Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Betrayed [Kanny only]

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Betrayed [Kanny only] Empty Betrayed [Kanny only]

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm

She was furious right now.
    To think after all they had gone through together, Glenawing was turning on her.
    And it was all over her supposedly losing her trust in him?
    Pathetic.
    It was something that infuriated her, and she knew that losing the Dawn Dragon Weyr was a serious blow.
    One that would need dealing with soon.
    Not only that, he wanted Auraka dead, and also so did her sister.
    Well, Hycis had another thing coming if she thought she could kill Auraka.
    She would fight her sister herself once more, and this time she would give no mercy.

She was completely outraged that he would do this to her, and to think she had trusted him enough to give him lordship over an entire island.
    There would certainly be bloodshed over this.
    And yet she knew that she would have to plan quickly, for they only had one week before the battle began.
    It was small comfort enough that Keya sided with her and not Glenawing, for she knew that Keya had lost many men of late.

Drannor she had already contacted, and she knew he was preparing his weyr for war.
    She had sent words to the Day Dragons and the Moon Dragons, and knew that they too were on the way.

Drannor sighed as he heard the message that one of the other weyrmen had for him. A Sun Dragon had come, and she was bearing ill news for him from Gem.
    He grimaced, pulling on his tunic, for they had only just woken up. Duty called, as always.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Betrayed [Kanny only] Empty Re: Betrayed [Kanny only]

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Auraka sat beside his furious wife, watching the emotions pass across her face with something crossed between worry and amusement. Never had he seen such a range of things cross over her calm exterior, but something seemed to have pissed her off. To the extreme.

"Gem?" he asked softly after a moment "are you okay? What's happened?"

Sahar rolled over lazily in bed, blinking as she took in Drannor's already dressing form.
    "What now?" she moaned softly, rubbing her tired eyes "what's happened now?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:39 pm

“You just rest, love. I'll be back. Messenger from the Sun Weyr.” He sighed. “I'll go see what Gem wants this time, won't be long.” This was something that he knew he had to attend to. It did not bode well for a Sun Dragon to come this early in the morning. What on earth was going on?

“Glenawing.” She growled the word. “Foolish man. Seems to have learnt nothing in the long years he's known me.”

She sighed, looking over at him. “He plans to strike at us, at you. And at me.” She growled. “He apparently wants you dead, which is not going to happen, he'll have to get through me first. Not only that, Hycis and her men are allied to him in this. Oh and the small issue of Keya not being about to fight at all, she has but a hundred men left, after the months of fighting Hycis has imposed upon her.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm

"This early?" she questioned sleepily, blinking the sleep from her eyes and sighed softly "the sun isn't even up Drannor...it cannot be good. If it something about Gem...or anyone, please let me know."
    She reached up and kissed his cheek gently.
    "Stay safe."

Auraka blinked, not at all surprised that Glenawing had done such a thing. He knew they had always had their differences, but he had never gone out of his way to harass the man. He was respectful until he said something that needed a reply, or was directed rudely at Gem. But he didn't want the man dead and would never put a death wish over his head.

"I see," he said softly, fist clenching until he forced it to relax "I guess we have lost the support of all Dawn Dragons?"

He breathed and ducked his head, saddened at the thought of his people being put though war once more, and this time at the pathetic faults of there own.
    "Hycis and Glen wont take her out as well? They might true, meaning they'll have the whole world to rule...I wouldn't put it past them."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 pm

“For some reason he does not want me harmed, when he knows I will never give up my title, even if they did somehow manage to kill you. Only my death will take that from me,” she told Auraka. “I already know what's coming, though they are trying, futile as their attempts are, to hide it from me until its too late.”

She sighed, thinking for a few moments. “I've already sent riders out to the other weyrs, asking for them to come and help, seeing as it is by right their duty should I call.”

There was no chance she was going to lose anything.

He sighed kissing her cheek in return. “I know nothing seems right there. The sun not being up for one thing.” He sighed. “Back soon.”

Then he hurried off towards where the dragon rider and sun dragon were, standing nervously in his weyr.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:28 pm

"He still loves you, despite Keya," he muttered under his breath "he always has Gem, and you know it. I beat as soon as he kills me, if he ever does, he'll be here to 'comfort' you and take my place as Prince Consort."

Sahar watched him go, a crinkle in her brow the only sign of worry on her pale face. Sighing, she leant back into the pillows and studied the roof, noting that the sun was indeed not rising yet.
    Unable to sleep any longer, she pulled herself from the bed and drew the mottle green dressing gown around her frail shoulders, padding downstairs and into the kitchen, making herself a cup of warm herbal tea.
    Once made, she sat heavily by fireplace and sobbed softly.

She missed her Lydir. She missed her newborn baby boy. No news had come about her stolen son, and it seemed as if they would never find him again. Sahar wanted more children, she had always wanted a large family when she had grown up as an orphan, but...her baby was missing.
    "Oh Lydir," she sobbed, curling into a ball on the lounge and wiped the tears from her cheek, but more kept on coming.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:35 pm

She knew what he had said, even though she knew she was not meant to have been able to. Again, like it had on the way to Nuduien before battle, her body started to shake, badly. It really was quite painful, and she stared at him with wide eyes.
    What was happening to her?

Drannor sighed as he heard the man out. “We'll be there in two days,” he told the rider. The sun dragon took off once more.
    He quickly headed back to where they slept, though at not seeing her there, he turned and headed through their chambers until he found her. “What's wrong?” he asked, wrapping his arms around her.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Auraka's eyes widened with hers, his mind instantly clicking with what was happening to her.
    "Gem," he said gently "Gem, you need to calm down love."

Sahar instantly curled into Drannor's arms, loving the warmth and comfort he radiated.
    "My son," she whispered "our son...he's still missing Drannor! Lydir...I feel so guilty living here, like this without him!"

She pulled away slightly, rubbing the tears from her eyes and peered up at his handsome face.
    "Why did the Dragon come?" she asked instead.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:54 pm

She stared at him, not being able to figure out why he was telling her to do so. She couldn't anyway. It was something that did not seem to happen at all. Something wanted to get free, and she had no idea what. Though she was struggling to try and do what she said, it turned out to be for naught.
    For a few seconds later, instead of her, there was a huge roar and a black panther stood in the room, tail flicking angrily. She stared down at herself. What the hell?

Drannor sighed. “Keya is still searching for him, love.” He looked up at her other words though. “Gem has trouble coming. One of her visions told her that Glenawing is going to turn on her. She calls for help, I told them that I would be there, with our weyr, within two days.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Knowing she was to far gone, Auraka stepped slightly further back with a pained expression, wishing he could help in some way.
    "Gem?" he asked, peering down at the black cat with worry "are you okay? Just breath love...you're obviously more Taror then we thought.."

Sahar nodded slightly.
    "I know...but it is still hard," she whispered then gasped loudly "why? Why would Glen do that to Gem and Auraka?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:07 pm

“Because he hates Auraka's guts.” Drannor said the words without too much annoyance. “He thinks its time that there was a new leader, he even managed to convince Hycis to join him in this conquest. Those Dawn Riders cause more trouble than they are worth.” Clearly he was not pleased about this. “He wants Auraka dead, but Gem is not to be harmed. If she feels anything like I do about you when it comes to Auraka, Glen'll find that he has to go through her as well.”

She growled, not understanding for a moment. Then she gasped. Her? From Taror? It couldn't be. She padded over towards him, amused in some ways. He was a white lion, she was a black.. she circled herself.. panther? How odd. Opposite colours. How was she meant to change back?
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Sahar gasped softly at her husbands blunt words, but knew it was the truth. She hugged herself tighter to Drannor's chest.
    "What of there children?" she asked softly "they will be safe?"

Auraka half smiled at her reaction and guessed many of the questions upon her lips.
    "You are beautiful," he murmured, rubbing the dark pelt of her head "I'm guessing you want to know how to change back?"
    "Picture your human form, in all his beauty and anylise every inch," he whispered, kneeling by her head "and you'll return back to me."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:27 am

Drannor sighed. "There was nothing mentioned about the children. But you can rest assured she will not let anything happen to them. After all, one of them is our future queen." He smiled at her, knowing there was much to be done. Out in the corridor, they could hear Neldor giving orders to the other dragons, and that the other dragons would be telling their riders. There were at least five hundred strong dusk dragons that could fight, and another three hundred that were not quite old enough. "Can I get you to head over with the children as soon as day comes? Gem should have some warning that a lot of Dusk Dragons are about to come to a place where they are not so welcomed."

Gem sighed, thinking about what he was saying. It took longer than normal for her to manage to change back. "What the hell was that all about? None of my family is from Taror."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 am

She breathed a little easier when he spoke of the children.
    "Still, maybe they should be hidden...they are to young to defend themselves."

