Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

What might have been, all welcome but this time its Glen/Gem shipped together. oo. Maybe Keya/Auraka could happen? would be interesting

eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

What might have been, all welcome but this time its Glen/Gem shipped together. oo. Maybe Keya/Auraka could happen? would be interesting - Page 2 Empty Re: What might have been, all welcome but this time its Glen/Gem shipped together. oo. Maybe Keya/Auraka could happen? would be interesting

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 am

Gleanwing

He sighed and held her tightly and hugged her, "Knowing of the future is a gift and a curse, to know when your loved ones will die and not being able to stop fate." he turned her around and looked at her, "But remember this I will always be with you no matter what my love." he smiled hoping to aliviate her stress. He sighed, "At least you had time before the battle to spend time with them Gem."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

What might have been, all welcome but this time its Glen/Gem shipped together. oo. Maybe Keya/Auraka could happen? would be interesting - Page 2 Empty Re: What might have been, all welcome but this time its Glen/Gem shipped together. oo. Maybe Keya/Auraka could happen? would be interesting

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:02 am

“Laura only returned to all of us yesterday, Glen. Zelphar only the day before that.” That was not exactly much time at all if you asked her. She sighed. “It can be a pain I suppose, but I would rather know than not know.”

She smiled though. "lets just get this over with. Remember, our main goal is to get the humans safely here, the others in my family will deal with any ambushes they can."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 am

Glen

"So we are going to be doing all the boring stuff, fun." he said sarcastically he looked down at her, "still it's better then nothing, and we still have my parents to yell, love and care for us." he rolled his shoulders, "All of these battles, when are we going to be able to spend time with each other without worrying on whose going to die and what the fate of the land will be." he was annoying slightly though he could manage with ease.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:14 am

“Not until the human traitor falls,” she replied. Then they would be able to relax a bit more. It was something that she knew was not that far of. “A time that is not that far off now.” She smiled though. “Come on, we better get out there. And you're right, its better that we're doing something instead of nothing at the moment.”

She would not have wanted it any other way. "I'm only taking the Hawkblades as well as your men. From what I know, it will be enough men, though we may find the Centaurs will come to help us."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 am

Glenawing

he rolled his eyes, "So we'll have a bunch horses helping us even better as long as we don't have to clean up after them." he grinned and began to walk towards the door. "So do you want to take horses or my chariot your choice I though prefer the chariot." he looked at her and paused, "And the day Marcos dies it will be a day to rejoice."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:26 am

“Horses. Gaelira has an idea about getting us there even quicker than horses can take us, though we'll need them on the way home.” She smiled. “The dragons have the ability to blink forwards to another place instantaneously. I think we should make use of it, its a two days ride to the border of the woods and another two days after that to Adurna. Lindan Marcos however is 5 hours from Aduran.”
    She sighed. “We need to move and quickly. And don't what ever you do call a Centaur a horse to their face.. its a big insult.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 am

Glenawing

he nodded, "I was hoping to drive my chariot for once," he shrugged, "Don't worry I'll try not to call those over sized horses anything of that sort." he sighed, "So where should we go to get horses?"
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:55 am

"Drannor's already seen to that issue." She grinned. "I had things planned yesterday for this." That was something she was well capable of at the moment. She as used to being able to plan ahead. "They're waiting outside."
    With that she headed towards the front door and down the stairs.
    She could see the others waiting. Someone else had taken the time to get her horse ready. The white stallion was wearing basic light armour, and was waiting for her. All of them were only really covered on the heads and bodies, none wore anything on the legs, she knew that the journey there had to be swift. Time was certainly against them.

Drannor held the horse while Gem got up onto him. She saw her parents and Ashlere's parents waiting, but the dragons with them were not only protected by their own scales this time, but a full suit of armour themselves.

It seemed that everyone was ready. Then Gem looked towards the others. "Everyone ready?"

They all nodded, springing into their own saddles. Fifteen Hawkblades were soon quickly in the saddle, the entire group.

“Move out!” she called. All the horses started to move off, they were only walking though while they were in the city. Once we were outside those walls though, the dragons would blink us to Aduran.

“We can fly ahead and hide somewhere nearby to wait for him to show up,” Laura said. “We'll keep things safe for you to do that. Bizandra and the others all have that ability, and they'll use it to get us to a place between Nuduien and Aduran, so that we can block his approach even better.”

“I'd rather you were within sight of Aduran,” Gem replied, looking at her.

“We will be, Gem, only far enough that Rhothilion won't be able to tell what's going on in the the city when we attack him and his followers,” Zelphar replied.

“Alright, lets do it.”

Gaelira chuckled as she landed near us. “If you turn the saddles the other way around on the horses, we'll be able to carry one with us each time we blink forwards.”

All of them did that, knowing they would need the horses when they were on the way back. Gem knew though that the people in Aduran did not have many horses, but at least this way, they would have some protection if needed. If something was to advance against them from ahead, the elves would be able to ride ahead, deal with the threat and then meet them at a chosen place. It seemed like a well thought out plan to her. And that was a good thing, she could not see many obstacles on the way home, but she knew that something she dreaded would happen.

Right now though she could not dwell on that said thing, seeing as there was nothing she could do to stop that from occurring. It would happen, no matter what she did. They were the ones who had decided that they would fight, and she would not stop them now. She was the first, alongside Drannor and Glenawing to blink forwards.

Gaelira and the others dropped us within sight of Aduran and then vanished to collect others. It was weird watching her vanish into thin air, when Gem knew she would be back in a few seconds. She was right, it took no time at all for the three dragons to bring the other twelve across to us. She smiled though and leapt into the saddle once more, as Bizandra and the other fighters left on a wide loop around the town, to where they would lurk, waiting for the human king.

Soon the horses were heading towards Aduran, and once we were easily seen by the human town guards, Gem said, “Get that banner open, Drannor.”

He did and Gem smiled as the white dragon on its green background was battered by the wind that the galloping horses. As they all drew closer to the city, the gates swung open to admit them.

Now though it was Gem's turn to take the lead. She led the others through the cobblestone streets towards where Lord Aaron lived. Many humans seemed to stop what they were doing as the elves moved through the streets. They had not expected to see Drannor and Gem again so soon. A couple of kids from the orphanage called, “Nice to see you again, Gem!” as she passed the building. That made her chuckle, she could not help it at all. She had missed this town so much.

"I better go find out what is happening here at the moment," she told Glen. "Lord Aaron will be waiting for me up there."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:21 am

Glenawing

His blade drawn ready if anyone decided to attack, he looked around too see humans faces light up with fear clearly they recognized him, many guards moved back in fear as they passed, he looked to Gem, "I think they remember us or at least they remember me pretty well." he did not miss the town nor did he care for it. He looked around keeping an eye on the archers. He shifted slightly in the saddle as his feet were becoming sore as they galloped through the streets of the congested city.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 am

"They know me well enough that I'm not going to attack them. After al, I did live here for fifteen years." She smiled though. 'You seemt o see danger when there isn't any. None of them would attack me, else I'd be dead by now, and certainly not have become queen."
    Soon they drew near to the manor house of Aduran. The gates to it opened as well, admitting them into the outside courtyard, where a few young boys came up to take the horses. The main door to the building opened as Gem swung down from the saddle of Narimya. The elves were ready to do what we could for this town. Lord Aaron came striding out, though this time, he was not alone, a tall blond haired female elf – wait an elf? - accompanied him. She smiled at all of the other elves, though she did not speak.

“It's good to see that you have come, My Lady,” Lord Aaron said, coming to a stop in front of Gem.

“How could I leave you to his wrath? That would not have been fair if I had chosen to, after you kept me hidden when you all knew he would want me captured and taken to him. I owe this town my life, and now I have the chance to repay that debt.”

“All of my people are already preparing for departure. We have simply been waiting for you. Only there is one problem. We do not have enough horses and things to get everything out that my people want to take,” Aaron replied.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 am

Glenawing

He looked at the Human studying him, he remembered him clearly and he remembered that he had sent troops out to find him and kill him. He pointed his sword at him and said questioningly, "If I find that your double crossing us, you'll be crossing blades with me and you don't want that I'm sure." he knew that he could trust Gem but this man he couldn't due to their past relations with another.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

She stared at Glenawing for a few moments. "Glenawing, Lord Aaron has never done anything to cause you trouble, nor me. I'm glad I ended up in Aduran, otherwise I'd be in Linda Marcos' dungeons now, practically dead." She shuddered at the thought for this she knew was truth.

"Indeed you would have. Most of the lords do not trust the elves, though I do myself. Perhaps that is why Lindan Marcos comes to annialate my town." He did not seem concerned by Glenawing's actions at all. "If I were not on your side I would not have called for help, would I?"

"No, your wouldn't of because you wouls have been a lot more like the rest of the hateful humans who hate my people," Gem replied.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:21 am

Glenawing

"ah but you forget if you wished to attack or assasinate Gem this would be the best time, you could have called to simple attack us and attempt to kill us." he looked at Gem, "You can never be to careful around humans, their thin blooded race easily changes their mind and lie most of the time." he looked at the lord, "You can never trust too easily in war."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 am

“I trust him, that should be good enough for you, Glenawing,” Gem said. “We're wasting time. Every minute you stand here talking to him like is making it easier for Lindan Marcos to get here and destroy the city. We don't have time for this.”

She grimaced. She knew how much more closer things were getting. “Listen to me, there's a band of Minotaur coming this way, to meet up with Lindan Marcos and help him. If they get here before all of are out of here, we're going to be outnumbered. We have to get things done, and fast.”

She sighed. “I'd know if he is going t double cross us, but I can only be sure of us getting back into the woods as long as we keep the Minotaur behind us. If they get here, there is no telling what the future holds, I'm blind around the beasts.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:58 am

Glenawing

He looked at her, "I'll ride out with my men and hold off the minataurs it will be better if you keep you men to defend the people escaping that way they can't attack the towns people easily." he looked at the noble, "I'll still have my eyes on you." he looked to Suraj his right had man and his close friend, "Suraj muster the men tell them to get ready to ride out."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 am

“You don't know which way they are coming from.” She spoke quickly. “Take a look out the window behind me. See the twin mountain peaks? If you keep riding towards those, you'll intercept their path. I know you'll have to double back through the town, but luckily Aduran is small. The gate we came in by is the only gate.” She sighed. “Stay safe.”

She looked at Aaron. “I'll get my men helping where they can. With any luck we'll already have left when you come back.”

She smiled at Glenawing“I'll see you somewhere between here and the forest, Glenawing.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 am

Glenawing

He nodded and then looked at the lord, "I'm still watching you." and turned to Suraj, "Good thing you still brought my chariot." he looked at Gem, "I decided to bring it just in case." He paused and looked out the window and then turned around, "That shouldn't be to hard to defend the town." he began to walk out towards his chariot which had been preped for battle, it was white and gold with a lion raored in the front, he held the riegns and held his sword in the air and yelled, "March out." and began to movie foward.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 am

She knew there was a lot of work to be done, but it was not long before she had spoken to Eltaor when he and the other centaurs who were sent had arrived. Twenty minutes later everyone was heading out of the walls and on their way towards the forest.

She had however learned of something she had not been anticipating. Keya had been found by the soldiers not long after she had gone home to the forest. And they had taken her with them to Nuduien. Gem knew that meant her cousin would be aware of who she really was now.

A burden she had not wanted to have to face, but yet now, she knew there was no avoiding it. Just as they left the walls behind, Gem heard a roar of rage and the four dragons came flying past, low in the sky but swift. The one in the lead was Bizandra.

"Try and move quickly everyone, they're coming at us now," Gem told the others. Everyone sped up a little.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Glenawing

He smiled as he saw the minataurs, he said calmly, "Make a phalynx have the archers fall back." he looked to Suraj who was on his chariot next to him, "We'll flank the enemy you take left I take right as usual my friend," Suraj nodded at Glen and said enthusiastically, "Stay safe and may your sword stay sharp." Glenawing smiled and replied back to him, "Same to you and make sure you don't do anything stupid." Suraj grinned and slyly said, "How about you don't do anything stupid like getting captured." and rode off, Glenawing made it to the right flank of the enemy and began to tear down minatuars and humans with skill.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 pm

I turned my head to watch as the dragons soared through the air, aiming for something that was behind us. I knew as I looked on that the dragons were angry, there was something coming that should not have been. For a few moments, my horse stopped as i turned in the saddle to watch as Bizandra and the others went soaring past us, low in the sky and swift. It was clearly an aggressive stance that they had taken as they soared along. They were ready for battle, and I knew that they would do what they had to now. They would only be able to hold off those who chased after us for so long though.

We would not get as far as we had hoped, but hopefully we would get far enough that we would reach the mountain before we were overrun by what ever else was following us. the last thing we needed was for Gaelira and the others to have to reveal themselves to Lindan Marcos.

Let him think that the dragons rushing for him now were our only ones. he would not know what he was getting into when the time came for me to fight him that way. Though I hated for it to be such a thing for my mother to have to pull, off I knew that she would do what she had to to protect our greatest secret that we had. A secret with one name. Gaelira. She was the Sun Dragon, and that was something that Lindan Marcos and Rhothilion feared the rise of. They would leave us no peace when she was revealed, this I knew myself to be true. Nor would Gaelira give them any peace when she chose to reveal herself to them. She would not let Rhothilion live long then.

When that time came, I had to be read to fight as well, It was not something that I was ready for yet, and she did not want to have to reveal herself until I was certain that I was ready personally. Not for a while yet would that be possible. I knew that much at the moment. I cared for her, but I also had my duty to the rest of Nuban. It was a heavy weight for the shoulders of such a young elf as myself, but I would do what I had to do to protect all of them from the likes of Lindan Marcos. That much I knew at the moment.

My people were counting on me at the moment and I had to help them where it was needed. There were so many things that could go wrong at the one crucial moment right now, but I knew that my mother would not allow that to happen. As soon as I saw the rapidly approaching Minotaur though, I called out to the others and the other Hawkblades swept backwards, falling into a line and ready to charge. They were quickly joined by many armoured centaurs.

it only took me a moment to call out the command and we were racing towards the oncoming bull-men. they were not a match for or strength and speed on the plains, I could see that. We were moving a lot more quickly towards them than they were towards us at the moment. I could feel Gaelira's worry though, but she was keeping it contained at the moment. She knew that I was not in danger unless more came than the fifty we were facing at the moment. That was something that she had nothing to be worried about at the moment.

I could sense no more Minotaur lurking any where near here, so we would be quite safe at the moment. there was nothing for us to fear. I hoped though that it would stay that way. Anything that came at us though, we would cut down where it stood. Though a dragon would be a bit of a bother for us. That was something that would be out of our range for a fight, I knew that.

Corellon only came out of its sheath as we got a lot closer to those who would fight us. I would not allow my friends to be caught and as soon as one of the Minotaur was within striking distance, my sword rose and cut him down. Eltaor and Drannor were on either side of me the whole time we fought, they would help if I needed it. It was clear why Eltaor was the General of the Centaur fighters, he seemed easily able fight off any Minotaur that came rushing at him. It really was something that made me pleased to watch at the moment.

Every time I heard one of the dragons fighting nearby roar in pain though, I could not help but look up to see who it was that had been hurt. Then it happened, I had just looked up and seen Rhothilion sink his teeth into Bizandra's neck, crushing the bones. She howled, he hadn't killed her, but she could not shake herself free from him. It seemed to happen in slow motion as I saw Lindan Marcos thrust out with his blue sword once more towards my mother, and as it cut through her chest and I knew through her heart, Bjart rammed into Rhothilion, forcing him to let go of his mate.

Right now Bizandra was right above of us, and I hastily shouted, “Dragon!” Everyone bolted. We managed to get out of the way but the few remaining Minotaur were crushed as she slammed into the ground, causing the earth to shake with the force of her weight hitting it. Some of our horses reared when she hit the ground, throwing off their unexpecting riders. I was one of the few who got thrown off.

I got back to my feet with a wince though and moved towards where the dragon was. I knew that none of the Minotaur's beneath her would have survived, there was no chance for them to escape even if they had. She was way too heavy. You could only really imagine how much a creature of her massive proportions would have weighed. One of her talons had Aloiene in it, but now that she was on the ground, and certainly not moving... the grip she would have had on it was gone, and it slid out easily, when I pulled on it.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Glenawing

He sighed as he saw Gem's mother and her dragon fall, he turned his cahriot towards were they had fallen and as he appraoched he looked at Gem, he got off more or less leaped off of his chariot and stood next to Gem, he put his arm around her comfortingly, he looked at her, "Fate is cruel, it takes those we love the most in an instant." he hugged her tightly, "She died a hero."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:56 pm

I couldn't believe though that they really were gone from us... until we died. Even then they might have moved on, and we would not see them again. My eyes shot up to the sky, Bjart was grappling with Rhothilion with a ferocity that I would not have expected the blue dragon's brother to have. Then again, this was his mate and his own rider's mate lying here on the ground near me.

Then there was another roar and Bjart tumbled as well, killed the same way. Eltaor was the one that caught the two green swords when they fell, he was the only one who was able to get over there and back before Bjart crashed into the ground himself.

If it was one thing I was well aware of, it was the tears that were welling up inside me.

"If they cannot beat him, when they are older than him, who can?" I was starting to doubt my own destiny. How could I possibly beat Lindan Marcos? And yet, I was the one who had to.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 am

Glenawing

He looked at Gem sadly and sighed, "It's true, yet their memories will never leave us." he kissed her and held her close to him, "This is why we fight."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:08 am

She was worried, that much she knew. how could she possibly do as she was meant to and yet have this hanging over her? She knew that she was going to have to get a lot stronger before she met the human king in battle. That seemed to be all she got out of this.

Her eyes moved away from where her mother and Bizandra were, hearing Bjart roar in pain. She could see Nuala and her mate falling through the air as well, their dragons dead. Then to top all of it off, Bjart fell. That told her that aside from Ashlere and Drannor, her family was gone.

She sighed, turning away as one of the centaur, Eltaor she knew, moved quickly to gather up the other fallen riders swords before the humans were able to take those.

"I guess we better get on the move, before he comes at us." She sighed. She would mourn her family later when they got back home.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:17 am

Glenawing

He looked at her and sighed, "Let us go." he held her tightly. "We will see them again." he looked over his shoulder to Suraj, "tell the men were returning home."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:44 am