Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

3 posters

A Parting Gift

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

A Parting Gift Empty A Parting Gift

Post  Erosaf Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:52 am

The white dragon sighed as she moved through the palace. She knew that her time was limited now. She did not want to leave the others behind, but she knew she had to if her family was to survive. At the moment, her mind was heavily shielded from Gem in particular. She did not want to leave the young elf, but she knew that she would.

Her mind pondered what was going to happen soon, and she knew that as soon as Hybur and Xanotter returned, she would fall. She too caught glimpses of the future, and she knew that the trouble from Drian was far from over. He would cause her own son and his rider to kill her, and she knew that it would not truthfully be their doing.

With a sigh, she moved out to one of the courtyards, her mind made up. “Gem? Auraka? Rasjar?” she called.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

A Parting Gift Empty Re: A Parting Gift

Post  Kanchana Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:16 am

Rasjar's head instantly perked up at the sound of her voice, surging his mass to his feet and padded towards her, nose nuzzling her cheek gently before settling himself beside her own great mass.
    "You called love?" he voiced, head resting upon his claws and yawned loudly, feeling much older then his young years "is something the matter?"

He knew from her tone that something was on her mind, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear it.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

The old white dragon sighed as she saw all her closest family coming to her now. She knew this would not be easy. "Please, let me say what i have to without interrupting. I will answer any questions you might have, after I have finished, for this is not easy for me to speak of."

She paused, looking at each of them, first, Auraka, then, Rasjar, until finally her eyes fell on her own rider. It was Gem who would be hurt the most, and she knew it.

"It is my belief that when Hybur and Xanotter return, I will fall. I am older than any of you would imagine, over five centuries of time have passed since I hatched. Like Gem, I have my own version of her gift, only mine only allows glimpses of things to come, not the things that cause them.

"Because of this, and hopefully to make that time easier on all of you, I have done a lot of thought on this, and have come to a decision. I must warn you, that what I wish to do, can have severe consequences. To explain this best, I must talk of the past. You all remember how powerful Rhothilion and Lindan Marcos were. This is because you were not seeing only one human's strength, nor simply one Dusk Dragons. Had you been, overthrowing them would have been easier and done more quickly than the almost two decades it took."

She snorted. "Many of the dragons that he killed in order to destroy the Uruohtar's of old still live on, back in Nuduien itself. I do not know that Keya knew of this, or she would have tried to help us. Many of the dragons whose bodies were slain in that bloody time, are still alive today. Unlike with most creatures who dwell these days, our souls are not only within our heads. A hard gem like object, made of that which our scales are, resides in our chests. Usually these are not spoken of, and with us they die. However should we choose to, or are forced to as my slaughtered brethren were, we can give this gem up, and this is where the danger is."

She paused. "You see whoever holds this stone holds, not just a stone. But our very souls in their hands. With it, we can be forced to do their bidding, regardless of whether we want to or not."

She snorted. "Any questions this far?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Rasjar and Auarka's eyes both flashed with worry at her starting words, knowing whatever she had to say wasn't going to be good, but nodded slowly as one.

Auraka's mind seemed lost at the mere fact these dead dragons of old were not exactly dead, that they were still around...and no one knew about them. Rasjar seemed to make more sense of it, nodding his head along with a slight smile, but Auraka knew his mind was worried and filled with plans to try and save his beloved mate.

"Continue," he said looking to Gem to see if she had any questions to ask.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:16 pm

"Lindan Marcos did capture all of them, though many of us were crafty about where we hid them. He got them, but not all at once. A long time had passed by, two centuries infact, and I would been only two hundred myself at the time, many of the Riders became careless about protecting our stones. At the time he turned on the elves and my kin, for I was a wild dragon those days, it was not uncommon for the Dragons of the Riders to disgorge their stones for the sake of convenience. Meaning that even if for example the dragon was in the mountains of Nuban, the rider in Anthatal, they could share thoughts as easily as you would at the moment."

She sighed at the thought. "Throughout history, dragons have striven to hide their gem's or heart of hearts, from the rest of the world. We revealed their existance only to after the dragons and elves became one, and again when the humans joined the riders. And only then to a select few."

She snorted. "You might wonder if a dragon can defend their heart once it is no longer inside of us. While we have living physical bodies we can. We cannot die if we have disgorged these unless it is smashed."

She stopped. "There is more, but should it be needed I will tell you." She sighed. Then she looked to Auraka and Rasjar, then to Gem. "There was a time when I thought I would never have to give mine up. But due to seeing what happened to Drannor after Neldor, who did not give up his own, I will not allow such a thing to happen to you Gem. Until my body dies, it will be in your keeping."