At his request, she nodded.
    "Will you be coming ?" she asked softly "the twins shall wake soon..Cyara shall fly us over."
    Cyara hummed in agreement as she padded closer, blinking sadly at the happening news.
    "War is coming again," she whispered.

"Obviously more then we thought," he said gently "only pure Taror elves, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was just an added bonus for ruler."
    He pulled her tightly into a hug and kissed her forehead.
    "It seems our children will shift after all," he grinned.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:21 pm

"it will not be our end but theres," Neldor told Cyara. "Those Dawn Dragons have done too much now to avoid being killed now." He knew that the other Dusk Dragons did not truly understand why they were helping the Sun Dragons, but they knew not to argue against him. He was the Weyrleader's dragon afterall.
    Drannor sighed. "Indeed. She will already have a plan in place to keep their children safe," he replied. "I come witht he first wave of Dusk Dragons, tonight at sundown."

Gem blinked. "But how? I know my mother's family is not from Taror, but father never did mention a shifter on his side either." She frowned. Who had not told her the truth there?
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 pm

"There fate is led by the one who rules them, you know that Neldor," Cyara replied wisely with a slight tilt of her black head "it would be the same with all of own kin."

"Tonight?" Sahar whispered "it starts tonight?"
    She hugged him tightly, having thought they would of had slightly longer before it started, but obviously not.
    More emotions bubbled up, but she forced them down. All she had ben since they had gotten here was an emotional mess, Drannor didn't need that at the moment.

"I have no idea love, we will have to figure that out later," he said gently "it seems we have another war to prepare for."
    He kissed her gently before pulling away "try not to think about it," he suggested.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

"No, we have a week. But its best to get everyone there as soon as we can. Glen's giving us a week and then he strikes. More than enough time to put our dragon's talents to good use, I should think."
    Neldor chuckled. "They may find a little more icy weather than normal when they do strike. It might be winter, but my kin are at their peak during that time."

She sighed. "You know Drannor will know as soon as he gets within range of me. At least i know they will not come until nightfall, though Cyara could show up any time." She knew this was not going to be easy. She moved now though, heading towards the hole in the cave wall that served as a window she could check on everyone else on the island through.
    People were moving towards the weyr, her people.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Sahar nodded, glad that they would at least have a little more time before the daunting war was once more upon them. Forcing herself to calm down and seem stronger before her husband, she hated being seen as the weak person she was. She could deal with blood and gore, so long as she was on the healing side of things and wasn't fighting it herself. But her heart was to big, caring and loving after those she barely knew. Gosh! When Drannor had been a vampire, she wouldn't even let him hunt animals, rather have him drink from her.
    "A week we have....will Cyara fight with you?" she asked softly, green orbs flickering to where her small dragon rested beside her mate.
    "Not unless I am needed," she hummed gently, turning her head to Neldor "will I be needed love?"

Auraka bowed his head in agreement, knowing perfectly well what his brother-in-law was capable of.
    "But he will not ask, at least not yet...more pressing matters are upon us Love, and he knows that," he said "just stay calm..and try not to shift in front of anyone, they might not understand just yet..."
    He followed her to the window, peering out over the approaching people and sighed softly, kissing the top of her head.
    "This move was meant to keep peace," he whispered sadly "hopefully no more wars will be fought after this."
    He tugged her tighter to his side, as if he could protect her as she stood there.
    "And don't worry about me, Glen won't get a chance..." he said, knowing she would be worried about losing him.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Neldor sighed. “That remains to be seen, Cyara.” It was something he was not looking forwards to. He was so much older than her, and to lose her would be too much for the Dusk Dragon. “I would hope that you will not have to fight, my dear. Only Gem can say for certain at the moment though.”
    Drannor sighed. He knew that the time for battle was coming once more. “You two best go. It will not be long before sundown, and there will be too much discomfort for the Sun Dragons if you're not already there. Gem knows we're coming, but still, she's waiting for you.”

