Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

The beginning

Little lost dragon
    Human

The beginning Empty The beginning

Post  Little lost dragon Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Tashrin sighed. Walking.... and more walking... and more walking..... walking. "You do know you have legs of your own right Vrans?" Tashrin, Vrans dragon asked. Vrans a young half elf sat on top of Tashrin "Yes I do but.... I like it up here." he said and Tashrin snorted "Ya I bet you do how ever my legs are tiring and your just adding to the weight." he said and Vrans sighed "Alright." he slid off Tashrin. He landed on the ground and started walking with Tashrin. After some time passing tree by tree Vrans looked up and saw rocks. "Ah a cave must be near by." he commented. Tashrin looked at it "The pattern seems to be neat. I doubt thats a cave. Maybe a wall of a house or something." he commented. "A house? In the middle of a forest?" Vrans asked. They got closer past the tree line "That is no house." Vrans said and Tashrin nodded. A few feet in front of them stood a tall wall bearing the mark of Anthatal on it. "Well we found a city or where close by one now." Tashrin said then looked at Vrans "I'd advice not flying over it. Judging by the way the stone is we'd become pin bags." he said and Vrans frowned. "May as well locate the front gate then." he said. They started to walk along the wall a few steps away from it.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

The beginning Empty Re: The beginning

Post  Erosaf Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:19 am

She sat in the huge throne room, dealing with each issue that came to her attention. Of course, this was the way her life was. Right now though it was a war meeting, and she was glad it was nearly over. Then she heard a warning bell chime and she sighed. What was coming their way this time?

She stayed still for only a moment before knowing what it was. There was a blue dusk dragon... and someone like her half elven cousin, Keya. Getting up, she called Drannor and Auraka over to her, and they headed in that direction of the walls. Gaelira followed, from a distance, growling her displeasure at one of the guests that must be the cause of the alarm bell.

Gem moved quickly though, knowing that she had to see if there was a threat outside the walls or not. She knew that the young man who was witht he dragon that set the alarm off had not chosen a side in the war. The reason they came though was unknown to the boy as yet, but when he figured out what it was, she was happy to help out where she could, if she could at all.

The gates swung open to let her and the other two out, but closed instantly after. Archers seemed to line the walls incase she needed them. Hopefully though, they would not be needed in the slightest. She smiled as she wove though the trees, until they were face to face with the young half elf.

"Greetings. What brings you both to be within my realm?" she asked, smiling. "I am Queen Gemstarzah Vestelle Hawksong, leader of this city, Fourth Monarch over all you see in Nuban and Leader of the Dragon Riders."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:23 am

Vrans looked up as some one came same as Tashrin. They both stopped walking. When the one making the noise stopped in from of them and introduced her self as the Queen of the city they had run into here and leader of dragon riders which at that Vrans and Tashrin both looked at each other having not known of her till now.

"We did not know of this place. If we intruded we apologizes and will leave at once." Vrans said trying his best to sound respectful which made Tashrin roll his eye's "Right now where traveling. His father spoke of a war and he wanted to find out more on it. Though as he said we did not know about this place." he explained and got a elbow in the leg which be barely felt.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 am

"You have heard correctly about the war that is currently taking hold over all of Nuban. My people are on one side, and Lindan Marcos is on the other side. Humans against the elves. It is a sorrowful thing, but seeing as he will not step down, and he was the one who started this, niether will my people." Gem sighed as she looked upon them. "Your father was right about the war, however, you are not really intruding here. I will allow you into my city, for there you will be safe. It is not the odd occassion that we get other refugees here from the towns outside the forest border. I already knew you were coming, though you being a half elf surprises me. Only one such person did I know if, and that is my cousin, Princess Keya Marcos, the daughter of my enemy. Not that she and I are enemies in the slightest."

"Though i must ask, what brought you this way, if you were not sure about the war that is happening? Did your father send you this way, in the hopes that you would find somewhere safe to hide? Or was it that your mighty dragon wishes to learn more about the powers that I know he posesses, to do with the world of ice? I know that is a ditinct capability of him. I must warn you though, there is one in these walls who would not easily welcome him, nor trust him for that matter." She sighed. This war between the dragon races was starting to get more than a little annoying for her.

"Gaelira is the only Sun Dragon alive, and it is she who would not be so accomodating you, Dusk dragon, though I mean you no insult by my warning. It's just that our greatest enemy is a dusk dragon, and because of that, she does not think lightly of your entire race."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:08 am

Vrans nodded "It is true its very rare for a half elf like me and Princess Keya to be around. As for whay I'm over here, he came one night and spoke to my mother then they told me to head in this direction telling me it was safe. that was when father told me of the war. I guess it was nearing that town I lived near by. On my way I met Tashrin this big fellow." he said nodding to Tashrin "Telling me I was his rider.... when something this big come out of no where and says that.... you know what i mean?" he said

"Anyway after we worked that out we went on he agreed to head to safety and then after a few days, we came here." he explained Then Tashrin spoke "I haven't heard to much about my kinds part in the war though from what I have picked as you say my kind haven't.... been the best lets just say." he said not looking to happy about it. "How ever learning the power you say I have would help with defense and so on." he said and Vrans nodded.

"Well I'm sure Tashrin could change her mind or at least not lump every being of a race and think there all the same." he said "Cause if that where true then I would not exist and nor would Princess Keya." he said unaware that the one he was speaking to would not either.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:18 am

"I do not imply that you are a danger to my people, Tashrin and Vrans. I have nothing against those who are half elf and half human. I am on very good terms with my cousin, even though we're on different sides of the war." She smiled. "I just ahve to be careful about who i allow into my city at the present time."

Drannor chuckled and then turned to look at the archers on the walls. "Binax niara!" he commanded. All of them seemed to lower their bows, though they did not bother to move out of sight. Clearly they obeyed his commands, though I knew that at the moment theyw ere still wary of Tashrin.

“I suggest that you come inside the walls, its not safe to be out here, even when I defend these forests. Just please be careful what you do and say around Gaelira, the littlest thing could easily provoke her into attacking you. I cannot competely defend you from her anger."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Vrans nodded "I understand. with the enemy wanting to infiltrate everything and so on got to be picky." he said and Tashrin nodded "I'll try to not say to much when she's around. Last thing we need is injures." he said "I do not like to push others around. It often does not get you anywhere and the one your pushing tends to get back some point some way." he said

Vrans nodded "All in all we'll do our best though.... this is the first time we'v ever spoken to anyone royal never mind the Queen of dragon riders? You'll have to tell me more about this cause I haven't heard of this before now." he said and Tashrin nodded but stayed silent this time.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 am

"All you can do is be careful. I would hate for Gaelira to get angry at either one of you, she's almost impossible to stop when she does. Their bond was great, but not great enough to deal with such a thing. "Come on in," she added, as she turned towards one of the taller male elves behind her. He, she knew was worried by this developement.

"Do not be so worried, Auraka. You know as well as I do, and as well as Drannor does that if there is trouble, I will know before it happens, and I will do what i can to stop that trouble from happening."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:22 am

Vrans and Tashrin nodded and followed her in. Vrans tapped Tashrin a few time and he lowered his head and Vrans got on. "So what all goes on in here?" Vrans asked having never really been in a city never mind town before. "Never seen so many beings around." he said starting to look a bit nerves

"He's a loner trying to work him out of it." Tashrin explained for Vrans nerves behaver. "He's never really been around large amounts of anyone. He's ok around a small group but any larger he tends to either want to get away or hide." he said and got a ellbow on the head which he barly felt.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:29 am

She chuckled. "Come on." With that she turned and headed into the gates, knowing that they would follow. This was a place where all were safe a free to do as they pleased.

For a few moments she spoke to Drannor and Auraka in their own elven tongue. "What do you think of them?"

"They seem alright, I can't find any malice in either of their heads when it comes to all of us elves," Drannor replied.

"A bit of time maybe and we might be able to turn at least one of them into a good warrior," Auraka added. "It will be interesting to know of the boys capabilities, seeing as he is half elf at least."

I nodded to both of them before speaking once more in the language that the newcomers would understand. "Perhaps we could teach you what we can. I know that Gaelira is a good teacher when it comes to dragons learning the element that is inside of them," she said. "Would you like that?"
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 am

Vrans looked at Tashrins eye who looked back at him "Before we accept there's one thing we need to know. Whats the catch? I mean teaching one how to defend and so on.... mother always said to find the price before accepting anything." he explained

Tashrin was nodding "We don't mean to sound like we don't trust you its just we don't want to get caught up in a deal that we did not know of after the fact." he explained "But if there is no catch then sure. If there is one let us know and we'll think it over." he said.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:19 pm

“Your mother is a wise one then. Not many would ask of such things and expect to get an answer. The Dragon Riders are meant to be warriors and peace keepers at the same time. For over five thousand years we have worked to keep this land peaceful. There are those however who seek to destroy our race, and rebuild them so that there is no peace anymore.”

She sighed. “It is my duty as the leader of the Dragon Riders to gather those who are loyal to our true cause and keep them safe. That does however clash with my duties as queen of the elves as well. More and more dragon riders are joining the betrayer, Lindan Marcos, and I fear that an all out war will soon erupt between humans, elves and Dragon Riders. I wish to teach you so that you can defend yourself in the time of battle to come, should you not choose a side and be attacked by one of his riders.”
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Vrans looked thought full but Tashrin spoke first "We accept you offer then." he said and Vrans nodded "An seeing as its either get picked off by one side.... I think I'd rather be on this side then." he said and Tashrin looked at him for a second then nodded "Very well we'll accept your offer and side with you. Though right now we don't know do much about the war." he said

Vrans nodded and sighed wondering what happens next hoping there won't be crowds involved.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 pm

“I can promise you that you will be safe here. No humans come here unless they have to because they have been forced to bring me a message from Lindan Marcos by some cruel means. It saddens me that he is only trying to destroy the riders because he hates elves. It vexes me though, that he is the rider of so young a dragon. Rhothlion never chose Lindan Marcos.”

I chuckled though. “There will not be any great crowds. At the moment though, I daresay you’d like to know where your staying?” she already knew there was a tree ready for him.
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Tashrin nodded as she spoke same as Vrans. When she asked if they wanted to see where they where staying they both said yes. "Yes we would like to. Though I will be able to sleep with Tashrin?" Vrans asked

"Once again he's a loner and well he's only seen me for that last while so he's gotten rather attached." Tashrin said "Hey your the one who said I was your rider and decided to come along." Vrans said And Tashrin just shook his head with a slight smile showing he really did not mind though.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:02 am

"Of course you will be able to sleep with him. Each and every one of our trees has a place for the dragons to roost, above the actual house itself. It is something we have always had, and no matter how big the dragons get, the trees can still support their varying weights. In comparison to the dragon I fly with, Tashrin is ratehr small, meaning you no offense, Tashrin."

She looked towards the sky. "Here she comes."

She was a beautiful dragon. Her scales were a brilliant white color that all seemed to sparkle almost blinding people in the sunlight. Her eyes were very elf like in appearance, though a lot deeper and meaningful. They were a deep orange in color. Her head was the size of a horse, her eyes as large as a cart's wheel. Running down the middle of her furry face were several large spines, these ran from her nose, all the way to the tip of her tail. Out the back of her head, at least the length of a pike, were two sharp white horns. Her cheeks had dinner plate sized triangular horns coming from them, protecting her throat. A pair of massive gleaming white teeth showed at all times outside her mouth.

You could almost say that the rest of her body would have been almost the size of a large hill, but not as big as a mountain. Some of the mountains dwarfed her still, and she was always growing. She was the biggest type of dragon that there, was out of the different types.

Her body was well muscled, and out of each of the three toes on each of her four feet stretched gleaming white claws that were the length of a common human broadsword. Her wings were white with long delicate looking feathers and were easily shaped like those of an eagle. Elf bow shaped long feathers adorned the tip of her tail. When she went into battle, I knew that her kind could make these feathers hardened into sharp spines that she could use as weapons.

"Meet Gaelira, my dragon, and the only Sun Dragon alive."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:04 am

Tashrin looked at the white dragon and realized why he was told not to tick this one off. She was much bigger then him and from what he was told this one would be teaching him things to. He bowed when she was introduced and Vrans knowing that it could treat him like a bug and so on did so to. "Now I know why you looked at me like that when I said we'd join there side. hope we don't get on her bad side." Vrans muttered to Tashrin and Tashrin just bumped him "Shut, up, she may hear you." Tashrin said to Vrans ear hoping she would not hear all this.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 am

"As long as you say nothing that I could easily take to be an insult, young ones, you have nothing to fear from me," Gaelira said. Her voice was powerful, but that was not surprising for her age. "If its going to insult me, keep it within your heads." Her head lowered towards them, as she turned and moved around both of them. "It will take time for you to learn everything you can from us, but I can sense that there is ice within you, hatchling. I do not mean any offense by calling you that, for I know you are not one, but you are still very much smaller than you should be."

Even though there was no chance of Tashrin being a hatchling, to one such as Gaelira he certainly was. "Um, Gaelira, try not to scare them, would you?" Gem asked.

The white dragon chuckled lightly. "That is not something I do all that often, little one, and you know that." She smiled.
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 am

Tashrin and Vrans both looked at each other at the insult part. They both nodded. When Tashrin got called a hatchling he did feel a bit of offence there. {She calls me that right after saying that....} he thought. He was going to say something but decided not to. then he heard what she said about not meaning offence but said he was smaller then normal for his age. Still saying he's small.....

"Your sure big." Vrans said looking up at her and Tashrin nearly swatted him but decided not to. He hoped the white would not take offence to that. Females can be.... defencive if that where to be taken the wrong way.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 am

"its something that comes with age. Soon I will stop growing, and i think I have a solution as to why you're not as big as others your own age. You've never managed to use ice, have you? I know that once an element is able to be used by a dragon they start growing twice as quickly as before they knew about their element."
    The white dragon yawned. Then she turned and leapt back into the sky.

Gem smiled at her dragon, and then looked over at the others. "I'll show you your home now. Do not worry, she is not concerned by your presence at the moment. Tomorrow we'll start teaching you."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 am

"Ah ok." Vrans nodded and Tashrin nodded to. "So powers come with size ok." he muttered. Then when Gem spoke to them they nodded. "Wonder how a tree and a home will work....." Vrans muttered and Tashrin smiled a bit. "So where do we meet for training? Are we going to train with the dragons or...? Vrans asked not knowing how this stuff went as they walked.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 am

Gem smiled. "I tend to only train the riders, Gaelira deals with the dragons. I have one other student at the moment, she’s not far into her training yet, but she would love to have someone else training beside her. The dragon riders getting new members is getting harder, my enemy seems to be snaring anyone outside of the woods. You’re lucky to have gotten here.”

She paused as someone came running up. “Head Rider, is there anything you want me to do?” it was a young red haired female elf, no older than Vrans himself was.

“Meet me at the sparing fields, Tanika. We’ll take your lesson from there.”

The young elf nodded and ran off again.
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Vrans looked at the red haired elf then looked away. Tashrin lowered his head to whisper to Vrans "Careful there." he whispered and Vrans nodded when the one left "I take it that was your other student?" Vrans asked and Tashrin rolled his eye's. {I said be careful not dumb of course thats her other student} he thought. "And when do our mine and Tashrins classes start?" he asked and Tashrin wanted to smack him upside the head now {I'm they start when we'v seen our place and settled down a bit then we head to practice} Tashrin thought.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 am

"You will start tomorrow. Though if you wish you may come and watch for the day today, I do not mind and I doubt Tanika will be of any different opinion." Gem smiled at them, as she continued to walk through the trees.

She smiled though at them. "Don't worry, I won't push you too hard when it comes to training. Though there will be a few rules you'll have to remember, but they won't be needed until tomorrow."
    Little lost dragon
    Human

Post  Little lost dragon Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 am

Vrans nodded "Ah ok. I think me and Tashrin would like to rest up though. I mean all the walking and so on and training tomorrow where going to be sore." he said "Do dragon get sore?" Tashrin asked "From walking around and so on? Cuase I have yet to get sore from that." Vrans just looked at him and elbowed him again and Tashrin with held a smile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:00 am