giving her hand a squeeze before turning to the people crowded into the room.
    "Please remember this is a healing centre, keep your voices down and allow Gem to rest if she sys so, she should be anyways!" she said firmly, nodding to Drannor once more before turning on her heel and leaving the room.

dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Post  dragonknight1400 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:08 am

He looked back at the others they seemed calm. He reached the windo and slowly un latched it.Calmly reaching out he grabbed cloth and pulled it inside with a loud crash. when he looked at what he had pulled in he saw a man.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:14 am

"You go too far," Gem muttered, clearly that last sentence from Glenawing had hurt. He was her freind, but he did not seem to understand that there were some things he had not control over at the moment. "To think I was going to give you something when we reach the new land," she muttered. He was going to be one of the ones in control of a weyr, but right now, things did not look good.

She sighed, as she relaxed a little. Then there was a thump and her head spun in the direction Tirach was in. "What on earth..." A human? "What the hell are you doing in my city!" she growled, glaring at the human.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 am

Glenawing

He saw Keya, he still loved her and he walked to her and lookd at her calmly and said, "You asked for me?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:52 pm