Gaelira growled. “Glenawing will not get near either of you, Auraka,” she said. “Not if I have any say in it.” There was no chance she was going to just let him fly past. She took to the skies herself now, and started to fly over the walls. She was off to see what needed doing in the week they had.
    “He's not going to be able to fight you, Auraka. Just the mere sight of Gaelira will send those Dawn Dragons running, and I know that we have reinforcements coming in from Nuban as well. Keya sent her regards, and I know that will deter Glenawing. He fancies here, though she has fallen for one of the humans, not that he is aware of that.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Cyara eyed her mate with sad eyes, knowing that something in the future would bring them apart. She didn't know what, but as many before her and many like her, she had a feeling for forbid and knew something bad was coming. It might be the upcoming war, but she knew it was something more.
    "I hope you will not fight either," she said softly, blinking her soft greens and sighed, turning her attention to her broken hearted rider "and so does Sahar.."

Sahar nodded sadly, kissing her husband a final time and went to ready the twins, who were silently packing their bags and held none of their usual chatter and playful selves.
    "Smile, my darlings," she said softly, kissing their foreheads "for we still have a future ahead, and this will be over again soon."

Auraka smiled softly at Gaelira's words, nodding his head in agreement.
    "I have no doubt you will Gaelira," he chuckled gently and hugged Gem to his side "Keya fell for another?"
    He snorted slightly "about time she saw sense..."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Gem chuckled as she looked at Auraka. “Yes, one of her human guards. I'll be talking to her about that later though, there is much we have to speak about.” She grinned though. She was happy that her cousin was refusing to stand by Glenawing. It was something that was terrible for her to worry about at the moment.

He sighed, looking at the others. Both of them knew something bad was coming for them this time, but they knew that they would do their best to live to see another day. When Sahar kissed him one last time, he returned the gesture before heading off himself to ready his men. There were many dragons, and he had to speak with every single one.
    Plus there were runners to send to the towns here, so that the people could make their way to the weyr. Every dragon would carry threee elves to the Sun Dragon Weyr directly. All his warriors would be there in the two rounds that meant.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Worried as she was, she still managed to follow Drannor's orders and got the children onto Cyara's back with ease, glad they were behaving today.
    "Let's go Cyara," the beautiful elf murmured, tucking a wild strand of hair behind her ear as they leapt into the sky. Her green gaze strayed to Drannor following his movements until he was no longer able to be seen.

A soft shy escaped her, and Cyara hummed gently to her.
    "He will be fine, my dear," she said softly, trying to comfort her worried rider "as will Neldor, they will both be fine."

Auraka grinned softly, glad that Keya had finally seen sense and looked into the sky, deep in thought as a black dragon came into view.
    "Sahar is here," he informed Gem, waving an arm as the small dragon dropped, landing gently on the front yard.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Gaelira chuckled as she saw her friend coming down, roaring a greeting to her as she came. The other Sun Dragons knew not to attack anyone she greeted in such a friendly manner.

Gem smiled, heading out to them. “It's good to see all of you again.” She had been busy at the moment, but that was only to be expected. “I'm surprised Neldor's not with you as well.” She knew though that he was busy as was his rider right now.

The weyr was alive with activity, Riders were coming and going on their great dragons, coming in, taking messages from place to place.

It was almost like the inside of a busy beehive.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Cyara tossed her scaled head in greeting to her large friend, smiling softly at Gem before replying.
    "He is with Drannor, they are gathering themselves for war," she said softly, ducking closer to the ground so Sahar and the twins could get down from her back easily.

The twins, as always, ran to hug their uncle and aunt tightly. Though, not there normal playful selves, they found themselves in higher spirits at the thought of spending time with their cousins once more.
    Sahar looked worn, despite her young age, she looked much older then she truly was. The beautiful red head seemed thin and ragged, as if she was ready to fall over at any moment. Her bright green eyes were surrounded with red rings, a tell tale sign of the tears earlier on.

Auraka blinked at his sisters condition, having never seen her quiet so...fragile.
    "Sahar?" he whispered, leaving Gem's side for a moment and hurried to her side, wrapping an arm of support around her waist "Sahar are you okay?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:32 pm

“I should have known that he would sned you ahead,” Gem said, smiling at Cyara. That was something Drannor was well known for, the ability to plan ahead. “I was going to go somewhere else at the moment, to hide my children, though I know that it is not going to be needed. There is no way Glenawing is going to take any of my family from me. Better safe than sorry though.”

She smiled hugging Taeron and Kasinda. “Gon on in you two, those thress know you're here.” she grinned at her niece and nephew. There was much to be seen to at the moment.

At Auraka's worried tone though, she looked over. “What's wrong Sahar?” She was as concerned as he was.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:23 am