She sighed. "Only in the event of Gem dying would I ever tell you to smash it, Auraka, Rasjar. I know how, I have done so for many of my freinds, who I found before Lindan Marcos did. The reason I give it to you, and not Gem in the first place, is because I know you will keep it safe. She does not need it until such a time as I die. Until then it is yours to protect, after that time, it is hers."

She snorted. "So now I ask you," she paused, "Rasjar and Auraka, will you accept my gift and all that it entails?"
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 am

Glenawing

He bandaged him self resentfully, he had only barely lost the war as after Hycis troops fled and joined Gem's troops he was overwhelmed, he was allowed to keep his island and govern it though he was under the 'keen eye' of Gem and Gaelira. He strapped on his chest plate, his grieves, his shin gaurds and belted his blade which still was blood stained from the battles. He moved slower then usual to Veer who growled as Glen climbed on him.

Their pride and ego had been some of the casualties of the war. Veer took off into the air and flew the Gem's castle. Veer circled twice and landed in the court yard next to Gaelira. Glen jumped off wincing as he felt a sharp pain go through his chest and back. He looked to Gem and Gaelira resentfully, "Why did you call me."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 am

The golden eyes watched as Veer approached from the south. They eyes of the white dragon enver left the golden dragon while he dove down towards them. "Better late than never, Glenawing," Gaelira growled. She looked towards Gem who spoke next.

"Gaelira has been explaining that she knows that upon my son's return, she will fall. This time though, she will not be staying with me, she will die," Gem replied. "She has found a way to get around herself dying for good though."

"An idea which it seems I must once again explain to you, because of your tardiness, Glenawing and Veer." Clearly Gaelira was not pleased by them taking their time to get here. It did annoy her when others were not there when she called within a reasonable amount of time.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:13 am

Glenawing

He started at Gem, he clenched his fist his anger raising, "My tardiness is justified." he began to grind his teeth as he walked closer to her, "Im sorry that I didn't have the strength to heal my self right after battle Gem." he looked up to Gaelira, "I find it a bit hard to believe that you are going to die." Veer growled slightly at Gaelira and Gem, "Stay with in your lines." Glenawing looked at the two of them and said agitated, "continue."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:17 am

“I like the idea even less than you believe it, Veer,” Gaelira replied. “There is a way for me to make it so that I do not completely die, but it is one that I do not look upon favorably, unlike the many riders dragons who did look upon it favorably before Lindan Marcos rose to power. I was alive back then, and well, I never did what they did.”

Gaelira sighed. “Every dragon has a second heart within them. It's like a gem. We can remove this from ourselves while we live, therefore safe gaurding ourselves from death. Mine has not been removed, and some time soon, during this meeting, I will have. I already know where it will be hidden away safely.”

eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 am

Glenawing

He raised an eyebrow, "Wouldn't this leave you vulnerable to our enemies? Wouldn't that strategically if we lost or misplaced your stone heart lead to our demise?" he paused and rubbed his chin, "If there are more of these where are they exactly?" if they captured all or most of them it would make the elves undefeatable. He smiled at the thought, though if the humans discovered this it would lead to the fall of his people.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 am

"I do not know where they are. Lindan Marcos enslaved the others, and I doubt even Keya knows as to where he's hidden them. There were thousands of dragons before he rose to power." She sighed. "I would be as vunerable as a hatchling, only you do not want to fight my mind, Glenawing. Therefore I know who will be protecting my stone and it will be safe, for they are to always keep it with them."

She sighed. "I will not allow those other stones to be used against anyone. I have sent Meira and Narimya to find them, wherever they are and smash them, so that the dragons inside will be freed from being slaves to anyone else, as should have happened when you elves fell against Lindan Marcos."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:35 am

Glenawing

"Why destroy something that can aid us beyond measure? Those dragons choose to continue and endure and they should be asked if they wish to endure." he didnt want these stones not to be destroyed, they could be used to their benifit. He looked at Gaelira and Gem, "As long as the humans don't find them it will not harm anyone to have them endure."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 am

"Did Lindan Marcos not prove to everyone that humans are smarter than the elves give them credit for being? He found them and he enslaved them. That means they will only answer to someone loyal to him. They are beyond our help," Gaelira replied. She sighed, then snarled at Glenawing. "It is for that very reason that I have never spoken of this before. I know the dangers that come for those like me who choose to reveal these Gems."

There was no arguing with her at the moment. “We only told a few of the elves, and a few of the humans. All of whom are dead! They were the ones who knew the location of the stones, how Lindan Marcos found out would be news to me, for at the time I was a wild dragon.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm